Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"BMW First"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

while i had a 1 series years ago this is my first "real" BMW - 520d 2012. Its spotless - low milage in black with oyster leather. I love it and intend to have it a couple of years and upgrade... the reason for me to go with this is to keep it looked after with Joe Duffy which i hope will garner a little extra on trade in for a 2017/18 model in a couple of years time. Do i need a showroom shine every day? Nope. However a clean well looked after motor which i love to drive.. certainly

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Check out the latest offer for BMW first members, very tempting !

As part of your BMW FIRST Subscription, you now have exclusive access to the BMW FIRST Experience Fleet which has just been launched in Ireland.

Ever wanted to experience the full power of BMW M? Well now from as little as €150 per rental fee, you can!

Heading away for the weekend? Take the 410bhp BMW M2 Competition for a spin. Going off the beaten track, the BMW X3 M40i is ready and waiting. Looking for a mix of style and power? Enjoy the powerful and stylish BMW 440i.

Make your next BMW experience even more memorable with the BMW FIRST Experience fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

cyborg wrote: »
    Check out the latest offer for BMW first members, very tempting !

As part of your BMW FIRST Subscription, you now have exclusive access to the BMW FIRST Experience Fleet which has just been launched in Ireland.

Ever wanted to experience the full power of BMW M? Well now from as little as €150 per rental fee, you can!

Heading away for the weekend? Take the 410bhp BMW M2 Competition for a spin. Going off the beaten track, the BMW X3 M40i is ready and waiting. Looking for a mix of style and power? Enjoy the powerful and stylish BMW 440i.

Make your next BMW experience even more memorable with the BMW FIRST Experience fleet.

Seen that also, not to bad for a dirty weekend away with the other half for an extra treat ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Book quickly, someone will bin the m2 comp fairly quickly, they will catch you out in the wet even with the traction on if your not used to it. It seems a very good deal on the car rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

€1,500 security deposit on the cars and minimum 25 years old. Won't happen that quick.

M2 Competition will be constantly sold out, so I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for the X3 M40i.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Haven't read the whole thread but has it been mentioned that the prices have come down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can you get the 20% discount if you buy / renew the service pack.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PM received now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wavert

Is there any three month discounts available at the moment. The 1st month free is available but 3 would be better than 1!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Use this link to get a 2nd free month for you, and a free month for the refereeðŸ˜
    https://www.bmw-first.ie/?referral=152T1710&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Anyone got any codes for more than 1 month free trial for BMW First?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Book quickly, someone will bin the m2 comp fairly quickly, they will catch you out in the wet even with the traction on if your not used to it. It seems a very good deal on the car rentals.

So seems the m2 comp is being removed from the rental fleet for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

So seems the m2 comp is being removed from the rental fleet for some reason?

A shame, I had it on the 'list' myself to dip my toe into ///M territory for more than just a spin in a mates car :o Maybe it's a good thing! https://www.bmw-first.ie/fleet

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was on to them last week and was told BMW Ireland has just pulled the plug on the scheme due to low uptake. The 440i and X3 M40i apparently have already gone back to be sold on and the M2 which booked out until the end of May, will go back after that.

I'd imagine the scheme would have been more popular if they offered them during the summer months when the weather is better, plus you have to collect and drop back the cars in Dublin only. So like me living on the other side of the country, it's more awkward and involves a bit more planning/time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

bazz26 wrote: »
    I was on to them last week and was told BMW Ireland has just pulled the plug on the scheme due to low uptake. The 440i and X3 M40i apparently have already gone back to be sold on and the M2 which booked out until the end of May, will go back after that.

I'd imagine the scheme would have been more popular if they offered them during the summer months when the weather is better, plus you have to collect and drop back the cars in Dublin only. So like me living on the other side of the country, it's more awkward and involves a bit more planning/time off.

That is a load of BS. It simply wasn’t ready to be implemented in the first place. Absolutely atrocious attitude to customer service in regards to the Fleet program. Couldn’t get through to them, couldn’t book, couldn’t do anything.

Also, Ireland. Because we can’t have anything nice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is a load of BS. It simply wasn’t ready to be implemented in the first place. Absolutely atrocious attitude to customer service in regards to the Fleet program. Couldn’t get through to them, couldn’t book, couldn’t do anything.

