Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

sparrowcar wrote: »
    i5's or i4's out of stock?
    I just ordered i4's from Tiso store as the i5's I ordered never turned up so got a full refund.
    I actually ordered the i4's by accident instead of i5's, hope there's not too much difference.

Difference is minimal, basically the I4 has an open case with magnetic holding and the i5 has a lid close case. The buds themselves are pretty identical .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sparrowcar wrote: »
    i5's or i4's out of stock?
    I just ordered i4's from Tiso store as the i5's I ordered never turned up so got a full refund.
    I actually ordered the i4's by accident instead of i5's, hope there's not too much difference.

The i5's are out of stock. They offered me white ones which I didn't want and then have come back to offer me i4s and a pouch as apparently there are i6 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've relented and decided to take the white ones. They cost me just over €20 whereas now they are closer to €27. They really are only going to be for the office so feck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

Took a plunge on these Tronsmart ones as they have aptx, usb type-c charging, an integrated USB A charger and very good battery life for just under 23 euro delivered. They have capacitive touch controls and a 5 minute charge will give you 1 hours on the buds themselves. The name is pretty hilarious but I can get over that :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16314c4dMJ55Ar

Will let ye know how they are when they are delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I've relented and decided to take the white ones. They cost me just over €20 whereas now they are closer to €27. They really are only going to be for the office so feck it.

Same here. They didn’t give me a choice of color this time, which must mean they’re out of black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

€ 20,29 Updated i500 TWS Replica 1:1 Super battery 4h Wireless Bluetooth Earphone 5D Super Bass i500 tws
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EnJM6uHw

Are these any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

dowling06 wrote: »
    Took a plunge on these Tronsmart ones as they have aptx, usb type-c charging, an integrated USB A charger and very good battery life for just under 23 euro delivered. They have capacitive touch controls and a 5 minute charge will give you 1 hours on the buds themselves. The name is pretty hilarious but I can get over that :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16314c4dMJ55Ar

Will let ye know how they are when they are delivered.

I've a pair of these on the way as well, hopefully will see them sometime in Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

And again thank you BA for eating my money 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

sioda wrote: »
    Charging me €10 delivery???

• Advertisement

kaltz wrote: »
    Charging me €10 delivery???
    Odd was free for me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Odd was free for me
    Yep, free for me but seems to be a standard enough price from looking around online.

€3 cheaper here albeit with a bit more of a wait: https://m.gearbest.com/bluetooth-headphones/pp_3005093884427015.html?wid=2000001&lkid=64519973

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I got these from that link...was 21 all in but is sent from china anyway so...could have just ordered from ali etc

I like having the backup from Amazon tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

califano wrote: »
    Ordered I'5s on aliexpress on 30th Sept and have arrived in Ireland already which I wasn't expecting. Reckon it will take same time again to reach me!.

5 days only from Hong Kong to Ireland and 10 more from customs to home, arrived today. Could have done without that sweat, ill just do Parcel Motel next time I think.
    Absolutely brilliant product, self pairing and tap to pause/play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

How does Parcel Motel avoid customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭corkie

5 days only from Hong Kong to Ireland and 10 more from customs to home, arrived today. Could have done without that sweat, ill just do Parcel Motel next time I think.
    garo wrote: »
    How does Parcel Motel avoid customs?

It doesn't, but it bypasses AnPost holding pattern, of only sorting through cheap china mail when it suits them.

If Brexit comes around, I wonder what sort of effect it will have on PM, AP and DPD PW?

If there is custom checks on 'the Border' (sea or land) will it delay packages.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Thanks for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

So would you guys recommend the i5's over the airdots?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

jclack wrote: »
    So would you guys recommend the i5's over the airdots?

I have both ordered and should be here within the week. I'll let you know which I prefer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can order two pairs of Xiaomi Airdots for €26.30 (or use the coupons for i5's or many other things)
    You need to change your country to Russia and then stack the coupons. Get the coupons here - https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/gf/upr-bypass?wh_pid=price_falls_Phones_Accessories
    €2.70 discount on purchases over €27.60 and €7.37 on purchases of €73.60

And then back to your normal Country
    Link to Airdots - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002519231.html

Ogeaops.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just a headsup that these are being shipped from china. you may as well buy them from aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

Does an post tracking show they are in customs? Aliexpress say mine are in the country but haven't showed up on an post yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got the tiso t5 and the volume on the right one seems lower than left. Did a reset and same issue. Took a phone call and barely hear.

Are they fubar... Or at least the right one or am I just deaf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭corkie

Got the tiso t5 and the volume on the right one seems lower than left. Did a reset and same issue. Took a phone call and barely hear.

Are they fubar... Or at least the right one or am I just deaf

Try wearing them in the wrong ears. And see if it is still the same.
    If you find your getting better sound from it in your left, visit your doctor for an ear check and maybe getting them professionally cleaned out (syringed).

Other than above, check them with a different device or play with BT codecs.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

corkie wrote: »
    Try wearing them in the wrong ears. And see if it is still the same.
    If you find your getting better sound from it in your left, visit your doctor for an ear check and maybe getting them professionally cleaned out (syringed).

Other than above, check them with a different device or play with BT codecs.

Put L into right ear and definitely better sound so no syringe needed. On one plus 5 so not sure what bt codecs are available

Update

Changed codecs in settings and much better.. My deafness now will be because of Jack White and not the earphones :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Suckit wrote: »
    You can order two pairs of Xiaomi Airdots for €26.30 (or use the coupons for i5's or many other things)
    You need to change your country to Russia and then stack the coupons. Get the coupons here - https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/gf/upr-bypass?wh_pid=price_falls_Phones_Accessories
    €2.70 discount on purchases over €27.60 and €7.37 on purchases of €73.60

And then back to your normal Country
    Link to Airdots - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002519231.html

Ogeaops.jpg?1
    Damn, missed this!
    garion wrote: »
    I have both ordered and should be here within the week. I'll let you know which I prefer!
    I'd be interested too, like to see which is best. The i5 is back up to full price I see.

Also whats the difference with the Xiaomi and Redmi airdots?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They're both Xiaomi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Damn, missed this!
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000110060899.html

*Instant discount: € 0,92 off per € 1,83*
    They work out around €13.50
    I'd be interested too, like to see which is best. The i5 is back up to full price I see.

Redmi is a sub-brand of Xiaomi, separating from them at the start of the year. Most sellers still use the Xiaomi name as it's more recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Received the i5s today- two weeks after ordering. Have only had a quick go, but I’m very pleasantly surprised by the sound and fit. No work involved in pairing. Thanks to everyone who recommended.

Advertisement