Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I noticed a GBP24 promotion on these so I picked them up for just GBP36 including delivery! It's the updated 2019 model rather than the newer model but still gets great reviews.

Anyway, looks like a great bargain.
    tommycahir wrote: »
    Got the below notification earlier, might interest some

Link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MR52QWH?psc=1

482082.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Did you hear back from them? It's not on the amount of people that have problems with these earphones. Such a pity. I'd like a replacement but I just think they'd be problematic also. Also what did they mean by offering you an 'earpiece'?

Sorry, yeah I should have updated. They came back to me and said they would look into it, then a few days later told me they had issued the refund on postage which arrived in my bank couple of days later.

So got a full refund including the recorded postage charges but had to fight a bit for the second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

adox wrote: »
    Sorry, yeah I should have updated. They came back to me and said they would look into it, then a few days later told me they had issued the refund on postage which arrived in my bank couple of days later.

So got a full refund including the recorded postage charges but had to fight a bit for the second part.

Might be due to their policy of only offering shipping refunds for products that are defective. - https://en.creative.com/help/warranty-returns#can-i-get-a-refund-for-my-return-postage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tazium wrote: »
    Might be due to their policy of only offering shipping refunds for products that are defective. - https://en.creative.com/help/warranty-returns#can-i-get-a-refund-for-my-return-postage

I thought the reason they were returned, was because they were defective?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Suckit wrote: »
    I thought the reason they were returned, was because they were defective?

Yep, returned because of constant drop outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had the same thing - offered me a €14 store credit or a pair of EP630 earbuds - I just replied quoting the website t&c for return of defective items and they 'escalated' it and I got my refund

Back to using my Outlier Ones, it's a shame the airs were so temperamental

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey all, I got a pair of Taotronics BH060s, and I've noticed that they do not do the audio volume sync thing with my phone, I have essentially 2 volumes now (the phone itself and then the headphones). I feel like this wasn't always the case, but can't be certain - does anyone know for certain if these do/don't support it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Thinking of going for the rha trueconnects, anyone tried a pair?

One of the best out there it seems

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/rha-trueconnect

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there such a thing as wireless earphones of the earbud variety?

Like the Sennheiser MX range (but wireless)?

Can't seem to find any.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

noodler wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as wireless earphones of the earbud variety?

Like the Sennheiser MX range (but wireless)?

Can't seem to find any.

Like these?

Galaxy Buds €124

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭corkie

@noodler Was that a joke post?

https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/earphones

You must not looked hard enough.

What style are you looking for? Neck-cord or TWS (True Wireless Stereo)?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    @noodler Was that a joke post?

https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/earphones

You must not looked hard enough.

What style are you looking for? Neck-cord or TWS (True Wireless Stereo)?

Maybe the pictures on Amazon are giving me the impression everything in "in-ear".

I'm easy on the style, probably sub 50 euro though. I don't find earphones last very long.

Actually, everything on the Sennheiser link seems to me to be what I would call in ear (have to jam two bits of rubber into your ear canal). Incan see why this gets confusing but i mean wireless versions of say these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Portable-Media-Players-Headphones-blue/dp/B004ZLV0GS/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=sennheiser+earphones+mx&qid=1560100191&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Davy wrote: »

Probably closer to them alright but too pricey.

@noodler get you now, you asked for in ear but not buds you actually stick in your ear.

Have a look back the thread at the Airpod Clones, iXX (replace X with numbers) range?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026647873.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33024018403.html

Sorry other previous post linked had expired product links so edited my message.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Does anyone have any more feedback on the Creative Airs?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Personally I think they're great. So much so that I bought a replacement pair after I lost my original pair after about a week!

Not perfect, occasional drop outs when walking with phone in pocket but I can live with it for size (I love that I can have them in my pocket at all times), battery life and fit for running.

Think they're well worth the €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

£25 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073VF7FY7/
    They're on Prime, so free shipping if you have it. Have owned them for a few months, mainly for bus & train use. Have found the bluetooth connection to be patchy in Dublin if walking next to a lot of cars (eg; along the Quays), but fine apart from that.

The mic is a gimmick; in a small room, I'd sound like I'm in a barn to the person on the other end.

Build quality isn't bad, and I like the option to skip songs, increase/decrease volume with it. Once it's paired once, it connects easy enough. I turn them on, turn on the bluetooth of my phone, and they connect within a few moments. They curl up into a small bundle, so by default they're in my jacket pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

garion wrote: »
    Personally I think they're great. So much so that I bought a replacement pair after I lost my original pair after about a week!

Not perfect, occasional drop outs when walking with phone in pocket but I can live with it for size (I love that I can have them in my pocket at all times), battery life and fit for running.

Think they're well worth the €70.

I ADORE mine - apart from the first time I tried them with my hand covering my phone in my pocket, I haven't had any drop outs at all, and have been using them approx 30 hours per week since they were released.

I do find I only get about 7-8 hours max on the battery life though (that's using them 5 or 6 times) but I listen at a high volume but that's still good imo, as there is 5-10 mins of battery wasted every time you disconnect them before they auto shut off so you have to take that into account.

If I lost mine would buy them again tomorrow for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I bought a set of these on a recommendation in this thread. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07Q453S63/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I used them with my Garmin watch, and while the connection was fantastic indoors, the drop outs while running were terrible making them unusable.

I’ve since bought a cheap running belt on Wish to hold my iPhone and they work perfectly when out running. The only thing I noticed is that the top part of the phone needs to be pointing towards the side of the earphones that have the controls on it (right side).

