Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Work colleague/friend made homemade burgers and gave me one.
    Also made shortbread biscuits and gave me 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

One of my best mates texted me last night asking me what I was doing on a night in March. Answered her back saying I wasn’t doing anything and asking why. She said she had a spare ticket for Lewis Capaldi and asked if I wanted to go with her :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    One of my best mates texted me last night asking me what I was doing on a night in March. Answered her back saying I wasn’t doing anything and asking why. She said she had a spare ticket for Lewis Capaldi and asked if I wanted to go with her :D:D

I don't know who that is,but I hope you go and have a fantastic time with your friend,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

On a roll! The stick on my trusty mop snapped off. Overworked of course; only had it about ten years..;)

I realised I would have to buy a whole new mop and that will take time as I get all by mail order these days. The mop head is fine..

So I had a good look and the metal pole had rusted and eroded at the base.... I hammered it down to a new part, pushed it in and LO!

Cannot be without it as the ^^^ man who designed this place put pale yellow lino all through.... and in this climate.... Getting down on hands and knees is fine until I need to get up again!

HAPPY day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

@ Graces for some reason your post reminded of Triggers brush.
    Same brush for 20 years but has had 17 new heads and 14 handles :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Pickled eggs,no idea why they aren't a thing here,heh.

blade1 wrote: »
    @ Graces for some reason your post reminded of Triggers brush.
    Same brush for 20 years but has had 17 new heads and 14 handles :pac:

LOVE it! lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

My mam watching m*a*s*h and the laughing

I don't know who that is,but I hope you go and have a fantastic time with your friend,heh.

You might know his song Someone You Loved. I am absolutely going, and it’s even better that it’s the weekend after my thesis is due so I can use that as an excuse to celebrate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Boyfriend's pet name for me makes me TH.
    TH a parcel arriving tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Irish weather - I love it! :)

Honestly wouldn't live in any other climate in the world. This one is perfect for me!

I actually enjoy being out in the rain... not the heavy downpours, but the drizzle which we mostly get. It's nice, refreshing!

(Yes I know, I'm a weirdo. But a happy one... so I don't care!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Boyfriend's pet name for me makes me TH.
    TH a parcel arriving tomorrow.

You gonna tell us the pet name widders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Finally getting to hug my OH late last night after a long and trying day being sick, feeling like the world is against me and being misunderstood by everyone, even a best friend. He doesn't even need to talk for me to feel instantly better. He is my sanctuary. :o

cjmc wrote: »
    You gonna tell us the pet name widders ?

Can't mention that one.Theres also Kitten, Angel, and Princess. Betraying my feminist upbringing, but the heart wants what the heart wants :)

TH to get that morning appointment out of the way.My week is my own now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My TH is inspired by Widders "pet name" post (all lovely names Widders).

My TH is a bit pathetic but it did make me smile so I'll share it ...
    I love the TV series Grace and Frankie. Grace is played by Jane Fonda and I love her character. She's funny, intelligent and stylish. Anyways, I was binge watching the latest season and in one episode, some fun was made out of Grace's husband's pet name for her ... it happens to be honeybear!!!!!

I told ye it was trivial

honeybear wrote: »
    My TH is inspired by Widders "pet name" post (all lovely names Widders).

My TH is a bit pathetic but it did make me smile so I'll share it ...
    I love the TV series Grace and Frankie. Grace is played by Jane Fonda and I love her character. She's funny, intelligent and stylish. Anyways, I was binge watching the latest season and in one episode, some fun was made out of Grace's husband's pet name for her ... it happens to be honeybear!!!!!

I told ye it was trivial

Thanks. Tis good and ok to be soft sometimes, I have learned. That one was funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Good Customer Service. I had to deal with something over the phone today and was expecting to get the run around, instead I got very helpful and nice staff. Made a nice change.

I rang my dad this morning to invite the folks in for dinner this evening, got a text from my mam during the day saying "thanks for invite Duvet,might be a little late as getting eyebrows done"..she's in her 80s,made me smile .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I lost my birth cert and replacing it would cost €20.
    I knew it was somewhere in the house so I held tough on getting a replacement.
    It turned up today.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I rang my dad this morning to invite the folks in for dinner this evening, got a text from my mam during the day saying "thanks for invite Duvet,might be a little late as getting eyebrows done"..she's in her 80s,made me smile .

Aww , that's so lovely :)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aww , that's so lovely :)

They put me to shame tbh Mam ,we're all here now fed and watered,stove and heating on,they're watching the match and I'm trying to keep my eyes open lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Greed at the cinema on Friday evening
    Table quiz on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Four shows down, two to go!! No school until Monday and no show until Friday. I cant wait to sleep in the morning! I'm so excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went to the local garage for the paper this morning. In an attempt at small talk, I asked the young wan at the counter was she cold standing there. "No, just f**king bored". I burst out laughing at the world weariness of a teenager, mind she did laugh as well.

I’m not sure what it is, but I’m really liking how I look lately. I don’t know if it’s that my fringe that I was growing out is now long enough to put behind my ears so my hair looks like it has a shape to it, or if it’s that my skin looks good because I’ve been taking extra care of it or if it’s my body from the gym but whatever it it, I love it!

(None of that is meant as a brag by the way, just sometimes it’s good to have a bit of self-appreciation!)

TH saw a lady jump up and offer her seat to someone who needed extra help yesterday (to save them fighting through the clot of people crammed into the waiting room, searching for seats. I was at the far end of this crowd), and she asked her daughter to do the same.

Irish weather - I love it! :)

Honestly wouldn't live in any other climate in the world. This one is perfect for me!

I actually enjoy being out in the rain... not the heavy downpours, but the drizzle which we mostly get. It's nice, refreshing!

(Yes I know, I'm a weirdo. But a happy one... so I don't care!:D)

Its not weird. It's a gorgeous temperate climate, it's just not consistent. Some summers were terrible washouts, but when we really get a fine, long summer from April to October, theres nowhere better to be than here. Imo.

Viewing the day ahead as I listen to the tide crunching rocks on the shore just behind my home... And the howling wind....

Cats fed.... made chicken noodle soup y'day and there is plenty left, oh and boiled a big potato in it so can have fried potatoes...

Shopping due over late afternoon weather permitting...

A sweet quiet day ahead..... my time is my own... at peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

20/02/2020

I'm liking the look of today's date!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    20/02/2020

I'm liking the look of today's date!

You're going to be ecstatic at twenty past eight tonight :D

• Advertisement

The ID documents finally uploaded to my PayPal account so I could verify my identity and access my funds at last (well, soon).

Advertisement