Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

magherakid wrote: »
    what you think
    Love the look at that.

One of my best friends growing up getting a start :) Stephen Kenny. Go on the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

magherakid wrote: »
    what you think

Alright, mixed squad. Furlong's chance to grab a goal or 2. Probably be a few changes a half time too, Cork V Cobh are never friendlies thou :P

that from twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

aye from twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Fecking Tranmere look likely to ruin the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Balo goal. Good shout whoever pointed out the 17/10 anytime last night, although I wouldnt be surprised if they voided it as a palpable error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

30 euro on Ballotelli Wincast at 12/5

150 euro on Ballotelli anytime at 8/11. Good luck tonight everyone!
    GET IN YOU DAISY!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I have mentioned this bet previously and it came in. Bayern have an amazing defensive record this season especially away from home (9 clean sheets and only one goal conceded in their 10 away games) Wolfsburg are not exactly prolific at home (only 9 goals scored in their 10 home games).
    Bayern to win with a clean sheet at 13/10

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Insane odds on Balotelli with Paddypower for tomorrow night.

12/5 Wincast (Odds on elsewhere)
    17/10 Anytime scorer (Odds on elsewhere)
    11/2 First scorer (16/5 elsewhere)
    4/1 Insurebet 1st scorer

Can't understand it. Robinho and El Sharaawy aren't even in the squad... And Balotelli is cup tied for the Champions League so he'll must likely play 90 mins tomorrow unless he's unfit (Haven't heard anything to suggest this)

Dream odds to say the least

Ahhhh yeah... :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got on the wincast at 12/5. Will be a phenomenal price if it goes through :P

Close enough to the end to call it. Great tip Smithwicks, thanks for that.

And thanks to everyone who have helped me to 6 wins out of 7 this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Liverpool, who are yet to beat a team in the top 10, are 1.62 (they win 62% of the time) against Swansea who are above them in the table and have the 7th best away record in the league.

Swansea double chance @ 2.5 on skybet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

12/5 Wincast (Odds on elsewhere)
    17/10 Anytime scorer (Odds on elsewhere)
    11/2 First scorer (16/5 elsewhere)
    4/1 Insurebet 1st scorer

this should be post of the day i think :)
    mind you todays post of the day is rather funny

i'm sure some here had all four backed
    just a brilliant spot to be fair and sweeter with the improved odds
    sorry, getting carried away now as im more used to losing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Again thanks to Smithwicks Man,excellent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Good punting Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Leeds +2 (away to Man City)
    Swansea (away to Liverpool)

€10 returns €126.50

That will cover your Saturday night

Leeds is Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Cheers lads! Glad a good few of yee got on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

vScMtlR.png

That's my bet for tomorrow. They are the most likely to go over games in my mind. Yes I could play it safe and just go for the over 2.5 goals but I rather win big than just small tbh. Infact if its just going to be small, void would do instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Leeds is Sunday

Never said it wasn't buddy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Twente - Willem II

Twente without:
    Willem Janssen (geschorst), Sander Boschker (kuit), Denny Landzaat (kuit), Nacer Chadli (hamstring), Andrej Rendla (knie), Andreas Bjelland (voet) en Daniel Fernandes (rug). Doubtful: Edwin Gyasi (knie).

Willem II without:
    Mitchell Piqué (knie), Ruud van der Rijt (knie), Mattijs Branderhorst (knie) en Ryan Sanusi (lies)

Twente hasnt won a match in 2013 so Willem II is the ideal opponent for them today
    Question here will be, can Willem II score a goal?

I am rather confident they can despite Twente keeping 6 clean sheets in 10 home matches so far. 4 of those were in the 1st 5 home matches so 3x BTTS in their last 5
    Willem II scores 50% in BTTS in their away games.2 in their last 5 but also 2 in their last 2

Bets i am looking at:
    BTTS: Yes @2.25
    Twente to win and over 3,5 @2.3
    Where pick no2 will also depend heavily on a Willem II goal imo.

Any time scorer: Leroy Fer @2.4, rather low for a midfielder but he is dangerous in the air with set pieces.

NAC - Heracles

NAC without:
    Jens Janse (geschorst) en Alex Schalk (enkel en voet).

Heracles:
    Jeroen Veldmate (voet)

More or less full strenght both teams. Schalk is usually coming off the bench.

As always with Hercales, looking at goals

Really cant see this one staying under 2,5 but odds on overs are not worth it

Over 3/3.5 @2.05 but i think i ll leave this one for live betting, hope for no goals in the 1st 15/20 minutes and get around even for over 3

Either team to win could be profitable with over 2,5 combined NAC will give @3.1 and Hercales @4.25

RODA - AZ

RODA missing: Michell Donald (geschorst), Krisztian Németh (enkel) en Laurent Delorge (kuit). Doubtful: Frank Demouge (lies).

AZ: Adam Maher (bovenbeen), Nick Viergever (geschorst, foto), Mattias Johansson (lies), Ali Messaoud en Maarten Martens (beiden knie).

No one really important there missing for RODA. That is completely different for AZ who will really miss Viergever and certainly Maher.

Was actually looking at unders as much as i hate that bet till i found out that AZ has only 1 away match going unders so that is out of the window.
    Odds on a RODA win look good with AZ's missings @1.75 for the DC, @2.5 for the DNB and @3.3 for the win.
    Home record for Roda is crap, 3 wins in 10,AZ lost 5 out of 11 away matches.

