Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Accountsplus

mine is set at SBC on my Samsung s9+ and i'm getting dropouts. I'll try it at aptx and give it another go.

One thing to watch is that you can only change the settings while the earbuds are connected to the phone. At first, I thought I was changing the settings but the change didn't stick. It seems to be a common issue that people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One thing to watch is that you can only change the settings while the earbuds are connected to the phone. At first, I thought I was changing the settings but the change didn't stick. It seems to be a common issue that people have.

Yeah i just noticed that myself when i tried to change it. I'll have to wait until i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Does anyone have any more feedback on the Creative Airs?

They're awesome. I'm not an audiophile but I think the sound quality is incredible from these little devices. They're very comfortable to wear... I was using them yesterday in airport and during flight continuously for about 3 hours. It's very handy to press the button at the side to pause music when you need to, also to adjust volume without taking out your phone. I think they look quite near too, especially compared to the Apple ones with the little stick dropping down out of your ear like an earring. That's personal taste though.

The only niggle I have sometimes is the second earbud taking about 30 seconds to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I sent them back today. Creative sent me a pre paid label to attach to the box. Not working on my Nokia 8. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked these up for £8 and they're great for the price.

Did a scan for fake reviews and seemed to indicate high quality reviews and they're excellent for under a tenner.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QGZGGPH/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is there a consensus best airpod fakes? I got i10 yes from AliExpress but they were ****e and fell apart, if someone can recommend a good quality seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is there a consensus best airpod fakes? I got i10 yes from AliExpress but they were ****e and fell apart, if someone can recommend a good quality seller.

I haven't bought or tried any of the airpod clones, but from reading a few sites, the i7s seem to have been the peak/most reviewed. i10, i12 etc don't get good reviews that I have seen.
    There are so many reviews of them and so many versions (I just deleted a lot of links to different versions of i7s, as it was just confusing).

But these get a good review build quality and sound; They paid $16.99 for them in the review.
    Conclusion:
    Headphones are certainly not AirPods. But for the price as a whole they are quite good.
    I have now reviewed the i5s, i7s and i9s, and for me the i9s are so far the winner (maybe even runaway winner).
    These headphones are suitable for the average person that would like to try a fully wireless sound and not pay a premium price. Therefore, I recommend these, rather than not.
    To sum up the whole review. All good.

Slightly cheaper now, and you may want to change shipping method to aliexpress standard shipping if you are going for them.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919254871.html

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Ush1 wrote: »

I've had these LK-TE8 clones for the last 5 months and overall I'm happy enough. Right bud loses connection sometimes when talking with phone in pocket etc. but they're a handy backup pair to have.

I think I paid about $25 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Have ordered 3 pairs of these and haven't had a problem, they always show up within a week and a half too.

Really handy to have in your pocket at all times and you barely notice them.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b8Ve2j5q

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Have ordered 3 pairs of these and haven't had a problem, they always show up within a week and a half too.

Really handy to have in your pocket at all times and you barely notice them.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b8Ve2j5q

How's the sound quality? Are they loud enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Loud enough for non in ear/over ear sets.

They're quite acceptable for a quick listen on the bus or train, etc.

Well worth it for €20, they don't have the greatest bass in the world.

Marshall Monitor Bluetooth Headphones are €89.97 on amazon France
    https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B06XVTKK2G

Edit.
    Sold Out while I was at checkout!!! :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭corkie

[KickStarter] Wearbuds <<< Buyer beware!

Available on the 20th. Early bird pricing is rumored to be around $49/€49!

hqdefault.jpg

https://wearbuds.myaipower.com/

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cool idea. Cool looking earbuds. Ridiculous looking watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thinking about a set of Sony CH700Ns.

About 95 pounds on Amazon.

Poor ANC I understand.

Any outright better options at that price point or is it pros and cons?

corkie wrote: »
    [KickStarter] Wearbuds <<< Buyer beware!

Available on the 20th. Early bird pricing is rumored to be around $49/€49!

Similar available already, better looking imo, but may not have all of the same features.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEMFO-M1-Newest-AI-Smart-Watch-With-Bluetooth-Earphone-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Smart-Wristband-Long-Time/33004439606.html

Although the reviews on that whole set are pretty poor. I think one reviewer described it as an experimental attempt at something that didn't really work. Bland sounding earphones that feel like they could fall out easily, and clunky watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

noodler wrote: »
    Thinking about a set of Sony CH700Ns.

About 95 pounds on Amazon.

Poor ANC I understand.

Any outright better options at that price point or is it pros and cons?
    Taotronics bh46

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'm looking to get a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3, do any of you know if Amazon are inclined discount earphones during their prime day sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can anyone recommend foam ear tips that would fit the fully wireless ear buds? I'm finding it pretty hard to see anything that would actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭corkie

Suckit wrote: »
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend foam ear tips that would fit the fully wireless ear buds? I'm finding it pretty hard to see anything that would actually work.

A search for 'ear tips' in thread returned the above?

Suckit wrote: »

Seams to be clones of that with better reviews on them.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=Smart+Watch+With+Bluetooth+Earphone

I would be put off by the watch-face hinge design, seems like it could easily get broken
    and maybe the buds falling out without your noticing.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    A search for 'ear tips' in thread returned the above?

I have ones like that at home but they are to big and stop the bud sitting properly in your ear. They won't fit in the charging case with them either.

I think I need something half as high if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm looking to get a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3, do any of you know if Amazon are inclined discount earphones during their prime day sale?

you may get a discount on a warehouse pair, they often do 20% off sales.
    Generally perfect condition and easy returns if any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have ones like that at home but they are to big and stop the bud sitting properly in your ear. They won't fit in the charging case with them either.

I think I need something half as high if that makes sense?

Take a look thru Google for the Sugru earbud mod.
    Basically it's rolling forward the rubber tip of the earbud, then wrapping a piece of Sugru around the base of the now inside out earcup, then roll the earcup back down and place the earbud in the ear to allow really good custom fit.

Really helps with secure fit and PNC IMO.

banie01 wrote: »
    Take a look thru Google for the Sugru earbud mod.
    Basically it's rolling forward the rubber tip of the earbud, then wrapping a piece of Sugru around the base of the now inside out earcup, then roll the earcup back down and place the earbud in the ear to allow really good custom fit.

Really helps with secure fit and PNC IMO.

Cheers for that. I actually have some here in the fridge so I'll give it a go later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

smilerf wrote: »
    Taotronics bh46

Now I'm torn between the CH700n , bh046 and the newer bh060.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

noodler wrote: »
    Now I'm torn between the CH700n , bh046 and the newer bh060.
    I see there is a £10 voucher on the bh060 until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Picked up the Redmi dots. For the price (€22) they're great, but I remembered why I stopped using my old wireless earphones I bought a few years. After about half an hour of use the outside of my ear where they sit becomes sore. The only thing that seems to work is using different tips that make them stick out past the outside of ear but it makes them look a bit stupid and have to take the tips off to charge. Might just be my ears, I always seem to have difficulty with earphone tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

OnLooker wrote:
    Anyone the Jabra Move Wireless earphones?

These are my go to. Great bang for buck sound, battery and build.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    These are my go to. Great bang for buck sound, battery and build.

Stuck between them and the bh060's

Advertisement