Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Thanks. What's parking like

Zero.. You could ask a local to park in their driveway.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I've parked on the road just up from the entrance to Scotias grave. It's tight but there is room.
    Yes. There are small lay-bys just past the entrance with space for no more than a handful of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

What's the story with this new city of 50000 Hong Kong people that they are thinking of building in Kerry? Any truth to it? Seems a bit farfetched to me.

This Mr Ko seems to be a bit of a chancer, puffing himself up to the media - unlikely anything will happen in Ireland, and even if it did, 5,000 seems the more probable scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

This Mr Ko seems to be a bit of a chancer, puffing himself up to the media - unlikely anything will happen in Ireland, and even if it did, 5,000 seems the more probable scale.

People seem to have taken it as gospel on Facebook.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    People seem to have taken it as gospel on Facebook.

people believe too much of what they read on Facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Found a Scotia's Grave today. Thanks all.
    There's a few lay byes up past it. A bit of a rough walk with lots of water flowing along the paths.
    Found some mushrooms so was worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

Found a Scotia's Grave today. Thanks all.
    There's a few lay byes up past it. A bit of a rough walk with lots of water flowing along the paths.
    Found some mushrooms so was worth it :)

We’re they magical? ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has anyone been in An Cearnog for food? What sort of food are they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I hear a certain bar in the Square was closed by the Guards last night but I passed it today & it's worse than ever with a big crowd out the front cheek by jowl & not as much as a packet of taytos between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Surely such pubs are shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to annual license renewal time when Gardai can object if they continue to flout laws?

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    I hear a certain bar in the Square was closed by the Guards last night but I passed it today & it's worse than ever with a big crowd out the front cheek by jowl & not as much as a packet of taytos between them.

That's what I was wondering! I know they used to do hot food, but that was a good few years ago now. I didn't think they served food anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of bars who would love to be open at the moment but are not going to take that risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I thought town was extremely busy today, like a normal August day! Traffic hold ups everywhere, I deliberately didn't go down town over the weekend in case it was busy so left it until today but there was a hell of a lot of cars about anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That's what I was wondering! I know they used to do hot food, but that was a good few years ago now. I didn't think they served food anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of bars who would love to be open at the moment but are not going to take that risk!

They do hot food, they order it in from the daily grind, same crowd.

I just read on Facebook that the Birds amusements are coming to Tralee for 2 weeks in the Harriers grounds. I don't know what dates but it seems a bit ridiculous that they are coming. They were asked not to come to Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

I just read on Facebook that the Birds amusements are coming to Tralee for 2 weeks in the Harriers grounds. I don't know what dates but it seems a bit ridiculous that they are coming. They were asked not to come to Killarney.

I can’t see how they’ll make money limiting the crowd to 200 people including staff.

Surely this is classed as an outdoor event as per the GAA etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Clab mor wrote: »
    I can’t see how they’ll make money limiting the crowd to 200 people including staff.

First prize, C19.

Here is some further information regarding it, including how they will implement all their safety measures. They will be limiting it to 200 people apparently.

http://traleetoday.ie/birds-amusements-to-implement-range-of-measures-to-protect-customers/?fbclid=IwAR1ptJnjOqYNdJGfSqJ1drjQMuQYBv0tLOd1d8cBIQuc2-c4mmNLJgh0kAI

Here is some further information regarding it, including how they will implement all their safety measures. They will be limiting it to 200 people apparently.

http://traleetoday.ie/birds-amusements-to-implement-range-of-measures-to-protect-customers/?fbclid=IwAR1ptJnjOqYNdJGfSqJ1drjQMuQYBv0tLOd1d8cBIQuc2-c4mmNLJgh0kAI

Sure that would have to be standard practice. The problem isn’t there procedures it’s the fact that the event itself has the potential to attract a very large number of young people. They can have all the sanitiser in the world but if there’s an additional 500 - 600 teens per day mixing about together before and after it will cause huge issues.

Everyone will be familiar with the famous area outside Siamsa near the big tree where young people gather and congregate during rose of tralee.

Young people will flock to a particular area as a meeting point be it the town park or wherever but it has a very serious potential to blow up.

I do think this is a very poor reflection on the Bird family, the council and the harriers that it’s allowed to go ahead.

This is not about the safety of the event itself but about giving young teens a reason to come and gather together in large groups before after and indeed during the event.

Sure that would have to be standard practice. The problem isn’t there procedures it’s the fact that the event itself has the potential to attract a very large number of young people. They can have all the sanitiser in the world but if there’s an additional 500 - 600 teens per day mixing about together before and after it will cause huge issues.

Everyone will be familiar with the famous area outside Siamsa near the big tree where young people gather and congregate during rose of tralee.

Young people will flock to a particular area as a meeting point be it the town park or wherever but it has a very serious potential to blow up.

I do think this is a very poor reflection on the Bird family, the council and the harriers that it’s allowed to go ahead.

This is not about the safety of the event itself but about giving young teens a reason to come and gather together in large groups before after and indeed during the event.

There seems to be quite a lot of negativity about it on FB so I wonder will they decide against it in the end? I don't think they should come, its not a good idea at the moment. I see they are also due to go to Listowel.

There seems to be quite a lot of negativity about it on FB so I wonder will they decide against it in the end? I don't think they should come, its not a good idea at the moment. I see they are also due to go to Listowel.

It’s might work ok in smaller towns but certainly not Tralee a population of over 20000 with god knows how many staycationing in mobile homes.

I believe it may have been Terry O Brien made initial contact some weeks ago to see if they’d come.

http://traleetoday.ie/family-festival-in-town-park-could-still-take-place-in-late-august/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

I came across this today ... Just what Tralee really needs at this present time ... I hope the people of Tralee and the politicians of Kerry will embrace this for a bright future for the Town of Tralee and the whole of Kerry ... Delighted

Please scroll down to MTU at a Glance

http://www.perrettlaver.com/campaigns/mtu-president

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Has Barbereille in Russell Street closed?

cms88 wrote: »
    Has Barbereille in Russell Street closed?

Yes, they are now closed.

That section of Bridge street is looking very empty now!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yes, they are now closed.

That section of Bridge street is looking very empty now!
    And it's gonna be all ripped up for the best part of a year shortly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Quackster wrote: »
    And it's gonna be all ripped up for the best part of a year shortly too.

What's gonna be happening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

A guard told me they used to call it "the hormonal tree":D:D

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Town is really busy with people around the last few days, the mall especially so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Town is really busy with people around the last few days, the mall especially so.

Good. Hopefully people are spending..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

Noticed that too, outside of rose of tralee I would say busiest I've seen it in years

• Advertisement

I was in from about 12pm - 2pm today and it didn't seem as busy as a normal Saturday, but I'm sure the sunshine had people flock to the beaches so its not surprising!

Advertisement