Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting differently around your partner...

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Some of the best men I know freely use the word c**t. They don't mean any offence.

Me too!! All my friends say it all the time... lovely bunch of *****!
    I meant in general with Joe40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Some of the best men I know freely use the word c**t. They don't mean any offence.

Read once that C*nt relates to the Irish word Cuan, meaning harbour. Not to mention its possible etymological roots in Cu, or Cw, very feminine words.

It's a word probably overdue for reclamation.

http://www.matthewhunt.com/****/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Zorya wrote: »
    Read once that C*nt relates to the Irish word Cuan, meaning harbour. Not to mention its possible etymological roots in Cu, or Cw, very feminine words.

It's a word probably overdue for reclamation.

http://www.matthewhunt.com/****/

God I wish that guy was called Mike and not Matthew :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

God I wish that guy was called Mike and not Matthew :(

Don't be so vulgar! It's off to charm school with you missy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

As others have said, you wouldn't use it in a formal environment, do those close to you not deserve a similar level of respect.
    On the contrary, I respect them way more which is why I don't pretend to be someone I'm not around them. I'm not calling my partner a c*nt btw. I just use the word in general conversation as it's a great word. i.e "The cupboard's being a right aul c*nt coz it won't close properly", " Ah, my c*nting leap card is out of credit", " you should have seen what this c*nt on boards.ie is after saying.." etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Porklife wrote: »
    Pyr0, it's that exact question that got me thinking last night. I was thinking... If he was a fly on the wall right now watching me, would he still wanna be with me. Honest answer is, I don't think so. I think he'd still like me and I'm sure he'd find my stories funny and entertaining but I reckon he'd like his partner to be more demure. I think being ladylike and classy is sexier and more attractive than being a tomboy. I don't want my male friends to be attracted to me sexually so I'll act however I want and won't make an effort to be classy or sexy.
    I think he'd lose his attraction to me if he saw me acting so brass. I may be wrong, it's not like I'm a nun around him or completely different. I'm still me, just toned way down.

Apologies if this has been said already but, isn’t your partner the one person in your life who you should/can be your true self around? Isn’t that the point?

Advertisement