Malki to score @2,4 looks more delicious after looking at those home stats for Roda.

PSV - Utrecht

PSV missing: Luciano Narsingh (knie), Erik Pieters (pols) en Ola Toivonen (hamstring).
    All 3 long time absentees so will not be missed, they are used to play without them.
    Utrecht: Mark van der Maarel (geschorst) en Adam Sarota (knie).
    VAn der Maarel (22/0) is suspended and you really dont want a regular CD missing against PSV away.

Have no doubts about the win, question will be how many goals PSV will score

Might be worth it to leave this one, like NAC - Her, for live betting as PSV scorers 65% of their goals in the 2nd half
    PSV - Den Haag was a nice example, 1-0 till 57th minute, 7-0 final result.

So for me the bets i ll take before kick off:

Twente - Willem II Twente and over 3,5 @2.3
    RODA DNB @2.5
    PSV - Utrecht: half with most goals: 2nd @2.04 (1.95 bet365)

Malki/Fer any time double @5.76

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Southend Utd v Northampton
    Southend Utd: Barker (28/0 d), Phillips (19/2 d), Cresswell (30/6 d), Tomlin (25/12 f, top scorer), Timlin (25/0 d), Laird (4/0 m), Lavery (3/0 f), Hurst (30/4 m) (doubtful)
    Northampton: Nicholls (15/7 f)
    pick X2

SC Bastia v OGC Nice
    SC Bastia: Cahuzac (13/0 m)
    OGC Nice: Cvitanich (20/12 f, top scorer), Fofana (1/0 d), Genevois (17/0 d), Hennion (0/0 m), M'Bow (0/0 d), Pentecôte (2/0 f), Pied (19/0 m), Bahoken (4/0 f)
    pick 1

Mainz v Schalke 04
    Mainz: Bungert (7/0 d), Kirchhoff (15/0 d), Choupo-Moting (5/0 f), Parker (7/1 f)
    Schalke 04: Papadopoulos (10/1 d), Uchida (15/1 d), Afellay (10/2 m), Moritz (4/0 m), Huntelaar (19/5 f), Marica (9/2 f)
    pick 1X

Union Berlin v Ingolstadt
    Union Berlin: Jopek (13/3 m)
    Ingolstadt: Caiuby (21/6 f), Ikeng (1/0 m), Korkmaz (15/0 f), Leitl (19/5 m), Eigler (18/4 f), Schäffler (17/4 f)
    pick 1

Raith Rovers v Dumbarton FC
    Raith Rovers: Hill (19/1 d), Smith (18/1 f) (doubtful)
    Dumbarton FC: Ewings (14/0 g), Graham (13/1 d), Turner (14/1 m), Gilhaney (19/3 f), McDougall (15/1 f) (doubtful)
    pick 1

CA Osasuna v Real Zaragoza
    CA Osasuna: Riesgo (0/0 g), Sisi (11/0 m)
    Real Zaragoza: Romaric (9/0 m), Obradovic (1/0 d), Loovens (10/0 d), Javi Álamo (7/0 f), Zuculini (16/1 m), Alvaro (20/1 d), Postiga (23/9 f, top scorer), Hector (1/0 d)
    pick 1

• Advertisement

I noticed BTTS in the Arsenal/Blackburn and Oldham/Everton games being discussed a few pages back.

What do people think of adding the other two FA Cup games (MK Dons vs Barnsley & Luton vs Milwall) in to that as well? Basically, all eight teams to score in the FA Cup today. It's about 8/1 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Only 1 bet interesting me today,don't know why bookies give decent odds on teams playing Greuther Furth still.. Fortuna Dusseldorf win 13/10 ,tonne on

Just as an addition to my last post, PP are also doing a money back special if only one leg of a five leg FA Cup BTTS accumulator lets you down...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just as an addition to my last post, PP are also doing a money back special if only one leg of a five leg FA Cup BTTS accumulator lets you down...

Poor offer...only 7 games and Leeds at Man C and Brentford at Chelsea are unlikely to score....will give it a miss myself

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Never said it wasn't buddy!

What did you mean by covering your Saturday night? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going with the following
    Cardiff/Barry Town @evns
    Yeovil/Grimsby @ just over evens
    Small stake on Dundee Utd dnb at Celtic 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

seanhynes wrote: »
    Only 1 bet interesting me today,don't know why bookies give decent odds on teams playing Greuther Furth still.. Fortuna Dusseldorf win 13/10 ,tonne on

They're @ 2.5 on william hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

seanhynes wrote: »

they only lost 5 of their 10 away games this season in the league could be dodgy but gonna follow hoping dussledorfs decent home record will take them over the line, adding in

Both teams to score; Ipswich v Blackpool
    Ipswich have scored in most their home games this year. Blackpool have scored in most their away games this year, scoring a goal at least in their last 10 away matches im convinced they can get at least one in Ipswich who have one of the worst defenses in the league

:D €40 Double pays €148 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Torres is apparently starting for Chelsea. I backed him as the earliest scorer of all the FA cup matches at 18/1..€5 is worth a punt I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

locoo wrote: »
    Torres is apparently starting for Chelsea. I backed him as the earliest scorer of all the FA cup matches at 18/1..€5 is worth a punt I think

Can't see it as Ba is cup tied for Thursday nights game as he was for last Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement