Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Part-Time Learning are you doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

I am doing year long Diploma in Marketing, PR, Advertising & Sales. This is awarded by ICM, recognised body and am doing it in Dublin Business school

Hi torresistheman - i was thinkin of doing this course (as well as a few others - cant make a decision about what course to do) - how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bycikas

Forensic Psychology - Independent Colleges ;) part-time diploma course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kristel.a

I did online studies of six sigma black belt. I really enjoyed it because ive got great support from tutor and very useful knowledge. it was worth of money i spend for it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Crisps

I'm begining a part-time masters in Assistive Technology in DIT in September. I'm a little bit anxious about juggling my full time job with the part-time masters. My job really demands alot of hours from me. But hopefully it'll be ok. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm in the same boat Crisps. I'm starting a two year part time grad dip in translation and editing, and I have a hectic full time job. Here's to hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Exact same here guys. Working full-time job also very busy, while doing Masters in Management (UCD Smurfit Business School) also.... it means a lot of juggling, studying late into night... you just do what you have to do but sacrifices must be made. The time flies thought, we'll get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

kristel.a wrote: »
    I did online studies of six sigma black belt. I really enjoyed it because ive got great support from tutor and very useful knowledge. it was worth of money i spend for it

Hi..
    where did you do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neadycodd

I've just finished two years of studying to be an Accounting Technician - thought I would never get there, but can't wait for graduation! Now I find myself going on to do Certified Public Accountant - once you start you just can't stop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

neadycodd wrote: »
    I've just finished two years of studying to be an Accounting Technician - thought I would never get there, but can't wait for graduation! Now I find myself going on to do Certified Public Accountant - once you start you just can't stop! :)

Well done!! Ive just started the Accounting Technician one!! Good luck with the CPA course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cjmurphs

im bit of a course addict at mo...in bid for career of dreams! did the icm marketing, pr, sales, advertising diploma at CMI n finished earlier this year. following on from that doing digital marketing course at digital marketing institute...not heard much bout them before! enjoyed one at cmi now ready for more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

About to start a part-time BSc in Information Technology in DIT. Can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it despite how ridiculously busy my life's about to become. Oh well, I seem to get nothing done unless I'm under pressure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wild heather

Starting a Masters in Environmental Toxicology & Pollution Monitoring from University of Ulster next week. By distance elearning, it should be interesting to find out how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I'm just about to start the PT, BA in Psychology in DBS. I'm so scared at facing into 4 years + of studying but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in the end.
    Are any of the posters who mentioned studying the same course still posting here??? How do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

doing this course at home PT:
    http://www.asdan.org.uk/Award_Programmes/Towards_Independence
    we have an inhouse tutor [am living in a residential home for people with severe or profound autism].
    had had a say in the modules as its all tailored to a persons likes,strengths and difficulties.

HiGlo wrote: »
    I'm just about to start the PT, BA in Psychology in DBS. I'm so scared at facing into 4 years + of studying but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in the end.
    Are any of the posters who mentioned studying the same course still posting here??? How do you find it?
    is BA degree level or masters?
    the sister did her pyschology degree full time but never even got any junior level job with it,she ended up changing her plans and becoming a councilor/therapist instead in drug addiction,and she said it was her previous job in working with supporting people with severe mental illness and addictions that got her that job not the degree.
    honestly thought what was the point in getting into debt for something she isnt even able to make use of?

she coudnt afford to do the masters,so if it that which are doing,is it definitely something that want to be paying out for-is there going to be the payback for it,and will there be jobs at the end of it?

part time is probably a better decision,in terms of money as will be able to get money that way to whether through job or benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1983JO

Starting a Web development course after christmas night time cant wait in Harcourt Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Techyo

Hi i am going starting the advanced certificate in Management with CMIT, looking forward to starting it and get into routine of studying again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JiveTurkey

Im starting my ACCA course in finance. Should be a doddle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

im trying to begin studying acca frm the start and work is busy and must get my head together

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

doing my Ph.D. - it's driving me bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pjmn

AITI Tax Exams - seemed like a good idea at the time....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Maggiecrowley

Techyo wrote: »
    Hi i am going starting the advanced certificate in Management with CMIT, looking forward to starting it and get into routine of studying again!
    Hi I'm considering doing an admin course with CMIT. How do you find studying with them? Are their courses recognised by employers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Undergraduate degree in Economics with University of London/London School of Economics. Starting next month, but prepping now and ordering stuff off Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

I'm studying Postgraduate Diploma in Internet Marketing - Distance Learning with Fitzwilliam Institute, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Roxylocks

Im just about to start my first year in Nutritional Therapy at IINH. Cant wait to start but super nervous at the same time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just started a PT MSC in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing in ITT. Tough so far trying to juggle a new job and the course load.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just finished a PT MBA. Only advice I would give you is get organised. You'll be great at project management at the end of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

godtabh wrote: »
    Just finished a PT MBA. Only advice I would give you is get organised. You'll be great at project management at the end of it

Thanks Godtabh. Really want to get it done and the good thing is that I seem to be taking up what they are putting down with ease but the coursework/load is pretty intense so I will struggle with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Degree in languages (French and German) with ou.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Golfthris

I'm doing SRT Therapy, spiritual response therapy. Really enjoying it and working with clients for the past 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jennystarbar

Hi i am just wondering has anyone done the special needs fetac 6 on chevron. Is it hard? I have my fetac 5. Really want to do my level 6. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement