Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lemme check with the other half, as she likes my Tiso i4s

No problem.
    If I hadn't got Powerbeats Pro for myself, I would have kept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

If not gone I'd be interested.
    kceire wrote: »
    Guys,

Ordered these for the wife but they don't fit into her ears, even with the smallest bud cover on.

They are brand new and only turned on to check function.
    Worked perfectly with my iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro.

White in colour if anyone wants the for €15.
    Think they cost 22ish delivered.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html

raytaxi wrote: »
    If not gone I'd be interested.

Yeah still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

No problem.
    If I hadn't got Powerbeats Pro for myself, I would have kept them.

Wifey says no thanks. She prefers wired for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Have a pair of TWS i9000 Pros in black that i'm not too fond of if anyone is looking for them?! Only used for a minute to try out.

Send a PM if you are!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah still there.

I'd get them if that falls through.

My airdots didnt work and aliexpress wont refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I'll take them, you want to drop me a pm to sort it out.
    Yeah still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

brightkane wrote: »
    My replacement Anker Soundcore have the same issue. Today it happened walking down the steps at the train station and once walking to the train from work yesterday. They arent banging off anything. Its an internal pop as opposed to an external sound.

Either an issue or I have been very very unlucky

Just an update. This hasnt happened to me since. I wear them daily for the commute each way for an hour / 1.5 hrs and have had no pop since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How are folk finding the battery life on these? I'm getting nowhere near the 'up to 7 hours' from the earbuds and the case doesn't charge up the buds as many times as I'd have expected.

They sound excellent for a budget pair but I'd nearly say the battery life on the Tiso i5s is better. I might chance getting another pair and put it down to just getting a bad sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Ordered these for the wife but they don't fit into her ears, even with the smallest bud cover on.

I'd be curious if you find any to fit, I've small ears and have had trouble finding ones that fit, think I'm just going to have to go for something like this and have it held in place by the ear loop bit.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XG8L3CW/?coliid=IP3MAWIKHBKG4&colid=3JJGWQYVBQKVE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bose® SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones are on amazon Germnay for €119 in White or black
    That is a fantastic price for them. It's only an extra €1 for faster delivery. Brings it to €132.16 delivered.
    Slightly cheaper and faster delivery to use PW/PM etc.
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Bose%C2%AE%20SoundLink%20Around-Ear

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doingthedo

brightkane wrote: »
    Just an update. This hasnt happened to me since. I wear them daily for the commute each way for an hour / 1.5 hrs and have had no pop since.

Update on mine, have them for two odd weeks now. I haven't expereinced any pop. I even tried provoke it by jumping off a few kurbs on the way to work. The only time I heard something off was when I wore them over my hat on a cold day.I could hear a seashell sort of sound which I think was from the earcups not sealing right.

But... I have just returned from holiday. Long haul flight 12 hours both directions. These are unreal for flying, I won't fly without these again. I had them on the whole time, brought the aux lead to play some movies and slept in them too with just with ANC active an no sound. Amazing! So chuffed about them for what 45 quid? Oh and I didn't need to charge at all in that time. Bargain alert right here.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I'd be curious if you find any to fit, I've small ears and have had trouble finding ones that fit, think I'm just going to have to go for something like this and have it held in place by the ear loop bit.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XG8L3CW/?coliid=IP3MAWIKHBKG4&colid=3JJGWQYVBQKVE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

To be honest, the Apple ear buds for her ears perfectly.
    So I’m gona get her a pair or AirPods. Worse thing is, I only sold mine a few months back to buy the Powerbeats pro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Suckit wrote: »
    Bose® SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones are on amazon Germnay for €119 in White or black
    That is a fantastic price for them. It's only an extra €1 for faster delivery. Brings it to €132.16 delivered.
    Slightly cheaper and faster delivery to use PW/PM etc.
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Bose%C2%AE%20SoundLink%20Around-Ear

Just bought these. Been years since I've had Bose over ear, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Just bought these. Been years since I've had Bose over ear, can't wait

Thinking of getting a pair for running on the treadmill but would they be ruined quickly do ya think? Have the qc35 twos which I love but wont risk them with sweaty running.

zweton wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a pair for running on the treadmill but would they be ruined quickly do ya think? Have the qc35 twos which I love but wont risk them with sweaty running.

Funnily enough thats how I ruined my last pair and I wasn't going to bother till I seen 3 items down on that site you can get replacement earpads for them. Sorted.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Funnily enough thats how I ruined my last pair and I wasn't going to bother till I seen 3 items down on that site you can get replacement earpads for them. Sorted.

Yeah just noticed the replacements there actually, how long did it take for the first ones to go? If I got 6-12 mths out of a pair might not be so bad :-) Reason being the gym is quite small and speakers too loud to hear podcasts so def need the over ears.

Yeah just noticed the replacements there actually, how long did it take for the first ones to go? If I got 6-12 mths out of a pair might not be so bad :-) Reason being the gym is quite small and speakers too loud to hear podcasts so def need the over ears.

Ah definitely more than a year and if I'd known at the time sweat did that I'd have wiped them down properly after running and all that. Don't compromise on quality just cos of that and you've always the replacement earpads to fall back on. That's good sound for the money.

Ah ok a year is good, i have the qc35 2s but don't see any replacement pads for them. Also saw these but not sure what they are like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

Just saw these actually may do the trick to absorb the sweat :-)

https://earhugz.com/

Ah ok a year is good, i have the qc35 2s but don't see any replacement pads for them. Also saw these but not sure what they are like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

Just saw these actually may do the trick to absorb the sweat :-)

https://earhugz.com/

I had a pair of 40e cheapies and they definitely weren't as good quality sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I know there was a bit of a buzz around the Create Outlier Airs when they were released so a few of ye might have them.

I lost my charging case the other day, so for anyone that has moved on from the Outlier Airs and doesn't use them any more is anyone willing to sell their charging case to me?

Worth asking sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

JCDUB wrote: »
    I opened a dispute. They offered me a resolution, which I was not happy with. However the link in their email didn't work, and there was no way to contact them to tell them this.
    I tried their chat but it was a bot.

I did explain all this in an earlier post.

Anyway, my advice, avoid AliExpress and these headphones (Tiso i6) at all costs.

I had the same experience as you. I got a refund in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Which seller/store did you use?
    A 2nd Tiso store appeared on the thread early on, and that seems to be when the problems for many started. One seems decent to deal with and fast delivery, the other doesn't and isn't.
    Aliexpress will refund you anyway.

Not sure if anyone else had this issue. So today on my Tiso i4, the button cover on the left earbud slid off to one side. It was like the adhesive had softened and the button pad could be pushed about. I have reset the button pad, cleaned the adhesive residue from the sides and have left it to one side outside the case to see if it sticks.

I use the i4s every day in work for hours a day so they get plenty of wear.

Not sure if anyone else had this issue. So today on my Tiso i4, the button cover on the left earbud slid off to one side. It was like the adhesive had softened and the button pad could be pushed about. I have reset the button pad, cleaned the adhesive residue from the sides and have left it to one side outside the case to see if it sticks.

I use the i4s every day in work for hours a day so they get plenty of wear.

I had that happen early on but just slid it back into place. For €20 or so quality just won't be great from the Chinese on these sorts of things.

I had that happen early on but just slid it back into place. For €20 or so quality just won't be great from the Chinese on these sorts of things.

That's my thinking too. The touch controls on the later models would hopefully have better reliability but i'll keep using these until they fall apart.

How are folk finding the battery life on these? I'm getting nowhere near the 'up to 7 hours' from the earbuds and the case doesn't charge up the buds as many times as I'd have expected.

They sound excellent for a budget pair but I'd nearly say the battery life on the Tiso i5s is better. I might chance getting another pair and put it down to just getting a bad sample.

Tronsmart beat get about 6hrs at 50% volume.

glasso wrote: »
    Tronsmart beat get about 6hrs at 50% volume.

I'm not sure I'd be getting that, I must monitor it. How many recharges do you get from the case?

(Thanks for replying btw)

I'm not sure I'd be getting that, I must monitor it. How many recharges do you get from the case?

(Thanks for replying btw)

never let it go fully down.

you should get about 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Can someone recommend an alternative to the powerbeats pro (a cheaper version or Chinese version)? I've a lot of cauliflower ear so can't wear in ear headphones and don't want over/on ear ones for the gym.

I've got a pair of powerbeats 3 at the moment but the battery is shot.

Advertisement