Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primavera Sound 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

i think sweetie meant early in 2020.

---

TBF, I think we're al being very realistic, but it's nice to hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Allegedly moving to 9th-11th September....

Ooph. Time to book those hostels again.

Lots in Barcelona already unavailable to book, seems more like they're just no accepting bookings at the moment though, rather than half the city being booked out already.

Parklife and Lovebox have moved to that weekend already, speculation that All Points East will be moving to a weekend around then too.

Lots in Barcelona already unavailable to book, seems more like they're just no accepting bookings at the moment though, rather than half the city being booked out already.

Parklife and Lovebox have moved to that weekend already, speculation that All Points East will be moving to a weekend around then too.

Just rebooked the same places I have for June.

Once confirmed I'll cancel June's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is there anything online about this?

I haven't found anything but I remember the pain trying to change bookings last year so I didn't want to risk it.

officially, no.

Some chatter on efests about it though, including one poster who seemingly knows someone at PS (and called the 2020 date move early), and another person whose friend runs a LiveNation festival and said the same.

the hotel opposite the site where lots of artists/staff stay is apparently booked out that whole weekend too.

Could be a different weekend in September, or maybe even late August/early October, but either way, it seems June isn't happening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

officially, no.

Some chatter on efests about it though, including one poster who seemingly knows someone at PS (and called the 2020 date move early), and another person whose friend runs a LiveNation festival and said the same.

the hotel opposite the site where lots of artists/staff stay is apparently booked out that whole weekend too.

Could be a different weekend in September, or maybe even late August/early October, but either way, it seems June isn't happening.

True. I suppose it is no harm to book somewhere with free cancellation on the off chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Really? I kinda suspected they might do this. I have my ticket for last year's one which is valid for 2021, but I've held off booking flights and accomodation because I thought maybe the usual end of May / start of June would be too soon for it this year, for the obvious reason. Haven't read through the thread, but what I can say is there is always accomodation to be had in Barcelona city centre even shortly before it. (I've been going for years).
    Must investigate this! I'd be happier if it was put back to September, hopefully this whole shít show will be behind us then and it'll be a brilliant buzz.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ballache. Had hopes for this.

Same.

I'll be holding onto the tickets anyway. The money is sunk now at this stage.

2022 is gonna be some summer.

I wonder will they still give us all the free stuff that they gave us for rolling over last year. e.g.

A credit of 10% of the value of your ticket to spend at Primavera Sound 2021.
    Exclusive 24-hour early bird 2022 presale.
    15% discount for a ticket for a friend for the 2021 edition.
    Exclusive edition of Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary book.
    A commemorative T-shirt for Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary.

It's not a deal breaker if they don't follow through with it, but it was a nice touch to reflect the fact that they're conscious that people are without the ticket price for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2CG0ZX
    Bad news for overseas visitors if they split the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Quite possibly the same lineup over two weekends, like Coachella? They’re gonna have a lot of holdover tickets now, if they do the same gigs twice, maybe it ensures that a tonne of people don’t lose out. (Already planted the seed of a week away should I be wrong though!!)

Lineup out on 25th May.

On the bottom at the end of the vid it says "Primavera 202x2", which could be an indication that the two weekend thing is true

https://twitter.com/Primavera_Sound/status/1392509935838285824

two weekends/11 days confirmed. Your ticket let's you choose one weekend or purchase upgrade to both

_________

PRIMAVERA ...ANNIVERSARY

Primavera Sound 2022 will run for two weekends in Barcelona and Sant Adrià de Besòs to celebrate its 20th anniversary
    May 21, 2021

Two years without Primavera Sound could only result in a Primavera Sound like no other. The twentieth anniversary of the Barcelona festival, after the enforced fallow due to the postponement of the 2020 and 2021 editions, will be the most important edition in its history. In tune with the expectations generated and the desire of the fans, Primavera Sound will multiply its duration in 2022: from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 12th June, over 400 artists will perform in an unprecedented lineup for an urban festival worldwide. This was announced this morning at a press conference by the festival directors Alberto Guijarro and Alfonso Lanza, accompanied by the mayor of Barcelona,Ada Colau.

