Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I did it about a week ago, but have heard nothing. How do I know if it worked or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I did it about a week ago, but have heard nothing. How do I know if it worked or not?

I got confirmation the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I'm still getting popups, email & now a text, to update my id. It's now a week since they confirmed my new id was accepted. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bit the bullet and uploaded passport photo and selfie, by time I got into work I got a message saying it had been verified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone's push notifications not working on Android? I used to get instant notifications when the card was used...nothing now! Transactions are there when i open the app though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭5star02707

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone's push notifications not working on Android? I used to get instant notifications when the card was used...nothing now! Transactions are there when i open the app though

just reinstall it, that seemed to solve my problem on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pacifico wrote: »

Mine are normally about 5 minutes late these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Currently without my passport will they accept public services card or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

scottigael wrote: »
    Currently without my passport will they accept public services card or something else?

No, as mentioned earlier in this thread your public services card is not a valid form of ID outside of some public services you need an in date passport or passport card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Wonder what will happen now the year extension is coming into play, they said previously accounts would be suspended if no deal kicks in on Friday but that’s looking very unlikely.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

scottigael wrote: »

Afraid not, passport is the only thing they'll accept. Although it does look like there won't be a no-deal Brexit in the short term anyway, so the re-verification shouldn't actually be needed

Chieftain wrote: »
    Afraid not, passport is the only thing they'll accept. Although it does look like there won't be a no-deal Brexit in the short term anyway, so the re-verification shouldn't actually be needed

I’m thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I done the lotto in the bookies lats week and used my card, only €4. Now i have gotten a message from Revolut to say that the charge has been reverted . Anyone else ever get this before ? First time this has ever happened.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I done the lotto in the bookies lats week and used my card, only €4. Now i have gotten a message from Revolut to say that the charge has been reverted . Anyone else ever get this before ? First time this has ever happened.

Happened to me before, they will come back for the money and I think it’s called a delayed transaction on the app

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Happened to me with a purchase at Lidl Holyhead last year. Transaction was eventually reprocessed.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It happened me as well with the London tube. My account went into the minus by a few euros and they sent me a message saying pay up or they would suspend my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

It happened me as well with the London tube. My account went into the minus by a few euros and they sent me a message saying pay up or they would suspend my account.

They will if you don't top it up within 7 days.

And yes. I've seen it happen that payments got reverted and recharged later on. You know what you spend and what got authorized. Expect, that the money will come out eventually.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So last week on the 3rd, I used revolut to send my sister 50 euro to her sterling account, it's listed in my revolut. But she checked and never received, is there anything I can do? Is there a chance it might show up or bounce back to me at some point? It's just right now, I can't really be affording to be losing money.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    So last week on the 3rd, I used revolut to send my sister 50 euro to her sterling account, it's listed in my revolut. But she checked and never received, is there anything I can do? Is there a chance it might show up or bounce back to me at some point? It's just right now, I can't really be affording to be losing money.

Get into Revolut using chat

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wonder what will happen now the year extension is coming into play, they said previously accounts would be suspended if no deal kicks in on Friday but that’s looking very unlikely.

It's only been extended to October, with the UK aiming at leaving before 22. May. So nothing is going to change. The renewal of the ID still needs to be done.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Get into Revolut using chat

Luckily she found it, just by opening a euro account this morning, and the money was just sitting there! But thank you.

Marlow wrote: »
    It's only been extended to October, with the UK aiming at leaving before 22. May. So nothing is going to change. The renewal of the ID still needs to be done.

/M
    i posted before the final outcome was revealed last night
    id verification is only in preparation for a no deal brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone know when we're getting the new UK account numbers?

My Dad wants his UK pension to be paid to my Revolut and then I'll pass it onto him. But he doesn't want to send a letter now if the details will be changing in a couple of weeks.

Or should I just send it and then update when the details change? I presume there'll be a changeover period or we'll be given enough notice.

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone know when we're getting the new UK account numbers?

My Dad wants his UK pension to be paid to my Revolut and then I'll pass it onto him. But he doesn't want to send a letter now if the details will be changing in a couple of weeks.

Or should I just send it and then update when the details change? I presume there'll be a changeover period or we'll be given enough notice.

They sent email to me about the new numbers to me already and the old numbers still work until May 22nd and they advised change over wages etc now in preparation
    Have you checked you account details lately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

They sent email to me about the new numbers to me already and the old numbers still work until May 22nd and they advised change over wages etc now in preparation
    Have you checked you account details lately ?

From within the app? Sort code is 23-69-72. I think that's the old one?

Wheety wrote: »
    From within the app? Sort code is 23-69-72. I think that's the old one?

mine ends in 75
    maybe its rolling out in stages

It is done in rotation. The new sort code should show up ending in -75.

There was also a push message, when it changed for me.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Sorrt code? Does that come with the Metal subscription?

no just a regular one it is on the gbp side of the account along with an account number

• Advertisement

No. You get a sort-code and account number with your GBP account, if you have it activated. It's for UK local transfers.

In the app go to "More" -> "Profile" -> "Account Details" -> "GBP".

It will be in there.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement