Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Invitations on Ancestry

• 01-01-2018 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

A couple of times I was told I had been invited to view private family trees by distant cousins. I have no notification of this on my account and nothing has come in on my emails. If I just have an Ancestry.co.uk account does that bar me from any invitations being sent from Ancestry.com subscribers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gloraghgirl

This has happened to me a few times as well..i am on Ancestry Uk but a lot of my DNA matches are using Ancestry dot Com
    I have sent invitations to my tree with my email and user name and some said they could not find my tree that way!? or did not get the invite/
    if you go to your ancestry account and go to Trees than at the bottom it says Create and Manage Trees.click on that than you will see My Tree's and Tree's shared with Me..click on that and you should see a little list of Tree's that have been shared with you or that you have been invited to.hope this helps
    carla

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boscod

This has happened to me also with invites I've sent and have not been accepted. It appears to happen when you use the Ancestry user ID to send, however if you can get hold of the e-mail address the 3rd party uses with their Ancestry account and send using that it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Earnest

I was given access to someone else's family tree (same surname of interest, no traced relationship) and it came up in the drop-down menu under "TREES". it's gone now, so I assume he thought better of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for all the advice, will check it out again.

Advertisement