Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unusual commutes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Athlone to Naas daily.
    1h 30m each way with traffic.

If there was no traffic you'd do it un an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Strumms wrote: »
    I worked for a company who employed a guy who commuted from Roosky in Roscommon to Dublin City on a daily basis and back for work. 1 hour and 15 each way. He wasnt on that great money I’d imagine 33,000 so i often wondered how it was actually worth his while...

Ok property was cheaper by a ways but what he’d be spending on juice, the stress, boredom and impact of almost 12 hours a week driving on top of 40 hours very physical work.... I’d rather be struggling and paying a bit extra than having my energy and cash taken in that manner.

Doubt it was that short- it’s nearly two hours from Dublin on a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Northern Spain to London through Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

My neighbour used to work for a guy in Connecticut who worked for Oracle databases. He traveled via Concorde to London from New York, back the same evening to New York, Monday Wednesday and Friday. Thats over 20 years ago.

That’s pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Neames wrote: »
    Not paragliding.

But I worked with a guy who used to rollerskate to work.
    Here in Sydney you'd often see fellas in business suits in the city on skateboards, longboards or scooters getting around.

Many commute from the northern beaches down to the city via a 30min ferry.

The worst though are the poor souls who live up in the central coast and commute 2hrs each way on a train into/out of Sydney every day. No idea how they do it although most try do a bit of work on their laptops to make use of the time and minimise the hours having to be spent in the office.

The wife usually has to go Sydney-Melbourne a few days a month. Up at 4.45am, in airport at 6am for 7am flight (straight through security, no check in baggage). Arrive in Melbourne at 8.30, taxi into city to the Melbourne office branch, work/meetings until about 3.30, back to airport for 5pm flight back, arrive back in Sydney around 6.20, home before 7. It's a very long day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My neighbour used to work for a guy in Connecticut who worked for Oracle databases. He traveled via Concorde to London from New York, back the same evening to New York, Monday Wednesday and Friday. Thats over 20 years ago.

Love that.

Advertisement