Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I have to say the recent posts above are very worrying! I’m honest I also thought that Resident_1 sounded like a cairns brouchure...

Does the 25a bus go from Lucan village? Seems shocking that there is no regular bus service from the new estate yet. Once an hour is not regular enough.

I myself was hoping to get public transport into town for work. My plan was to get a train into Pearse station.. Be interested to hear how people are managing to get into town via public transport on a daily basis.

Anyways as of now I’ve only paid a deposit! Plenty of thinking to do...

Currently I'm getting the train to Connolly for work. They run fairly regular from Adamstown but getting a seat can be difficult. Bus isn't really an option at the moment. Aside from that I love my house and the estate and I think things will only get better as the development grows, I would expect to see more amenities like a local shop in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

EA agent sent me an email with prices for Newpart St helens.

Are the social housing near these?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yes, they’ll be putting a caravan bay in every other parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

ebayissues wrote: »
    EA agent sent me an email with prices for Newpart St helens.

Are the social housing near these?

They're building 346 units between Alderlie and St. Helen's. It's a mix of 2, 3, 4 bedroom houses, duplexes and a couple of apartment blocks.

Only the houses are advertised for this development so I would suspect that the duplexes and apartments will be a mix of social and affordable housing.
    See also below link from SDCC:
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?regref=SDZ18A%2F0011

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I got my deposit back that I put down for a house I Shackleton which was a real shame. However, I’m happy with my decision.

There is no doubt that the houses in Shackleton are top class. However, due to the lack of facilities and the amount of social apartments I had to pull out. There seems to be more than 10% for social housing in Shackleton, though I could be wrong.

A lot of people who bought in phase I were lied to by Cairns in relation to the situation with regard to all the social apartments and there is a lot of anger about this. A lot of people are also concerned that all the apartments are for social apartments and they’re not spread out like with has happened with some other new developments.

You also need to consider the transport links and will this work for you. At the end of the day you need to get a feel of the area and see is it right for you. Don’t forget you will have part V in other new developments if its a new build you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

This thread is heavily been censored. A lot of posts are been removed which is really isn’t fair and helpful to people researching this development. Buying a house is one of the biggest financial decisions anyone will make and surely people are given a chance to do a through review of any potential development. Again Cairns influence of course!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

No conspiracy theories necessary, I deleted a few posts.

We have a poster serial re-registering new accounts to represent themselves as multiple posters.

If you have an issue with moderation, PM a moderator. Don't bring it up on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Surely a young single parent working their ass off could be in a social house and Ireland's biggest drug dealer could buy a detached 4 bed with dirty money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 arbrahul

I am planning to put a deposit this week. A few question please... I would like to hear the experience from residents please.
    Any anti social behaviour so far ?
    Whats the Story with Airlie park ?
    Where is the nearest primary school and is it oversubscribed ?
    Where is the nearest grocery shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

arbrahul wrote: »
    I am planning to put a deposit this week. A few question please... I would like to hear the experience from residents please.
    Any anti social behaviour so far ?
    Whats the Story with Airlie park ?
    Where is the nearest primary school and is it oversubscribed ?
    Where is the nearest grocery shop ?

There has been absolutely no anti social behaviour, it's very quiet with an active neighborhood watch group.
    Airlie park is still at planning and development stage, how it will go is anyone's guess but if it goes ahead as per the plans it will be a fantastic amenity right on our doorstep...though I personally have concerns about anti social activity when you live near any public park.
    The nearest school is Schoil Mhuire in Arlie Heights, we only applied in May last year for Junior Infants and got a place at the very last minute. However we went with Adamstown Educate Together, for a number of reasons and have no complaints so far.

They nearest shop is Spar in Dodsboro, less than a ten min walk, Tesco right beside it. There are plans for a supermarket at the Celbridge side of the development, you'll find the plans on the south dublin county council website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 arbrahul

xalot wrote: »
    There has been absolutely no anti social behaviour, it's very quiet with an active neighborhood watch group.
    Airlie park is still at planning and development stage, how it will go is anyone's guess but if it goes ahead as per the plans it will be a fantastic amenity right on our doorstep...though I personally have concerns about anti social activity when you live near any public park.
    The nearest school is Schoil Mhuire in Arlie Heights, we only applied in May last year for Junior Infants and got a place at the very last minute. However we went with Adamstown Educate Together, for a number of reasons and have no complaints so far.

