Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Tipster competition

Options
  • 25-02-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Is this something lads might be interested in doing on here?
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    Personally i would join one on here but would not have to time to run it during Cheltenham week so if anybody wants to step up and be the hero that would be great!
    Should we run one for fun? Maybe one for cash like on the Fantasy Football thread?
    Maybe Boards would sponsor a prize?!!
    I would offer up two tickets for Clonmel Races as a prize! Wow , i know!!
    Anyway what ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

There is always a good compo on not606, the fatjockey lads v the good folk of not606, 1k betting bank a day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Everybody starts off with 100 pionts for the week.

Have a cut off time before the racing starts.

Son Tuesday for example you could pick one for each race win only. With your 100 points.

With prices to save confusion only got by starting price.

Winnings at the end of the day are added to you 100.

Whoever has the most after the week is the boards.ie champion tipster for the year. I'm sure boards would let us register an account with that name to be used for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nearly sure someone on here has a website and runs the competitions, Nulty maybe?

Found an old thread from 5 years ago, seems his tipzer website is gone.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057335566

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Could have swore someone mentioned the Daily Telegraph comp on here! Can't see it now though.That is 1 i always enter. Once its up and running i'll set up a league , throw the code up here and whoever wants can join then.
    Not looking like anyone wants to take on running one......

Looks like it's set up to go already :
    https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/

• Advertisement

League set up :
    https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/cheltenham/leagues/view/8194940?joined
    League Pin : 8194940
    League Passcode : 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

I’m in

In

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

I’m in

• Advertisement

A little bump......
    Currently 8 entries in the Telegraph Fantasy Racing competition.
    Doesn't seem to be gaining numbers as quickly as a certain virus!

Details again :
    League set up :
    https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.u...8194940?joined

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

I'm in

How to play :
    The Cheltenham Festival, one of racing's greatest events, takes place from March 10 to 13, and you can add to the excitement with the Telegraph's FREE TO PLAY Fantasy Cheltenham game for the chance to win a £2,000 first prize.

Become a Fantasy Owner by selecting your stable of jockeys and trainers and then picking a single horse in each of the 28 Festival races.

The three jockeys and three trainers that you choose score points for you every time they have a winner or placed horse in each of the Festival's 28 races and double points for the Cheltenham Gold Cup (3.30pm on Friday).

You'll also start with 28 betting 'credits', one to use in each race throughout the four day festival. You will score additional points every time your chosen horse wins or is placed in a race.

The aim of the game is to score the highest number of points in order to win the first prize of £2,000.

Register your free entry now. You can make changes to your stable of jockeys and trainers up to the scheduled start time of the first race of the Festival (1.30pm on Tuesday, March 10). You can make your race selections right up to the scheduled start time of each race.

Create a stable of three jockeys and three trainers from the selection list. Each jockey has been rated from 1-20 and each trainer from 1-20.

The combined rating of your three jockeys must add up to at least 26.

The combined rating of your three trainers must add up to at least 26.

As the runners for each race are announced, you can start to use your betting credits to select a horse in as many of the Festival's 28 races as you wish.

Up to 12 entries now.
    In this competition you can pick 3 stables. Please enter only 1 of these stables in the Boards Racing League.
    Anyone wlling to donate a prize?! I will put up 2 tickets to any Clonmel race meeting this year!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

maximo31 wrote: »
    Up to 12 entries now.
    In this competition you can pick 3 stables. Please enter only 1 of these stables in the Boards Racing League.
    Anyone wlling to donate a prize?! I will put up 2 tickets to any Clonmel race meeting this year!!

Is it in the Bel Tel or the UK Telegraph?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Is it in the Bel Tel or the UK Telegraph?

UK.
    link on 1st page.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

I'm in

Gentle reminder to sign up to see who is the best tipster on Boards!!
    Link on first page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Every time i try to do it it msays invalid log in ,i tried it with 2 different emails so just gave up.

Who's this second Gavin on this forum!! Fraud! :D

• Advertisement

Up to 17 entries now. Keep it going lads and lassies. Who knows , maybe a Boardsie could go on and win the whole thing outright!!
    Prizes :
    The Champion
    The owner of the highest-scoring Fantasy Cheltenham Stable at the end of the Festival will win the first prize of £2,000 cash

Runners up
    The stable owners finishing in 2nd-10th will also receive a cash prize;

2nd: £250
    3rd: £150
    4th: £125
    5th: £100
    6th: £75
    7th-10th £50
    League of leagues
    The league with the highest average score at the end of the Festival will win £100.

Twitter League Prize
    The Owner whose stable tops the Twitter public league at the end of the Festival will receive £100.

To join the Twitter League, just hit the Join League button on the Leagues page and follow the Twitter League option.

Come on folks , get signed up. Only hours left to enter. Chance of winning some decent prizes in the official comp and more importantly the bragging rights of being the top tipster on Boards! A chance to put Slattsy back in his box!! ;-P

https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/cheltenham/main

Horses picked for Day 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Who's this second Gavin on this forum!! Fraud! :D

Side bet if you beat me I'll change it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

im in

24 on board now!! 4 hours 20 minutes left to sign up. Do it!

Side bet if you beat me I'll change it haha

Deal!! "Justin" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just joined there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 tonymantana

I’m in

Advertisement