Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

has anyone here bought from HP Nutrition before. they seem to be fairly cheap so is there any reason to avoid or are they genuine?

Lads,

I was going to order items from these aswell. Before I do can I echo wahat Brian is asking. What are they like if you used them before? Are they reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mellor wrote: »
    Which achieves what exactly?

Apart from you not getting a product you obviously wanted. And having to wait even longer to get it
    You will get a refund and you can take your business elsewhere to a company that wont try and fcuk around with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Esse85 wrote: »
    You will get a refund and you can take your business elsewhere to a company that wont try and fcuk around with you.
    It was clearly a once off accident or mix-up of some sort, they hardly chose you out of all of their huge number of customers to "fcuk around with".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why not just sign for it and then take your next order else where.
    I don't see how leaving yourself without the product for another few weeks helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has anyone brought supplements from these and if so are they reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

ormondprop wrote: »
    hate coffee so thats a no go, i found the mega pump very good and it had creatine so was handy but i'm getting too used to it now and not gettin much of a buzz, so goin to give it a break, what protein and creatine do you recommend and where to buy them for good value, have about 75 euro left on the credit card and its burning a serious hole in my pocket:D
    anyone ever try myprotein hurricane xs
    Nearly finished my first pouch of xs. Won't be getting it again, far cheaper to buy all separate especially with the recommended doses they give. Never got spots so bad on my back from any other supp either big thumbs down!!

Rycn wrote: »
    It was clearly a once off accident or mix-up of some sort, they hardly chose you out of all of their huge number of customers to "fcuk around with".
    Its happened to a number of people, I didnt raise the issue, another poster did, I've read about similar fcuk up's from this company on various forums.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why not just sign for it and then take your next order else where.
    I don't see how leaving yourself without the product for another few weeks helps.
    I wouldnt reward bad customer service with my hard earned cash, that is why.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just a few questions.

My situation is I'm a 21 year old, 5"8', 71kg/156lbs lad that is in generally good shape, but I would like to get a more "defined"(for want of a better word) look to myself. Just starting back in the gym and intend to bulk the body while also keeping up the cardio too.

Question being: Today I got "Precision Engineered High Potency Creatine Powder", is there any need for the bulking stage that is suggested? And should I take whey protein/shakes/etc along with it? Not too knowledgeable on the subject. I have read through a good bit of this thread already and there have been some good tips, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just a few questions.

My situation is I'm a 21 year old, 5"8', 71kg/156lbs lad that is in generally good shape, but I would like to get a more "defined"(for want of a better word) look to myself. Just starting back in the gym and intend to bulk the body while also keeping up the cardio too.

Question being: Today I got "Precision Engineered High Potency Creatine Powder", is there any need for the bulking stage that is suggested? And should I take whey protein/shakes/etc along with it? Not too knowledgeable on the subject. I have read through a good bit of this thread already and there have been some good tips, cheers.

Ahhh... the dreaded loading phase... ignore that. Just take it twice a day and you're laughing :)

Check out the fitness sticky on the main page as it has lots of info on nutrition. You need to eat to get more defined/increase muscle. You'll want to be getting about 140g - 160g of protein a day at your current weight so a protein shake may be a convenient way to go about it but do have a look at your diet in general and try to clean that up too if need be.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

hey just looking for advice iv got half way through a tub of profusion reloaded strawberry flavour but i just cant bring myself to drink the stuff anymore! was thinking of getting the same stuff with a different flavour and after that go back ? good idea or are there any better ones? also anybody have an opinion on what flavour is best?

Thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I bought Alri CR2 Creatine Diphosphate today, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or are they good in general

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Has anyone used TMU Whey protein? I've had a hard time finding any reviews online to guide me. Is it any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Kevin! wrote: »
    I bought Alri CR2 Creatine Diphosphate today, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or are they good in general

cheers

OMG no way... it's the worst stuff ever... gonna steal all your muscle... sneak around your house at night.... murder your cat... marry your dog... put its feet on your couch, and not pay its fair share of bills...

All of that could have been avoided if you asked what people thought before you bought it, not after.. :confused::D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ste Ward

I would just like to say that discountsupplements are a ****ing disgrace.

2 weeks and still no sign of my order?

was it discountsupplements.ie or discountsupplements.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Anyone ever purchased from this store if so was the delivery from US or EU http://www.europeansupplements.com/ Im confused by where the deliveries are sent from :confused:

Markom5a wrote: »
    hey just looking for advice iv got half way through a tub of profusion reloaded strawberry flavour but i just cant bring myself to drink the stuff anymore! was thinking of getting the same stuff with a different flavour and after that go back ? good idea or are there any better ones? also anybody have an opinion on what flavour is best?

Thanks
    Mark

just goin to bump this any advice?

Is that the Boditronics brand?

I tried samples of the choc flavour, taught it was savage.

Boditronics are known for tasting very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Diceicle wrote: »
    Has anyone used TMU Whey protein? I've had a hard time finding any reviews online to guide me. Is it any good?

currently using it....chocloate flavour.....very good imo.
    nutrition connection are now selling a 10lb tub for 50 quid....its coconut flavour....havnt tried it.......wonderin if any1 has had any coconut flavour whey protein and what its like

Esse85 wrote: »
    Is that the Boditronics brand?

I tried samples of the choc flavour, taught it was savage.

Boditronics are known for tasting very good.

Yup boditronics, I was told to stay away from any choc flavoured supplements because they tasted so bad, I might try it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Diceicle wrote: »

the stawberry is like syntha 6 cant go wrong, chocolate not so good, havent tried the other flavours

Looking for another bit of advice here, hope you can help me:

Currently looking at buying this to go with my creatin package.

http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/pages/4040/Whey_Protein.htm

Question I ask is has anyone had any experience with it? And are the aminogen, optizyme and vit-mx-build extras actually any good, or just there to make it sound good? I have looked online but can't find anything that isn't biased (or doesn't seem to be) on it.

Thanks.

Edit: Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

no only post workout or maybe for breakfast

you should get your protein from whole foods and use the whey to fill in the nutritional gaps.

Whey is just food its not magic, so any magical ingredients should really be ignore, choose a protein based on protein %, price and taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?
    Depends how much protein you intake a day and how much you actually need.It varys from nutritionists and books but most say you need between around 1 - 2g of protein per pound of body weight.Me being 190 pounds i try get in about 300grams per day mostly from whole foods(eggs,steak chicken milk nuts etc).Like darcha22 said best to take post workout as it digests quickly and maybe with meals that lack protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ste Ward wrote: »
    was it discountsupplements.ie or discountsupplements.co.uk?

co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Edit: Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

Go with 1-1.5 grams per lb body weight per day, (say close to 1.5 on gym days, as least 1 everyday) try to get this with whole food as much as possible, if you are falling short on rest days then eat more or take some whey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Cellucor just launched their european site http://www.cellucor.eu

They are offering free weight loss kits for the first 400 customers.
    M5 is unbelievable and D4 is just crazy strong, protein could be better but cant argue with any of the pre workout stuff, best on the market IMO

Edit: Anyone looking for joint aid and recovery R3 is great, highly recommend it

Thanks all for the tips and help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Got a 5kg pouch of unflavored (meant to get choc mint) impact whey from my protein. Any tips to make the shake taste less vomity cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Got a 5kg pouch of unflavored (meant to get choc mint) impact whey from my protein. Any tips to make the shake taste less vomity cheers!
    Cadburys Hot Chocolate should do the trick just mix in 2 teaspoons with your shake :) Its basically just cocao.

(Might be a bit lumpy, can't really remember tbh)

Advertisement