Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The app FAQ seems to suggest you can't use two money-off vouchers in the same go but it worked for me today using the €1 off the ham and €2 off the entire shop.

Why is it not possible to combine some coupons with others in the same transaction?

ANSWER
    It is possible to use a number of coupons in the same purchase, except when it comes to monetary discounts.

For example, if you have a €0.50 discount coupon and a €5 coupon, you will not be able to combine the two sums by using them both in the same transaction. As such, whenever you try to activate coupons that cannot be combined, you will receive a notification indicating the reason for the error.

What’s the app for? Are they doing online shopping now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

melonstar wrote: »
    Used the app today. Got about €8 off the full bill.
    I can't seem to activate the scratch and win on the home page of the app. Any ideas?

There's an *ad* for scratch and win on the homepage but the scratch card is elsewhere, i think in Treats

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

melonstar wrote: »
    I can't seem to activate the scratch and win on the home page of the app. Any ideas?

Me neither.

The 'scratch and win' CTA in the main screen of the app doesn't do anything if I tap on it. What steps are people taking to access it? Just to know if this is an app problem or just something we're missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I made a large purchase today using new coupons and I scanned but I have no scratch and win afterwards, does it take a while to kick in?

• Advertisement

Snap...

You only get a s&w every 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

123654789 wrote: »
    You only get a s&w every 72 hours.

I've had the app 5 days but only used it today.
    Haven't seen the s&w at all...
    Thought it came through after using the card at the till...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

From a screenshot of the app:

Valid for 28days after registering with Lidl Plus

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Did you read the thread ?

Obviously I did not. It’s 17 pages long. Would have been as handy answer yes or no as it was to be smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I believe the prize is the same for all this week which is €2 off shopping

I have a Scratch & Win for an Alesto Fruit & Nut Snack Pot worth 59c.
    Oh well, not quite as valuable, but I like such things anyway and regularly buy nuts and dried fruit packs at Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I was in 3 Lidl's and could not for the life of me find the fruit and nut snacks. The ones they have at the tills were everything but fruit and nut and were 99c and not 59c like the fruit and nut is supposed to be.

The virtual scratch card is available every three days with every purchase and every card is a winner and can be found in the treats section and it’s instantly there after purchase
    Ive complied with all that, used my last scratchcard last Friday, made a large purchase today, scanned my card, no scratch card!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

shocksy wrote: »
    I was in 3 Lidl's and could not for the life of me find the fruit and nut snacks. The ones they have at the tills were everything but fruit and nut and were 99c and not 59c like the fruit and nut is supposed to be.

same here couldn't find the fruit and nut or the Chicken, I had them all activated on the app. I had the product numbers written down on my shopping list and had a good look in the fridges for the chicken but couldn't find it. I also had a good luck around the nut section for the fruit and nut pot but couldn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This app sounds like it's going to be a bit of a pain in the hoop at checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

blade1 wrote: »
    This app sounds like it's going to be a bit of a pain in the hoop at checkout.

Same as scanning any loyalty card at any other checkout

I’ve used it 6 times now and no problems at all at the checkout
    I was getting daggers.

I scan the app before the cashier starts scanning the shopping so nobody even notices tbh
    Yeah need to get the procedure right.
    When do u do the scratch card bit and collect winnings then?

shocksy wrote: »

Its the 99c one. It scanned at 99c then took 99c off.

Same as scanning any loyalty card at any other checkout
    It's a lot handier as all you have to scan is your loyalty QR code and whatever vouchers are applied automatically. No forgetting paper vouchers or fiddling with multiple things to scan or type in.

• Advertisement

123654789 wrote: »
    Its the 99c one. It scanned at 99c then took 99c off.
    And it doesn't have to be fruit & nut. It applies to everything with the same product code. I got the seed mix tub.

I used mine yesterday and got a free bar of milk chocolate with hazelnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If they give you an offer on pasta sauce it’s probably best to avoid it

https://twitter.com/dailymirror/status/1281341608143847429?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Used the app for the first time yesterday after setting it up earlier in the day. I had to scan 4 times for the 2 items I had ticked for activation for the clerk to say it worked this time and activation kicked in.
    However my digital-receipt or scratch card never showed up yet my 2 items were green ticked as activated.
    It was only later I realised what probably happened was that I didn't confirm my email address in Gmail to be fully activated. I didn't see the email as I had sync off on my phone's Gmail!. Since confirmed my email address but still no digital receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I used mine now three times and have found it very user friendly. The €5 off after €25 is probably only going to be done at the beginning and then maybe holiday times. Decent deals - got cook in the bag chicken for €2 something!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Activated the e5 off e25, scanned it at till. Cashier said it had already been used!
    No it was not
    It is still in my app with status 'activated', expiring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Is there any advantage to scanning when your not availing of a discount i.e does spending/shopping more equate to extra discounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Four chicken breasts for 2.69 in the app is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Get a virtual scratch card every 72 hours with a purchase

I didn’t get a second scratch card and I’ve been in store most days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

PopTarts wrote: »
    I didn’t get a second scratch card and I’ve been in store most days.

i think it shows only if you buy anything after 72 hours....i got a 2 eur off as i did txn after 4 days ...missus did not get anything as we bought the freebie straight away

Advertisement