Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi generator

• 19-02-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Quick question,
    has anybody bought the small generator from Aldi and if so have they used and, what did they think of it. I was looking at them yesterday and noticed that they are run using a small two-stroke engine. our leisure battery is not the best and i'm looking at using a small generator for backup in the wilds.

BrenC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi Bren

Havnt seen them and dont know anybody that has one

My first thought however is "2 Stroke" is as smelly as it gets......the smell of the fumes from 2 stroke machines (eg mopeds, garden strimmer/weed eaters etc) in my opinion is terrible

Malta1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

i have one, they are cheap nasty things, if they are left lying up any length they wont start, then the pull cord jams LOL, you get what you pay for, steer clear of this Chinese rubbish, buy a 4 stroke honda or any other known brand IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BrenCooney

thanks all. I was thinking the same but just checking that i wasnt missing the sale of the decade.

BrenC

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

One point that I learned from a few experienced people in the Camper trade.
    If you want a to use a generator make sure it is a good one as the cheap ones have a large varience in power delivery and can very easily damage your zig unit.

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi, I bought a Aldi or Lidl (cant remember which shop we bought it) 2200w Generator a few years ago and stuck it in the Garage of our motorhome, it worked very well, we went to UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Germany with it for nearly three months, used it every day, twice a day and no problem. On a later trip in UK the pull cord came away, when I got home I rang Aldi or Lidl and they sent me out a new pull cord mechanism free of charge as there is a three year warranty with them. My friend has a Honda 2000w Generator and it work perfect too but he only got a year warrenty. So I would recommend you to buy it. YEAH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yardeyar wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a Aldi or Lidl (cant remember which shop we bought it) 2200w Generator a few years ago and stuck it in the Garage of our motorhome, it worked very well, we went to UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Germany with it for nearly three months, used it every day, twice a day and no problem. On a later trip in UK the pull cord came away, when I got home I rang Aldi or Lidl and they sent me out a new pull cord mechanism free of charge as there is a three year warranty with them. My friend has a Honda 2000w Generator and it work perfect too but he only got a year warrenty. So I would recommend you to buy it. YEAH!

There ya go!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

yardeyar wrote: »

Thats a different genny, the one they have now is only 700w or something like that. I usually have no problem with Aldi/Lidl gear but the small genny is poor quality and of limited use due to small output.

Advertisement