There will be 11 days of uninterrupted concerts that will have their main days in the Parc del Fòrum during two weekends, from June 2nd to 4th and from June 9th to 11th, and that on Sunday, June 12th, will close with the Brunch -On The Beach party a real feast of live music. In between, from June 5th to 8th, a spectacular edition of Primavera a la Ciutat will spread over 150 concerts around different venues in Barcelona,while Primavera Pro will also strengthen its relevance as a strategic meeting point for the industry. Given the rumours and the curiosity provoked by the new festival logo, it should be clarified that the weekend lineups will be completely different from one another, except for some prominent artists who will play at both. We are proud to confirm that most of the artists of the 2021 edition will remain at the festival and will be joined by dozens and dozens of new names that will, as always, reflect the essence of contemporary music.

The challenge is enormous, but so is the exceptional nature of the situation: when confronted with a mortally wounded industry, the only way is a superlative response. In the face of two years with practically no work or revenue for artists and their teams, concert venues and all sectors directly or indirectly involved in live music, the largest edition of Primavera Sound ever seen.

At the same time, today we announce the creation of the Fundació Primavera Sound, which is born with the aim of bringing together all the corporate social responsibility actions that were already taking place in the festival to expand, focus and integrate them into the day-to-day life of Sant Adrià de Besòs and the neighbourhoods of Besòs i el Maresme and Diagonal Mar, where its headquarters will be located. It will be a space where music, education, social integration, feminism and sustainability meet and become the focus of the new institution, which has been created with an initial endowment of 200,000 euros.

But first, we must unveil the impressive lineup that will take us back to the Parc del Fòrum next year. Next Tuesday, May 25th, practically all the artists who will participate in the twentieth anniversary of Primavera Sound will be revealed. This week Antònia Font was the first band to be confirmed: the Mallorca band will reunite to perform at the festival after announcing their separation in 2013, now as the unequivocal reference of pop sung in Catalan. Their return was anticipated by one of the now traditional giant banners hanging in the centre of Barcelona, this time bearing the word “alegria!”. It was obvious that it was the Balearic group, just as it is obvious that the twentieth anniversary of Primavera Sound, that of the extended edition, that of the two weekends, that of anticipation, is going to be the one at which joy returns to live music.

TICKET INFORMATION

All tickets already purchased for the 2020 and 2021 editions will allow ticket holders to attend Primavera Sound 2022 Barcelona - Sant Adrià. The buyer must choose in the case of full festival tickets, between one of the two weekends, and it will also be possible to purchase an upgrade to be able to go to both weekends; in the case of day tickets, between one of the six main days at the Parc del Fòrum, regardless of which weekend.

According to them on twitter, the first weekend will basically be the 2021 lineup with some minor changes.
    The second weekend will mostly be a whole new lineup, with a few of the prominent acts playing both weekends.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

2 weeks in Barcelona. Didn't think I'd have to consider this...

• Advertisement

E2ORluZWQAcvu_a?format=jpg&name=large

I'm happy to stick with weekend one and a few days of the city gigs.

sweetie wrote: »

Same as I think.

Would love to see YYY again though. 195 for the extra ticket is a bit steep for that.

Main thing is, I will finally get to see Les Savy Fav for the first time since I saw them in some bar in Perth, WA in 2005 Crawdaddy in October 2007.

Jesus.

I have my ticket still for last year's Primavera. I got an email the other day, but only saw it today. Says I can choose which weekend to use the ticket for next year, but the deadline to do is by 11.59 tonight (May 31st)
    Just a heads up to anyone who still has the 2020 ticket that isn't aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

sweetie wrote: »

Bought Weekend 1 ticket, flights and accomdation to be organised, it's a year away so no panic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

1st Weekend is sold out.

I have a 2020 ticket, still valid for next year. They emailed me offering me the option of weekend 1 or 2. Chose weekend 1. They told me they would send me confirmation of my booking in the month of July. Still haven't heard anything. Anyone else who retained their 2020 ticket heard anything?

Do you have a copy of your Google form that you would have filled out?

---

Just logged into my Festicket account there.

Has this:

"Your order will be delivered by 27 May 2022. We'll upload your trip info here, and email you when we're done."

So I'd have a look at your account if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any 2022 thread for this? I cant see it.

Anyone going? accommodation is very pricey this year, we usually stay in Poblenou but thats looking unlikely this year, any recommendations for nice areas on a direct metro line to the forum?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

yes, heading this year, first weekend. Booked my accom last summer thankfully. Flights were dearer too but guess that's the way of the world now.

Advertisement