Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tablet 9.7 High Res Retina screen - 150 delivered

Comments

Yeah, the reason I bought it was because it had SIM slots.

just a query why would you want the expense of a second sim card plan / prepay in Ireland when you can share a connection from your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

glasso wrote: »
    just a query why would you want the expense of a second sim card plan / prepay in Ireland when you can share a connection from your phone?

I wouldn't get a second SIM, I don't use my personal phone for calls or texts I only use it for data, I use my work phone for calls/texts.

well it's weird that it doesn't pick up the sim - if you wish to return it as that doesn't work you could.

most people won't be using that feature but it is an advertised feature of the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I ordered this and received confirmation of the order on Saturday. Since then I have heard nothing. Should I be worried?

Kalyke wrote: »
    I ordered this and received confirmation of the order on Saturday. Since then I have heard nothing. Should I be worried?

should be alright - you should get a tracking number email soon.

they don't seem to work over w/end in the European warehouses so not surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Think I'll go for the Samsung Tab A 10.1 over this I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

upinsmoke wrote: »

It hasn't been in stock for the last few days so you may have no other option.

upinsmoke wrote: »

only 2gb ram (3gb is min these days really) and a cpu less than 1/2 the power of the x27 - not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

2gb ram and a puny cpu - not sure about that.

It's fairly old alright. I'd spend the extra €50 and get the Tab A 10.5 over it. Added bonus that it can use the Tab S4 keyboard case.

https://www.komplett.ie/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-5-wifi-2018-zwart/80051745/product?channable=e38727.ODAwNTE3NDU&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkIzlBRDzARIsABgXqV8DqhSD5WUtT_khRv-tkr5bhaNuzGM1JMmWIuFbC3OIo1bVPwBXEpoaAu46EALw_wcB

should be alright - you should get a tracking number email soon.

they don't seem to work over w/end in the European warehouses so not surprising.
    Got a tracking number email....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭6541

Ryath wrote: »

It's an extra 100 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PCDub

Still waiting on mine, hasn't moved from Germany in a week according to tracking.

PCDub wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine, hasn't moved from Germany in a week according to tracking.

that's strange. maybe follow up with the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Anyone find a case for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Still waiting here also. In Germany since friday.
    Seen a couple of generic ones but nothing specific yet........

Well mine is officially lost. Dhl handed it off to An Post who then delivered it to god knows where and in typical an post fashion its a black hole with no means of contact.. Will contact Geekbuying and then try get refund through paypal.

An Post delivered mine today.

Looked like someone sat on the box but the tablet was fine inside.

Very nice for the money. Screen is great and its very fast and responsive.

Maybe a little overkill for eBook reading but it handles big PDF manuals and magazines with ease.

Only had it a day but no issues yet :)

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Does SIM Card work in it?

Well mine is officially lost. Dhl handed it off to An Post who then delivered it to god knows where and in typical an post fashion its a black hole with no means of contact.. Will contact Geekbuying and then try get refund through paypal.

that's strange and unfortunate.

what warehouse did you order through? the Poland one where I ordered from originally had dpd direct-to-door.

• Advertisement

I tried with the one that I purchased for a family member and it didn't pick up the sim card.

so that's 3 reports of the sim functionality not working. I wonder if it's disabled or something.

that's strange and unfortunate.

what warehouse did you order through? the Poland one where I ordered from originally had dpd direct-to-door.

Poland warehouse was out of stock so ordered from Spain. Have ordered from Poland before and no problems. Have emailed An Post and dhl, dhl responded with a not our problem reply and typically An Post are silent. Have opened a paypal claim.

Poland warehouse was out of stock so ordered from Spain. Have ordered from Poland before and no problems. Have emailed An Post and dhl, dhl responded with a not our problem reply and typically An Post are silent. Have opened a paypal claim.

Maybe someone in an post fancied a new tablet!

Eir sim nope and will try a lycamobile once im home...

Misty

SIM not working for me either... Found the below in a techtablets review.

Just when you thought the Chinese 9.7-inch retina tablets where all but gone and dead. Voyo is back with one and this is still a decent screen, the 9.7″ 4:3 ratio 1536 x 2048 “retina” screen. It looks to be fully laminated with 2.5D glass in a thin 8.5mm shell. The tablet is called the Voyo i8 and is powered by now all too common Chinese tablet/mobile chipset the Helio X27. So it will make calls, dual SIM 4G but it doesn’t have all the common EU bands like band 20 which isn’t great but it has at least band 1, 7 and 3 LTE which many EU countries use.

SIM not working for me either... Found the below in a techtablets review.

Just when you thought the Chinese 9.7-inch retina tablets where all but gone and dead. Voyo is back with one and this is still a decent screen, the 9.7″ 4:3 ratio 1536 x 2048 “retina” screen. It looks to be fully laminated with 2.5D glass in a thin 8.5mm shell. The tablet is called the Voyo i8 and is powered by now all too common Chinese tablet/mobile chipset the Helio X27. So it will make calls, dual SIM 4G but it doesn’t have all the common EU bands like band 20 which isn’t great but it has at least band 1, 7 and 3 LTE which many EU countries use.

that's not a review tho - he never had a tablet to review.

even then should connect on 3g or even 2g. not picking up sims at all.

I have emailed Geekbuying tech support.

I have emailed Geekbuying tech support.

they will ask you for a video showing the problem lol like all Chinese suppliers.

they will ask you for a video showing the problem lol like all Chinese suppliers.
    :D:D

Dear
    We apologize for the issue you have experienced with the item you ordered.

Please share some relevant pictures and/or a video of your problem about the status of the device when inserting the SIM card.

Our After-sales team will look into the problem you are facing and get back to you with a solution ASAP.

Best regards,

Customer Service Dept.

Geekbuying

• Advertisement

Frank11 wrote: »
    I got this one for it. Does the job!!
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablet-accessories-en/port-muskoka-universal-10in-tablet-case-black.html

Advertisement