Also, Ireland. Because we can’t have anything nice here.

Well I can only go off what I was told when I got through to them at the first attempt. Also there is a poster on here called digiman who rented the X3 M40i recently and his experience was nothing but positive. I don't know he all that well but I cannot see what reason he would have to lie about it.

I do agree with you about Ireland not being set up or cheap for anything nice like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uluwatu

Have you checked out the easter special of BMW First (3months for free): https://www.bmw-first.ie/home

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well I can only go off what I was told when I got through to them at the first attempt. Also there is a poster on here called digiman who rented the X3 M40i recently and his experience was nothing but positive. I don't know he all that well but I cannot see what reason he would have to lie about it.

I do agree with you about Ireland not being set up or cheap for anything nice like this.

Customer service is pretty poor, the lad Fabrice who is head of BMW First Fleet is either new and finding the ropes or just not all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NinjaG

Just wondering if anyone wants to share the BMW First subscription referral code.

This can give us both a month extra free subscription.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've given up my subscription because it was too much hassle to get to and from the dealers to get a car wash but if you keep an eye on their facebook page they often give out free months worth of subscriptions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

NinjaG wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone wants to share the BMW First subscription referral code.

Thanks
    Here's mine...
    https://www.bmw-first.ie?referral=09D2442&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭carsfan2

The cars that were on the BMW first fleet are up for sale. The m2 and x3 are in Colm Quinn’s and the 440i in Waterford.it only has 2000 miles on it.
    I wonder will they be straight up with customers as to their origins?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

NinjaG wrote: »

Thanks

Here's my link :

https://www.bmw-first.ie?referral=07D86064&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

carsfan2 wrote: »
    The cars that were on the BMW first fleet are up for sale. The m2 and x3 are in Colm Quinn’s and the 440i in Waterford.it only has 2000 miles on it.
    I wonder will they be straight up with customers as to their origins?

"Ex demos" I'd say. It covers a huge area! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

MarkN wrote: »
    "Ex demos" I'd say. It covers a huge area! ;)

Yes I purchased an ex demo once and found a SIXT rental documment in the car where it was rented.

When purchasing I was told it was a BMW car possibly used for events etc.....

I would think most of their one year old cars are ex rental at this stage as there is a government scheme that you can rent them for six months and don't have to pay the VRT till after the six months. I would imagine the VRT is lower as the car is six months older when being valued for VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

For anyone who took out the promotional deal a year or so ago the subscription price reverts to full price after 12 months.

I had been paying €8.60 per month for the full subscription and its suddenly jumped to nearly €16.90 per month. That doesnt make economical sense for beneifits I get so I just cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uluwatu

For anyone who took out the promotional deal a year or so ago the subscription price reverts to full price after 12 months.

I had been paying €8.60 per month for the full subscription and its suddenly jumped to nearly €16.90 per month. That doesnt make economical sense for beneifits I get so I just cancelled it.

Why wouln't that make sense? Even though the price increased I will keep my subscription. For me alone the monthly circle k car wash pays off since it is 14€ normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

uluwatu wrote: »
    Why wouln't that make sense? Even though the price increased I will keep my subscription. For me alone the monthly circle k car wash pays off since it is 14€ normal price.

For me I wouldn't let BMW wash my car never mind an automated car wash as they tend to scratch the paintwork.

The benefit for me was the 5c off fuel, free wipers and bulbs and 20% off servicing.

But now at just over €200 per year it doesnt add up for me. I am spending less on fuel now as well since I changed the car so overall just doesnt provide benefit.

I did use them once for an oil top up and its just hassle, takes an hour out of your day by the time you drive there, wait and get out again. I found it easier just to buy a littre of oil and top up myself when I needed to. Again I dont need to do that anymore so less benefit from it to me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I cancelled mine.
    I subscribed in part for the discounted parts. However, despite it not being in the T&Cs, the discount only applies if they fit the parts (and charge you for the pleasure).
    Changing a bulb requires you to book an appointment and wait ages in the showroom while they change it.
    For me, it's really not worth the hassle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

The website mentions an upcoming black Friday offer, guessing it will be an extra month or two for free?

How long would I be waiting to book a car in a for a service, 1-2 weeks?

Advertisement