Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy and Baby Freebies and Discounts

• 23-08-2009 3:51pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this belongs in the Parenting parent forum or not...

I've been signing up to various pregnancy and parenting online clubs for vouchers, freebies and offers, been trying out some UK ones to see if I can get anything.

Irish Sites:
    Pampers Club - Irish Site, sends out coupons
    Cow and Gate - As above
    Tesco Baby Club - Vouchers and Magazines
    EU Mom - The one they give you at your first hospital booking appointment, also available online. Lots of free stuff and Information.

UK Sites that Let me Sign Up:
    Bounty Club - A UK site, think you can get the pregnancy pack if you bring your voucher to a NI Boots or Asda. Will let you know once I get the voucher
    Boots Parenting Club - Can only find this on their UK site but lets you sign up for Non-UK so we'll see what comes of it.
    Johnson's Baby Naturals Free Sample - It says UK and NI only but you can choose Republic so we'll see.

UK Sites I had no luck with (maybe someone else can figure a way!)
    Emma's Diary
    Hipp Baby Club

Anyone else found anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The bounty pack voucher gets given to new mothers as part of the info pack when they have had thier baby in the maternity hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Dunno if this belongs in the Parenting parent forum or not...

I've been signing up to various pregnancy and parenting online clubs for vouchers, freebies and offers, been trying out some UK ones to see if I can get anything.

Irish Sites:
    Pampers Club - Irish Site, sends out coupons
    Cow and Gate - As above
    Tesco Baby Club - Vouchers and Magazines
    EU Mom - The one they give you at your first hospital booking appointment, also available online. Lots of free stuff and Information.

UK Sites that Let me Sign Up:
    Bounty Club - A UK site, think you can get the pregnancy pack if you bring your voucher to a NI Boots or Asda. Will let you know once I get the voucher
    Boots Parenting Club - Can only find this on their UK site but lets you sign up for Non-UK so we'll see what comes of it.
    Johnson's Baby Naturals Free Sample - It says UK and NI only but you can choose Republic so we'll see.

UK Sites I had no luck with (maybe someone else can figure a way!)
    Emma's Diary
    Hipp Baby Club

Anyone else found anything?

how did you work around the Postcode requirement for Boots registration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The bounty pack voucher gets given to new mothers as part of the info pack when they have had thier baby in the maternity hospitals.

Don't think they do that anymore... or you have to ask... as I didn't get one in December. When the girls in PixiFoto asked did I get the voucher from the hospital they were a bit shocked as all new mothers are supposed to get them...

ebmma wrote: »
    how did you work around the Postcode requirement for Boots registration?

Can't remember if I used 000000 or the Belfast postcode (google)

Got a nice mag from them and get emails, not much good to me as they're all UK discounts.

Hope I get a pixie photo voucher in the hospital!

• Advertisement

Can't remember if I used 000000 or the Belfast postcode (google)

Got a nice mag from them and get emails, not much good to me as they're all UK discounts.

Hope I get a pixie photo voucher in the hospital!

do boots send you any samples at all or just vouchers? On 2nd thought, I'm going to Belfast anyway, so UK coupons might be useful :)

still waiting on EUmom pack, hpefully they haven't forgotten me :D

Ask at your next hospital appointment for the voucher you need to get the box. You just need to bring it to a participating chemist for the pregnancy box. You should be given the new baby pack when you're in giving birth.

Ask at your next hospital appointment for the voucher you need to get the box. You just need to bring it to a participating chemist for the pregnancy box. You should be given the new baby pack when you're in giving birth.

I have registered on the website, do I still need to ask for the voucher?

Think so, I got my voucher before registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Just to let ye know, there's no chemists in Kilkenny giving out the eumom packs :( Waterford is the nearest place to collect it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

Thanks for sharing those sites the coupons will come in handy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

If you go to the mothercare info night (they are held once a month in all mothercare shops) they give you a pack with various stuff including a 10% discount card which can be used ten times - but if you but five things in one go its only counted as one time iykwim. Got loads with it and still have five times left. if your buying big things from mothercare its a godsend, I got over 40 euros off my buggy with it.
    Plus the info night is worth going to all well and its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Just to let ye know, there's no chemists in Kilkenny giving out the eumom packs :( Waterford is the nearest place to collect it

I tried and failed to get it in a few places in Cork too although they were on the official list. One pharmacist told me they'd given up on it because Eumom were charging them to provide the service and it wasn't worth their while.

Also, most baby food related freebies are basically encouraging rather junky food habits (by my uberhippy standards anyways) - there's no such thing as a free lunch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

i got my eumom gift box and was delighted! full of loads of samples of things which is very handy. my first time ever seeing a breastpad too :D

Free breastpads?? I should really go and collect my box too!

lol yeah a pack of two!
    also in it tehre was a weeks supply of pregnacare, some iron samples, small bottles of cif and baby oil, sudocreme, a soother and a pampers pack with a teeny newborn nappy :)

The newborn nappy made me weep when I saw it, it's teensy.

*sniff*

i bought socks the other day and my mum was over last night and she broke down when she saw them. feckin wuss :D guess who is looking forward to their first grandchild!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

lol yeah a pack of two!
    also in it tehre was a weeks supply of pregnacare, some iron samples, small bottles of cif and baby oil, sudocreme, a soother and a pampers pack with a teeny newborn nappy :)

Lol, I'm putting together bits and pieces for the hospital bag atm. We bought a pack of newborn nappies and I was amazed at how tiny they are compared to the ones my 3 year old still has at night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement