Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ellejay

Just left Lidl Bray (third lidl store in a hunt of hammock on a stand) and thought the Carlsberg was good value.
    20 x 300ml bottles for 17.99

Heineken was 20 x 300ml bottles for 21

Edited to say I must have read the boxes wrong, I don't think they come in 300ml bottles, must be 330ml bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

ellejay wrote: »
    Just left Lidl Bray (third lidl store in a hunt of hammock on a stand) and thought the Carlsberg was good value.

Edited to say I must have read the boxes wrong, I don't think they come in 300ml bottles, must be 330ml bottles

The Heineken are 330ml.
    Recently lidl had a lot of Heineken x24 of 365ml for €25. That was very nice deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The Heineken are 330ml.
    Recently lidl had a lot of Heineken x24 of 365ml for €25. That was very nice deal.

It's worth noting that the case of 20 x 330ml gives you 20 x 30 ml = 600ml extra or the equivalent of 2 extra bottles compared to the case of 20 x 300ml.

Ultimately though it's down to taste and you should buy the beer you prefer to drink.

Luckily for me I like both :).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

geordi wrote: »
    Can't see the Guinness deal on the website or in my local. Does anyone know if it's still on?

no, the carlsberg did not happen either, you can still see the original offer in google cache
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MPUhM7BjfnIJ:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/%3Fid%3D268301101+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=ubuntu

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 9 Jun 2020
    SAVE 5.00 Was 19.00 ...
    valid from tomorrow

Seems st patrick missed a few snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

these were 355ml and presumable intended to be sold in pubs so sold to the supermarkets instead of letting them go out of date. Aldi had them to but were more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭raheny red

Centra doing the same deal on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

20 x 330ml Bottles of Bulmers also €17.99

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Lidl from 18/06
    Carlsberg 6 for 9euro.
    They've a 2 page spread on Guinness merchandise Inc 8 cans for 10 quid.
    4th of July specials include Duff beer 1.29, mount eagle lager 2 for 2euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Anyone see any good deals in Italian brewed moretti? Ideally the 660 ml

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone see any good deals in Italian brewed moretti? Ideally the 660 ml

4 for a tenner in Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

4 for a tenner in Tesco?

Was in my local Tesco last night , that offer not available , was 3.50 for a large bottle .
    Opted for 4 large peroni for a tenner instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

4 for a tenner in Tesco?

The 4 for €10 isn't showing online in Tesco for the Birra moretti - I see it on the Estrella & Peroni 660mls only:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258288808

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Hogzy wrote: »
    I dont know if it will or wont come within the allowable weight/dimensions but in any case it will likely be on the limit of those restrictions. I was just curious as to what the overweight/oversize charges were in the event that I would have to pay.

Fingers crossed they'll be within the limits though

How did you get on? Any charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

3 Desperados for €5.99 in Lidl. Not exactly a great deal but the alcohol content is 5.9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

awhir wrote: »
    How did you get on? Any charges?

Nope! Got delivered this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

€20 for a bottle of Jameson from tomorrow in Aldi

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

€20 for a bottle of Jameson from tomorrow in Aldi

Good value, but life is too short to drink very mediocre whiskey.........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Still only the price of 5 half ones in the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Oh sweet Lord God in Heaven spare us all please.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Oh sweet Lord God in Heaven spare us all please.
    Indeed. It may not be the bee's knees but it's far from mediocre IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Dunnes currently selling powers gold label whiskey 700ml for 20 euros..Handy if you have money off vouchers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Very mediocre is being generous.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Very mediocre is being generous.

It's all relative tbh, at the price point it's decent and well above a lot of the more expensive whiskey from new suppliers.

The powers offer above may be better for a more seasoned whiskey drinker.

And going back to the bargains, Powers three swallow is 33 in SuperValu at the moment, fantastic stuff and nothing would beat it at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Carry Out have Hendrick's Gin 70cl €36.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It's all relative tbh, at the price point it's decent and well above a lot of the more expensive whiskey from new suppliers.

And going back to the bargains, Powers three swallow is 33 in SuperValu at the moment, fantastic stuff and nothing would beat it at the price.

Powers 3 Swallow is an absolutely superb whiskey. And at €33 is an absolute steal.

Very very underrated whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Honestly there is no reason for the snobbery. If they think Jameson is mediocre they should try entry level scotch or bourbon. Jemmy is decent for the price point (even more so at €20).

Just been in Dunne’s and got the Powers at €20. They have some decent bargains. Redbreast 12 for 57, Powers Johns lane at €61 and a fiver off others including Green and Yellow spot. I picked up The Irishman founders reserve for €30. Will be back tomorrow with my €10 voucher for the Redbreast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Powers 3 Swallow is an absolutely superb whiskey. And at €33 is an absolute steal.

Very very underrated whiskey.

it's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Nice one, will give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone see any deals on Carlsberg ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Carlsberg unfiltered 8 for 10 in obriens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement