Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Guys/Gals, Emo currently have some of the keenest prices for home heating fuel as of tonight. They also have a money-off offer which runs until midnight tomorrow (Sunday) Enter the Code NY10 when asked for Voucher. www.emo.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

Even with that code corrib oil are still 10e cheaper for 500l. Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

stevveyg wrote: »
    Even with that code corrib oil are still 10e cheaper for 500l. Thanks though!
    Not up my way Emo is 5e cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

In my area emo is a full €30.00 DEARER AFTER VOUCHER than local supplier on 500 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

blowin3 wrote: »
    Not up my way Emo is 5e cheaper.

And in my area Emo is €21.00 cheaper than Corrib.:)

For 500 litres these are the prices from the main distributors in the West.

Corrib - €265.00

Emo - €254.03. (€244.00 with code)

Tecoil €262.00

Top €278.98 (€266.48).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Same price for me at the mo as below for 500 ltrs. - thanks

Corrib - €265.00

Emo - €254.03. (€244.00 with code)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Emo is €275 for 500l in Galway with code. There is clearly cartel pricing going on around the country! Suppliers change their pricing to be in line with other local suppliers. There is no way that Emo should be €31 cheaper for 500l elsewhere in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

zarquon wrote: »
    Emo is €275 for 500l in Galway with code. There is clearly cartel pricing going on around the country! Suppliers change their pricing to be in line with other local suppliers. There is no way that Emo should be €31 cheaper for 500l elsewhere in the country.
    Here you go
    http://www.ccpc.ie/enforcement-mergers-enforcement-mergers-criminal-enforcement/members-home-heating-oil-cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Got a letter from Topoil this morning asking for €25 with their bank details included!!!! Which is what I got off with the promo code..computer error maybe???Will call them later to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

catgalway wrote: »
    Got a letter from Topoil this morning asking for €25 with their bank details included!!!! Which is what I got off with the promo code..computer error maybe???Will call them later to sort it out.

Same here!

• Advertisement

So called the Galway branch and sure enough it was a computer error :) I would recommend anyone else who gets the same letter to give them a call explaining you used a promo code and it should be sorted out for you within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I got the same letter, contacted customer service who asked me who quoted me originally? I said it was an online quote and she said she would have the charge wiped from my account. The outstanding charge for me was €42.59 not too sure how they came up with that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Its amazing the difference in fuel prices. I buy my oil in the North, its only a 10 minute drive for me. I fill an IBC and then have a small electric fuel pump which transfers it to my tank. For 500 litres of Home heating Oil its only €157 right now. The fact that all home heating related goods only have a 5% VAT rate in the UK is a big factor. So long as you do not transfer more than 1000 litres at a time, and you only use it yourself, then its 100% legal to bring your own fuel over the border. I even phoned the Revenue just to make sure and they confirmed its legal. An IBC isnt a legal container by the way, just so you know!

http://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/Heating-Oil-NI

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

zarquon wrote: »
    There is clearly cartel pricing going on around the country! Suppliers change their pricing to be in line with other local suppliers..

Your post does not describe a cartel and nothing illegal about it

Spotted this offer from Topoil on the back of my Dunnes Stores receipt today...
    €25 off 1000 litres ,
    Promo code TopOilGalway ,
    Ends 29/02/16 ,
    Freephone 1800 200 308
    Order on top.ie
    Galway only I'm guessing but you could add your own county and see if it works ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I would have thought, a driver and veichel would be required to have a permit to carry flammable liquids for transporting such a large volume?

Its amazing the difference in fuel prices. I buy my oil in the North, its only a 10 minute drive for me. I fill an IBC and then have a small electric fuel pump which transfers it to my tank. For 500 litres of Home heating Oil its only €157 right now. The fact that all home heating related goods only have a 5% VAT rate in the UK is a big factor. So long as you do not transfer more than 1000 litres at a time, and you only use it yourself, then its 100% legal to bring your own fuel over the border. I even phoned the Revenue just to make sure and they confirmed its legal. An IBC isnt a legal container by the way, just so you know!

http://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/Heating-Oil-NI

spongbob wrote: »
    I would have thought, a driver and veichel would be required to have a permit to carry flammable liquids for transporting such a large volume?

Having looked into this you can carry 500 litres without any licence.

Carriage of liquid fuels
    • Fuel contained in the tanks of a vehicle performing a transport operation and
    destined for its propulsion or for the operation of any of its equipment.; The
    fuel may be carried in fixed fuel tanks which are directly connected to the
    vehicle’s engine and/or auxiliary equipment and which comply with the
    pertinent legal provisions, or may be carried in portable fuel containers (such
    as jerricans). The total capacity of the fixed tanks must not exceed 1,500
    litres per transport unit and the capacity of a tank fitted to a trailer must not
    exceed 500 litres. A maximum of 60 litres per transport unit may be carried in
    portable fuel containers. These restrictions must not apply to vehicles
    operated by the emergency services;

Taken from http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Publications/Chemical_and_Hazardous_Substances/ADR_Carriage_of_Dangerous_Goods_by_Road_A_Guide_for_Business.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I was talking to a relative living over the boarder and he said the heating Oil they use is a clear colour oil with a tiny tint of yellow dye going through it. Unlike the red dyed kerosene we use down here

I wonder if that is the only difference in the 2. Or is either of them thinner than the other.

Last thing somebody wants to do is ruin the burner using a fuel that is not properly set up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,798 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got 600 litres yesterday for 240 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

spongbob wrote: »
    I was talking to a relative living over the boarder and he said the heating Oil they use is a clear colour oil with a tiny tint of yellow dye going through it. Unlike the red dyed kerosene we use down here

I wonder if that is the only difference in the 2. Or is either of them thinner than the other.

Last thing somebody wants to do is ruin the burner using a fuel that is not properly set up for.

its just a dye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Having looked into this you can carry 500 litres without any licence.

Carriage of liquid fuels
    • Fuel contained in the tanks of a vehicle performing a transport operation and
    destined for its propulsion or for the operation of any of its equipment.; The
    fuel may be carried in fixed fuel tanks which are directly connected to the
    vehicle’s engine and/or auxiliary equipment and which comply with the
    pertinent legal provisions, or may be carried in portable fuel containers (such
    as jerricans). The total capacity of the fixed tanks must not exceed 1,500
    litres per transport unit and the capacity of a tank fitted to a trailer must not
    exceed 500 litres. A maximum of 60 litres per transport unit may be carried in
    portable fuel containers. These restrictions must not apply to vehicles
    operated by the emergency services;

Taken from http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Publications/Chemical_and_Hazardous_Substances/ADR_Carriage_of_Dangerous_Goods_by_Road_A_Guide_for_Business.pdf

Reading that it appears to only apply to fuel being transported for use in only powering the engine of the vehicle transporting it not for use in home heating, another vehicle etc.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Reading that it appears to only apply to fuel being transported for use in only powering the engine of the vehicle transporting it not for use in home heating, another vehicle etc.

I kind of thought that myself actually. When I spoke to Revenue in Dundalk they told me I could bring 1000 litres for my own use, but I never thought to ask them about needing a special licence, and they never said anything about it.

I saw on some UK forums that anything up to 960 litres does not require a special licence or test, however the driver must understand the regulations, such as what to do in an emergency situation. Anything above 960 and a test is required.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Correct.

I live beside the border and all I'll say is that I (and most people locally) have a fair decent knowledge of what and what not is allowed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

muffler wrote: »
    Great deal muffler - is that via a country wide supplier-can you share or PM me pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

muffler wrote: »
    coxy123 wrote: »
    Great deal muffler - is that via a country wide supplier-can you share or PM me pls?

+1 can you reveal who/where the oil supplier is.

coxy123 wrote: »
    Im in Donegal and that was a local supplier. As I said I live close to the border so unless you're in Donegal a PM might not be of much use to you. But let me know anyhow if you are resident here in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I kind of thought that myself actually. When I spoke to Revenue in Dundalk they told me I could bring 1000 litres for my own use, but I never thought to ask them about needing a special licence, and they never said anything about it.

I saw on some UK forums that anything up to 960 litres does not require a special licence or test, however the driver must understand the regulations, such as what to do in an emergency situation. Anything above 960 and a test is required.

i would ring again if i were you. Northern irish kerosene is illegal in the south particulary given the fact that it has a different identifier then irish kerosene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

I'm a bit delayed in posting this due to the problems boards.ie has had this week with ddos attacks etc.

€15 off 500L with top oil, promo code TOPOILWEB
    Only valid till order made until 11:59pm Sunday 24th jan

I just ordered 500L kero for €220

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Hi pa990, can you tell me when you ordered online does this lock in the current price, or can it change to the price of oil on the day of delivery. As oil prices fluctuate on a daily basis.
    How many days does delivery take, as I'm considering topping up my tank but I will not be around the house during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

JackNow wrote: »
    Hi pa990, can you tell me when you ordered online does this lock in the current price, or can it change to the price of oil on the day of delivery. As oil prices fluctuate on a daily basis.
    How many days does delivery take, as I'm considering topping up my tank but I will not be around the house during the week.

Like any purchase if you pay for it you get that price. Contract complete. Offer, acceptance, consideration.

Advertisement