They nearest shop is Spar in Dodsboro, less than a ten min walk, Tesco right beside it. There are plans for a supermarket at the Celbridge side of the development, you'll find the plans on the south dublin county council website.

Amazing. Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

I got my deposit back that I put down for a house I Shackleton which was a real shame. However, I’m happy with my decision.

There is no doubt that the houses in Shackleton are top class. However, due to the lack of facilities and the amount of social apartments I had to pull out. There seems to be more than 10% for social housing in Shackleton, though I could be wrong.

A lot of people who bought in phase I were lied to by Cairns in relation to the situation with regard to all the social apartments and there is a lot of anger about this. A lot of people are also concerned that all the apartments are for social apartments and they’re not spread out like with has happened with some other new developments.

You also need to consider the transport links and will this work for you. At the end of the day you need to get a feel of the area and see is it right for you. Don’t forget you will have part V in other new developments if its a new build you want.

Are you looking at any other development currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbborris

The new Hallwell development in Adamstown seems to be reasonably priced with 3 bed terrace starting at 319k.

Why am I so sceptical about that pricing...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

There seems to be so many new developments out there! I see Hansfield are launching another new phase so I might check that out. I’m lucky as I’m actually in no major rush to buy. Every extra month I’m putting more money aside for the deposit. Also with Brexit and some other uncertainties in Europe that is also another reason that I’m happy to wait until possibly the autumn to buy. My preference would be to buy a new build.

if you are talking about the barnwell then the release is right next to social housing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

<SNIP>

Edit: New release of this development this weekend. Overall development looks good now that it's taking shape. Any interest in this forum? What are people looking at?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Less of the baiting/trolling please.

I had a look at the planning here and there is a map included setting out the units which are being supplied to the council.

No where on this does it say that 60 apartments are being given. In fact the units are well spread out. What am I missing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

myshirt wrote: »
    What am I missing?

They changed the agreement with SDCC- I do not believe the planning permission, as lodged, accurately denotes the social units etc (please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect).

They changed the agreement with SDCC- I do not believe the planning permission, as lodged, accurately denotes the social units etc (please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect).

Well you are right in that there is some note in the planning to say that the council reserve the right to change the Part V allocation, but surely if there was a change then they'd upload revised maps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

myshirt wrote: »
    Well you are right in that there is some note in the planning to say that the council reserve the right to change the Part V allocation, but surely if there was a change then they'd upload revised maps?

I don't think so- because they'd effectively be reopening the planning- and there was quite a bit of local opposition. You'd can be assured they would do their utmost to keep it under the radar.

• Advertisement

I don't think so- because they'd effectively be reopening the planning- and there was quite a bit of local opposition. You'd can be assured they would do their utmost to keep it under the radar.

You were correct.

See here where you get a flavour of the Part V pipeline. 50+ apartments to be supplied to the Council

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/ga/Meetings/ViewDocument/61420

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Anybody here bought in Newpark, Adamstown? Would like to ask a few questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 karachiwala

Radsky wrote: »
    Anybody here bought in Newpark, Adamstown? Would like to ask a few questions.

Hey Radsky, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Hey Radsky, I did.

Thanks. I sent you a pm. Hope you don’t mind.

Been living here for a few months now, really happy. Yet to see any horror stories!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Been living here for a few months now, really happy. Yet to see any horror stories!

Same. Really happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 omamrit2809

Hi guys,

Hoping there's some of you on here who have put a deposit down on a house in Hallwell, Adamstown. My wife and I going to put deposit next week.
    Anyone else on here take a gamble or can share any info or opinions on this develpment would be great.

Hi guys,

Hoping there's some of you on here who have put a deposit down on a house in Hallwell, Adamstown. My wife and I going to put deposit next week.
    Anyone else on here take a gamble or can share any info or opinions on this develpment would be great.

Living in Shackleton and have tried to get down there to check it out but the gate is always closed.

I know of another couple who are buying there and they are really happy with what they have seen so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Just signed contracts on a G type and will be facing the new Airlie Park. I did have a deposit on one of the big houses in Somerton..but just felt the price didn't make a whole lot of sense, so cancelled it. I was a little hesitant about Shackleton to begin with...but as it developed I was very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CoDMW

Voltex wrote: »
    Just signed contracts on a G type and will be facing the new Airlie Park. I did have a deposit on one of the big houses in Somerton..but just felt the price didn't make a whole lot of sense, so cancelled it. I was a little hesitant about Shackleton to begin with...but as it developed I was very impressed.

Did builders give completion date on houses surrounding the park?

Advertisement