Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭blueythebear

keavebm wrote: »
    Beat up innocent people while the guards looked on. If u read this thread from the start you would know.

Any evidence of beating up? I don't see that on the video. I also don't see the security guys getting arrested for anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭christy c

Beat up innocent people while the guards looked on. If u read this thread from the start you would know.

Can't say I've read it all but have read the majority of the thread. Didn't see anyone beaten up on the video, saw a few people defying a court order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Net beginning to close.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭christy c

Do you mean people hired by the banks to carry out a legal eviction? You do know that people cannot stay forever in homes without paying for said home?

Exactly, I'm asking that poster what crimes the people hired by the banks committed- I didn't see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Firstly, your definition of 'beat up' is very different to many peoples. Nobody got beaten up apart from the security guards a few days after the eviction. Yes, people were manhandled out of the premises when they wouldn't leave peacefully. The necessary amount of force was used to remove them. I wouldn't consider what happened to be an excessive use of force and it certainly wasn't a 'beaten up' scenario.

Secondly, the people there weren't innocent. They were occupying property that was no longer theirs. Some of the people there didn't even live there at the time. They were in breach of a High Court order. They were trying to obstruct the sheriff from carrying out his normal lawful duties.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Exactly, I'm asking that poster what crimes the people hired by the banks committed- I didn't see any.

And you won’t because the eviction was properly carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

BattleCorp wrote:
    Firstly, your definition of 'beat up' is very different to many peoples. Nobody got beaten up apart from the security guards a few days after the eviction. Yes, people were manhandled out of the premises when they wouldn't leave peacefully. The necessary amount of force was used to remove them. I wouldn't consider what happened to be an excessive use of force and it certainly wasn't a 'beaten up' scenario.

Manhandled! People with blood and cuts on there face. Good old Ireland again. We didnt lay a finger on him we only manhandled him. So how do you explain the cuts and blood on his face? Plus the video that showed these thugs hitting another man. Manhandled me ****in hole

Manhandled! People with blood and cuts on there face. Good old Ireland again. We didnt lay a finger on him we only manhandled him. So how do you explain the cuts and blood on his face? Plus the video that showed these thugs hitting another man. Manhandled me ****in hole

Cuts and blood on his face because he was resisting and had to be restrained. Gardai on scene did not intervene as they clearly thought the force used was ok. You resist being removed from somewhere you're likely to be injured. Lets not forget he was resisting the sheriff in execution of a high court order.

There's nothing on the video that shows security guys hitting anyone. You're completely making that up

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cuts and blood on his face because he was resisting and had to be restrained. Gardai on scene did not intervene as they clearly thought the force used was ok. You resist being removed from somewhere you're likely to be injured. Lets not forget he was resisting the sheriff in execution of a high court order.

There's nothing on the video that shows security guys hitting anyone. You're completely making that up

I am still in shock from the picture of the awful injury that one of the people received. I have never seen anything so horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am still in shock from the picture of the awful injury that one of the people received. I have never seen anything so horrific.

The knee injury?

Must have taken at least 2 days to heal, not seen a booboo like that since my son fell off his skateboard back in 04

• Advertisement

The knee injury?

Must have taken at least 2 days to heal, not seen a booboo like that since my son fell off his skateboard back in 04

Yeah that was pretty bad. I can see that a sustained beating with baseball bats would be an appropriate response to his injury. He may have needed a plaster. Won't somebody think of his slightly scraped knee

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

One of the videos there is a man been struck by one of these people while another man in black is trying to block him recording

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

One of the videos there is a man been struck by one of these people while another man in black is trying to block him recording

Link to this please?

I've watched what was posted online and I didn't see anything of that nature.

But yeah, completely ignore the fact that bank/agency now own the property and the other people there were in breach of a High Court order and tried their best to obstruct the lawful activities of the sheriff.

How else do you get people to leave when they are illegally occupying someone else's property if they won't go peacefully? You need to use some level of force if they won't go of their own free will. You can't cuddle them out of the property.

The guards witnessed the eviction and they didn't intervene because they believed that the security company were acting within the remit of the law.

That is not shown in the video at all. If you want to say the time on the video that we see any of the protesters getting punched I'll happily accede that I'm wrong. But I have seen the video and there are no punches thrown other than some half asset ones by one of the protestors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Any videos of the Sunday morning incident...the one where people going about their lawful employment were attacked with baseball bats and their Dog brutally killed with an Axe.

archer22 wrote: »
    Any videos of the Sunday morning incident...the one where people going about their lawful employment were attacked with baseball bats and their Dog brutally killed with an Axe.

And the illegal burning of vehicles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

When it comes to arguments, if you’re lying you’re losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

When it comes to arguments, if you’re lying you’re losing.

Especially when you're lying about video evidence.

Another dude arrested now, this is ramping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Donegal man.

Jez, he went some distance to sort out those eviction guys!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Donegal man.

Jez, he went some distance to sort out those eviction guys!

Resistance don’t worry ‘bout distance,bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

as i see it, there was no resisting as it was a private security company carrying out the eviction. what happened would only be resisting if it was the gardai carrying out the eviction. if a hired goon manhandles someone then they are entitled to resist that as they are all civilians. only if one resists the gardai arresting them is there a problem.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

as i see it, there was no resisting as it was a private security company carrying out the eviction. what happened would only be resisting if it was the gardai carrying out the eviction. if a hired goo manhandles someone then they are entitled to resist that as they are all civilians. only if one resists the gardai arresting them is there a problem.

You are seeing it incorrectly.

If what you say is correct, then every bouncer in the country carries out illegal activities every weekend.

Also, it's not the Gardaí's job to carry out evictions for the bank/finance firms. It's perfectly legal to employ private security firms to do this function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

...if a hired goo manhandles someone...

Then it gets messy...

Then it gets messy...

It says “goo” not “poo”

as i see it, there was no resisting as it was a private security company carrying out the eviction. what happened would only be resisting if it was the gardai carrying out the eviction. if a hired goo manhandles someone then they are entitled to resist that as they are all civilians. only if one resists the gardai arresting them is there a problem.

You may see it that way but the law sees otherwise. Those excuses will not wash if you were to punch a bouncer ejecting you from a bar, for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

It says “goo” not “poo”

Maryanne ! ! !

I'd say you know more than your prayers.

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Apparently the doctors recommend a radical medial treatment whereby his Mummy had to kiss it better.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You are seeing it incorrectly.

If what you say is correct, then every bouncer in the country carries out illegal activities every weekend.

Also, it's not the Gardaí's job to carry out evictions for the bank/finance firms. It's perfectly legal to employ private security firms to do this function.

Nothing unusual there, Battle.

Advertisement