Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mine says it's only at "received shipping information" stage from Poland. Probably won't have it until Monday
    Aye, I'm told Tuesday, kinda regret paying 9.99 now for speedy delivery when it sat in Szczecin, Poland over 24h before leaving! Departed there at 18:24 today.

Ah well, just a pity. I don't think DHL do Saturday deliveries anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

RangeR wrote: »
    You don't want to risk a fire but you want to skrimp on materials? Just buy it from 1+. And it's €50 direct + Postage.

Its the OnePlus 5 i have and just realized i was looking at the charger for the 7.

Ordered the 5 dash charger for €26.99 delivered.

50 euro plus delivery for the new one is silly money, even compared to apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

According to gsmarena the 7T comes in 256GB. Only 128 available on the site though, anyone know if the 256 will be for sale at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

sentient_6 wrote: »
    According to gsmarena the 7T comes in 256GB. Only 128 available on the site though, anyone know if the 256 will be for sale at any stage?

I think they are only speculating that one may be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

byte wrote: »
    Aye, I'm told Tuesday, kinda regret paying 9.99 now for speedy delivery when it sat in Szczecin, Poland over 24h before leaving! Departed there at 18:24 today.

Ah well, just a pity. I don't think DHL do Saturday deliveries anyway.

Mine was the same , then over night arrived in Dublin. Will probably have it Monday morning now

• Advertisement
    byte

Mine was the same , then over night arrived in Dublin. Will probably have it Monday morning now
    Yeah, mine arrived and left Dublin after 7:30 this morning. So I expect it'll be Monday too.

Now I'll need to arrange selling my existing phone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

So tomorrow is the big day for many of us. I believe there's a OnePlus switcher app on the Play store which allows us to transfer all apps and settings to the new device fairly easily.

Anyone got any experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes it's simple move from any Android to the one plus. It's called OnePlus Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Yes it's simple move from any Android to the one plus. It's called OnePlus Switch.

Mine is switching as we speak(From Samsung S8 ) , will update if there are any issues with the transfer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a OnePlus 7T - coming from the 5T and in need of an upgrade. What are people's thoughts so far, and what other similar device should be considered before buying?

• Advertisement

The Rog phone 2? It's got the 120hz screen, I definitely notice the difference going back to 90hz on the one plus 7 pro from the 120hz on the Razer 1&2.
    The Motorola Razr V4 is possibly going to be unvailed on the 14th of November, if it can do what I think it can basically cut the size of modern flagships in half I think it's worth waiting for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Does anyone think the 1080p res on the 7T is really going to make a notable difference in image quality compared the higher res phones that are the norm now~?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Android 10 update pending, anyone give it a go?

Android 10 update pending, anyone give it a go?

Installed it this time last month. I don't notice anything worth noting. It gets rid of that problem when your can't start the phone when it dies while it's charging if your rooted.
    It asks tons of security related questions in apps, was saying no then just gave up and have been agreeing to everything.
    The truth be known I preferred android 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭John mac

yea, downloaded it last night .
    havn't noticed much difference really, except dark theme.
    but then im not what you would call a power user.

Looking for some help here setting up a new 7T Pro.

I declined the Google option to set up the 7T Pro using a backup from my previous device (OnePlus 5) in favour of setting up via the OnePlus Switch app which worked seamlessly except for the fact it only installed about two thirds of the apps I had installed on the OnePlus 5 which is annoying.

I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and setting up from scratch again but this time via the Google backup option instead of the OnePlus Switch app.

Good/Bad idea? Anyone else had a similar experience? Anyone got any tips on how best to ensure a full and smooth setup which replicates as much as possible the OnePlus 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What do you want backups for, save files is it?

I always just start from scratch and download what I want.

What do you want backups for, save files is it?

I have over 200 apps and would like all of them plus launcher layout, WiFi passwords etc to be copied from my OP5 and installed on the 7T Pro. AFAIK that's what the OnePlus Switch app and/or the Google set up from backup option is supposed to achieve.

byte

Finally got mine today! Was dropped into work with no signature or anything!

Not be paying for speedier delivery for DHL again anyway.

So far, so good. It's a great phone and I'm happy with it.
    What's everyone using as a cover for it, other than the clear one that comes with it? I would like another Spigen (Neo Hybrid used on past 2 phones), though don't see any available for the T series yet.

byte wrote: »
    Finally got mine today! Was dropped into work with no signature or anything!

Not be paying for speedier delivery for DHL again anyway.

So far, so good. It's a great phone and I'm happy with it.
    What's everyone using as a cover for it, other than the clear one that comes with it? I would like another Spigen (Neo Hybrid used on past 2 phones), though don't see any available for the T series yet.

Likewise, upgraded from the 5 and the difference in both screen size and clarity is substantial. It's rapid fast, has tons of storage and the build quality is top notch. I was a bit worried I wouldn't like the curved sides to the screen but they are fine and after 24 hours I haven't noticed any accidental taps whilst holding it plus the in screen fingerprint sensor works way better than I expected it would, very few false negatives.