Great sound and battery for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gman2k wrote:
    So these arrived, very happy with the build quality. Sound is a bit tinny, but suppose that's to be expected for where they are placed. Comfortable to wear and very light, and can hear everything going on around me no problems. There is a lot of sound leakage from them as noted by the other half, so would need to compare to the more expensive brands. I haven't worn them out on the bike yet, and I would just be using them for taking calls, not necessarily for listening to music

Update on these bone conduction headphones- I was curious to know if they were actually bone conduction or just small speakers near your ear.
    I now the lawn on a ride on mower, and always us Peltor Optime 3 ear defenders. So I tried a pair of 3m ultrafit earplugs with the headphones.
    The sound quality was excellent, and no longer tinny and I could barely hear the lawnmower! So definitely bone conduction headphones.
    Previously I had tried in ear headphones under the peltors, but was never a good solution due to protrusion and coming loose etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gman2k wrote: »
    Update on these bone conduction headphones- I was curious to know if they were actually bone conduction or just small speakers near your ear.
    I now the lawn on a ride on mower, and always us Peltor Optime 3 ear defenders. So I tried a pair of 3m ultrafit earplugs with the headphones.
    The sound quality was excellent, and no longer tinny and I could barely hear the lawnmower! So definitely bone conduction headphones.
    Previously I had tried in ear headphones under the peltors, but was never a good solution due to protrusion and coming loose etc.
    Do you have a link to these? Am on the lookout for a decent set of bone conduction headphones that do not have speakers. These ones that I got a while back have small speakers on them, and thus have sound leakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I have Trekz Titanium Bone conduction wireless headphones. I will never change. Best I've ever had. €120 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

Hi.

I have a set of Sony WF1000-x which I really like except they could do with being just a notch or two louder.

Has anyone experience of apps to increase Bluetooth volume or any nice hints etc to get them a bit louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have a set of Sony WF1000-x which I really like except they could do with being just a notch or two louder.

Has anyone experience of apps to increase Bluetooth volume or any nice hints etc to get them a bit louder.

I use Viper4Android FX on my phone to allow massive customisation and overdrive options for my headphones and audio.

Requires root but really gives a whole new level of control for BT headphone settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

the_syco wrote:
    Do you have a link to these? Am on the lookout for a decent set of bone conduction headphones that do not have speakers.

Original Z8 headphones Bluetooth 5.0 Bone Conduction Headsets Wireless Sports earphones Handsfree. Search on AliExpress, €26.35, shop804902 is the seller

gman2k wrote: »
    Original Z8 headphones Bluetooth 5.0 Bone Conduction Headsets Wireless Sports earphones Handsfree. Search on AliExpress, €26.35, shop804902 is the seller

Not bad for € 26,64 € 29,60 -10%

Some google links had expired (/no longer available).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I didn't like the bone conduction set at all.
    Maybe it's just me, but there was nothing I liked about them.
    I had a pair from here - https://aftershokz.co.uk/channel/products-compare_top.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I ADORE mine - apart from the first time I tried them with my hand covering my phone in my pocket, I haven't had any drop outs at all, and have been using them approx 30 hours per week since they were released.

I do find I only get about 7-8 hours max on the battery life though (that's using them 5 or 6 times) but I listen at a high volume but that's still good imo, as there is 5-10 mins of battery wasted every time you disconnect them before they auto shut off so you have to take that into account.

If I lost mine would buy them again tomorrow for sure!

Mine are terrible. The dropouts are unbearable. Same issue on iPad and two android phones. I have tried all sorts of settings and still same issue with dropouts. Used them running and had to turn off because dropping out every few seconds. I have sent creative 3 messages now and they have ignored them. I can't understand how they work so well for some. I'm disgusted because of they weren't dropping out they would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Accountsplus

I bought them and had a very bad problem with dropouts when I was walking with them. They were usually fine at the desk. Podcasts were noticably worse than music but music was still bad.

I got onto support and they asked me to try them with another phone before they started the return process. I wound up trying them with an ipad - I had the ipad in a backpack so that I could walk while using them. Perfect. No problem at all. Not a single dropout.

The problem seemed to be the phone - moto g6 plus. I googled bluetooth issues with it and discovered that many people are reporting bluetooth issues since the Android 9 (Pie) update. I went into developer options and changed bluetooth codec option from system select default to Aptx - not the HD Aptx. That seemed to work. I have used it for a short while (40mins) last night but no dropouts at all for streaming radio, podcasts or music.

Its early days but if this works I will be happy.

I updated the support ticket and they advised me to monitor it and get back on if there is any recurrence of dropouts. Support said that any of SBC,aptX, AAC are the supported Bluetooth codecs of the Outlier Air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I bought them and had a very bad problem with dropouts when I was walking with them. They were usually fine at the desk. Podcasts were noticably worse than music but music was still bad.

I got onto support and they asked me to try them with another phone before they started the return process. I wound up trying them with an ipad - I had the ipad in a backpack so that I could walk while using them. Perfect. No problem at all. Not a single dropout.

The problem seemed to be the phone - moto g6 plus. I googled bluetooth issues with it and discovered that many people are reporting bluetooth issues since the Android 9 (Pie) update. I went into developer options and changed bluetooth codec option from system select default to Aptx - not the HD Aptx. That seemed to work. I have used it for a short while (40mins) last night but no dropouts at all for streaming radio, podcasts or music.

Its early days but if this works I will be happy.

I updated the support ticket and they advised me to monitor it and get back on if there is any recurrence of dropouts. Support said that any of SBC,aptX, AAC are the supported Bluetooth codecs of the Outlier Air.

mine is set at SBC on my Samsung s9+ and i'm getting dropouts. I'll try it at aptx and give it another go.

Advertisement