Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

telling lies about you

• 20-06-2019 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am wondering, why would a person hang around you and then tell lies about behind your back.
    Is there a word to describe this behavior? Or a description? I am lost. I am a victim of this kind of person.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

raher1 wrote: »
    Hi I am wondering, why would a person hang around you and then tell lies about behind your back. Is there a word to describe this behavior? Or a description? I am lost. I am a victim of this kind of person.
    Caution. Not a scientific source. See How to Survive a Character Assassination by Ryan Pannell in Huffpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

That's great advice. It took off some of the pressure.
    Fathom wrote: »
    Caution. Not a scientific source. See How to Survive a Character Assassination by Ryan Pannell in Huffpost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

raher1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am wondering, why would a person hang around you and then tell lies about behind your back.
    Is there a word to describe this behavior? Or a description? I am lost. I am a victim of this kind of person.

Have to ask. If you know that’s what they’re doing to you, why you don’t just cut them off completely and explain to anyone they’ve told those lies to how they lied and why you’re cutting them off. (Also warm them that if they’re lying about you they’re probably lying and backstabbing about them too)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Have to ask. If you know that’s what they’re doing to you, why you don’t just cut them off completely and explain to anyone they’ve told those lies to how they lied and why you’re cutting them off. (Also warm them that if they’re lying about you they’re probably lying and backstabbing about them too)

Life isn't always as linear and organised as that. And depending on the lies and who is being told, it can create more issues trying to explain than just ignoring it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

looksee wrote: »
    Life isn't always as linear and organised as that. And depending on the lies and who is being told, it can create more issues trying to explain than just ignoring it all.

I understand. I had a huge falling out with a great friend recently and he sees our gang and social group far more iften and did exactly the same to me and I have no recourse. In fact i won’t even bring it up cos it’ll look like me backbiting when I really just want a fair say.

The devious always win sadly.

I would make your pals aware and just cut that person off if I were you. Too late for me to take the advice but hope you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's the modern term, something similar to gaslighting...or something in that ballpark?

I was the last to leave and what I can gather it's going on a while. This individual was reported to the Garda twice.

What's the modern term, something similar to gaslighting...or something in that ballpark?
    Your close, it was that in the beginning but I broke free. It's now telling lies

I am thinking two face wanker to describe this person

Advertisement