Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on partner van

• 28-12-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Has anybody brought over a Peugeot Partner van from the UK recently? Im looking at bringing one over in March 2018 and want to know how much VRT is. The revenue website is a bit of a minefield.One part says its €200 for a commercial vehicle, another part says is 13.3% of the value of the vehicle.Any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€200 as it’s an n1 type vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 10Dec

Thanks colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yep its 200.
    Great value in them vans from uk to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Brought a berlingo in last October. €200 quid and very little in the way of paperwork. Great value compared to some of the vans for sale down here.

Any suggestions on what insurance to use when bringing it from the uk to home? Ive tried temporary insurance companies but they dont insure for vans for export !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

10Dec wrote: »
    Any suggestions on what insurance to use when bringing it from the uk to home? Ive tried temporary insurance companies but they dont insure for vans for export !!

Do you currently have a policy here? Or why not arrange your permanent policy before you leave if you are taking out a new policy?

mickdw wrote:
    Do you currently have a policy here? Or why not arrange your permanent policy before you leave if you are taking out a new policy?

I dont have a policy at home.im still living in the uk and im planning on bringing the van home with me in March.ill try the insurance companies at home.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Similar topic but a different Van. How is the VRT calculated on a VW crafter CR35. ALLOY BODY DROPSIDE. On vrt only listing as a 5 door van. Or any flatbed van dervired ,Thanks for advice in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭imogen

Just wanted to bump this thread as I'm looking for an older but low mileage Partner, and there are way more available in the UK than here...

Does anyone know the story regarding why almost all vans except Caddies stopped having glazed rear doors around 2012? I think it is way safer to be able to see out the back too (I've had 3 Partners of different ages over the years).

I tried to get Peugeot dealers to give me a rough idea of cost to replace the blank doors with glazed ones but the sales guys are obsessed with trying to sell you a new one, they just can't understand "nope, do not have that money..." so I haven't been able to find out can you have glazing put back in...

Has there perhaps been a change in the law regarding what is classified as an N1 with VRT of €200 perhaps? Are N1s only blank doors not glazed?

Thanks for any advice.

Imogen

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nah, it’s probably down to cost and what the leasing companies chose. Unglazed doors are way better from a security point of view.

It’s a pretty easy DIY job to fit them. You just cut a hole out in the door (doesn’t have to be 100% accurate) and the glass sticks onto the door itself.

Here is a uk company that do supply only or supply and fit.
    https://www.vanwindowsdirect.co.uk/category/408/CITROEN-BERLINGO-2009-ON

Any company here that builds campervans would be able to supply and fit windows for you.

Another way would be to source a pair of glazed doors in the same colour from a scrapyard and swap them over.

Doesn’t affect the VRT by the way. Only side windows affect that.

Another option would be to fit a reversing camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭imogen

Thanks Colm, good to know. Of course you'd need a rear view mirror to get the safety improvement but I'm sure that's minor and easy to sort...

Surprisingly few second hand Partners and Berlingos on Autotrader.co.uk these days though, it will obviously take a little while to find one. Does anyone have any recommendations for second hand van dealers in UK/NI? When we're in UK, location-wise, it's usually around the south-east or Dorset/Bristol/Cheltenham for work.

Appreciate any info!

Imogen

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Neil71

Van monster are good - they’re the reselling division of Northgate leasing/ rental.
    Locations all over the Uk
    Just bought a Peugout partner from them, good spec, mileage and price + 6 x month warranty. They will deliver up to Birkenhead depot (nearest to Holyhead ) for £150. Great to deal with.
    Only cost me €175 for 2 flights to Liverpool via Ryanair - and ferry back via Stena with the van for myself and my daughter.
    In@8am and out via Holyhead @2pm same day, saved about €2000 on irish dealers.
    Happy days!

Advertisement