Right from the OnePlus One (which only cost £274!!) I've always used the OnePlus bumper cases and find them excellent. I also had s tempered glass screen protector on the OP5 and ordered one for the 7T Pro but the screen is sooooo nice I don't think I'll actually fit out when it arrives :-(

• Advertisement

So have the 7T Pro a few days now.

Screen and speed are amazing as is the fingerprint reader.

It's noticeably heavier than the 5 to the extent that I am not as confident or comfortable using it one handed but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

What I'm not very impressed with thus far albeit it's early days and things might improve with more charging cycles is the battery performance.

I initially thought the poor performance was a reflection of the fact I was using it a lot over the first couple of days setting things up with the screen on high brightness etc but today with fairly light use and the screen set to adaptive brightness etc I only got 13 hours out of 90% of the battery, see below.

It looks like Bluetooth and the Android System itself are absolutely hogging the battery using up 35% of the battery in that time.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I plan to give it the weekend and if I can't find a fix or it doesn't improve significantly I may just return it for a refund or new phone.

Battery1571945126.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

That Bluetooth use is huge, I've got a Galaxy Watch and pair of Sony Headphones running off Bluetooth and it's only used 3% in my battery stats.

What devices are you using on Bluetooth? Something there seems to be polling your phone an awful lot to take that much battery out, so that should be your first investigation.

devnull wrote: »
    That Bluetooth use is huge, I've got a Galaxy Watch and pair of Sony Headphones running off Bluetooth and it's only used 3% in my battery stats.

What devices are you using on Bluetooth? Something there seems to be polling your phone an awful lot to take that much battery out, so that should be your first investigation.

Thanks Devnull, my Bluetooth use is mainly my car and my work Lenovo laptop as I like to use the "Your Phone Companion" app from Microsoft which syncs the phone alerts, SMS and photos with my laptop so I can see phone alerts pop up on my laptop screen, send and receive text messages from my laptop and include photos taken with my phone in emails I'm sending from my laptop or in documents I'm working on on my laptop etc.

I guess that app and the dynamic lock option in Win 10 which uses a Bluetooth connection to your phone to lock your laptop once it loses connection to it are the likely Bluetooth culprits!!

I'll start by dropping the dynamic lock option as that's the least useful option Bluetooth is being used for.

One good thing to report. Warp speed charging got the phone from 10% to 100% in less than 1 hour. Pretty impressive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

54and56 wrote: »
    Thanks Devnull, my Bluetooth use is mainly my car and my work Lenovo laptop as I like to use the "Your Phone Companion" app from Microsoft which syncs the phone alerts, SMS and photos with my laptop so I can see phone alerts pop up on my laptop screen, send and receive text messages from my laptop and include photos taken with my phone in emails I'm sending from my laptop or in documents I'm working on on my laptop etc.

I guess that app and the dynamic lock option in Win 10 which uses a Bluetooth connection to your phone to lock your laptop once it loses connection to it are the likely Bluetooth culprits!!

I'll start by dropping the dynamic lock option as that's the least useful option Bluetooth is being used for.

One good thing to report. Warp speed charging got the phone from 10% to 100% in less than 1 hour. Pretty impressive!!

The phone companion app doesn't use Bluetooth to sync the info, it all happened over the internet.

I would guess having your phone connected to the laptop using Bluetooth for the dynamic lock is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

54and56 wrote:
    It looks like Bluetooth and the Android System itself are absolutely hogging the battery using up 35% of the battery in that time.

I've had this issue several times with previous phones (Inc OP3 & OP5T) and a factory reset and setting up the phone from scratch and re-downloading my apps manually solved it,

I investigated this in the past and believe it was on XDA someone posted the issue stems from backing up your phone from a previous one which carries over a setting that makes the new phone use up a lot of power from the Android System & Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

DanC90 wrote: »
    I've had this issue several times with previous phones (Inc OP3 & OP5T) and a factory reset and setting up the phone from scratch and re-downloading my apps manually solved it,

I investigated this in the past and believe it was on XDA someone posted the issue stems from backing up your phone from a previous one which carries over a setting that makes the new phone use up a lot of power from the Android System & Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dan, i actually ran through all the settings a couple of days ago, deleted my laptop Bluetooth connection and battery time has extended quite a bit.

I'll give it a few days then do a normal days test Wed/Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How do you people find Android 10 on it? Is it an improvement over 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    How do you people find Android 10 on it? Is it an improvement over 9?

2hwflx.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Haha. Dunno why it even was worded like that. You Android 10 people. :D

• Advertisement

DanC90 wrote: »

Hope this helps.

Deleting the Bluetooth devices which transferred across along with tweaking the settings seems to be doing the trick.

Screenshot201910272144121572212698.jpg

Advertisement