Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    1.5.7 has changed everything. Towns are now death traps and a single shot will set a mob of 30 or do ****ers on you
    What about outside the towns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Have the zombies moved into forests yet?

Feels like the only safe place on the map.

Just noticed that the dayzmod.com webpage has also got a fancy update that now has leaderboard space :)

1.5.7 Changelog
    DayZ Update 1.5.7
    UPDATE : 14 MAY 2012
    Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.5.7
    * dayz 1.2.4
    * dayz_sfx 1.1

Developer's Note:
    * ITS MY BIRTHDAY. I AM 31.

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Zombie Script converted to Finite State Machine for performance improvement
    * [NEW] Zombie Numbers drastically increased
    * [NEW] Amazing Draft Zombie sounds provided by Michael Manning (http://www.manningaudio.com)
    * [NEW] Terrifying Zombie face provided by GenesisCrys (http://www.lostpoly.com)
    * [NEW] Panicing sound effect
    * [FIXED] Death when entering crashed heli's
    * [FIXED] Hardly any zombies spawning (Lol... uh... like there is lots now)

P.S. Re: Zombie Numbers.... hahah... you're all ****ed. deeply ****ed. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sweet. Getting into a town will require a load of stealth or a well-organised team. It's fascinating to see how some people cooperate in this game. And others saying things like "Ooh, I could do with one of those rifles, and you did just give away your location..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is there a silenced pistol in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

OK here how it's changed.

Zombies no longer spawn in buildings

instead they spawn in an ever widing circle around whatever building has loot in it or towns.

As a result barns or anything remote will have a mob of 5-7 zombs around it. Fields can have zombs in it if the outpost or building near it has loot in it and towns are literally covered in the f*ckers.

Because there are so many more of them now firing a shot essentially sends a horde after you no matter where you are.

I spent the last 2 hours slowly travelling north with 2 companions and I am now dying in a barn because we ran out of painkillers and I have less then 2000 blood my two friends are in the near by town trying to find medecine

Only for me to pass out and die of bloodloss.

It's a horrificly tragic experiance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I bought and downloaded Operation Arrowhead from gamersgate last night, so I should be playing this tonight.

I was very lucky to loot a MP5 and M3 shotgun before logging off yesterday when I met up with Fawkon. I'm hoping the extra firepower will come in handy but I sacrificed my CZ for them so I have no range. Probably sniping would be more fun now since there is lots of zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Any Irish server for this yet?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    OK here how it's changed.

Zombies no longer spawn in buildings

instead they spawn in an ever widing circle around whatever building has loot in it or towns.

As a result barns or anything remote will have a mob of 5-7 zombs around it. Fields can have zombs in it if the outpost or building near it has loot in it and towns are literally covered in the f*ckers.

Because there are so many more of them now firing a shot essentially sends a horde after you no matter where you are.

Thanks for the info.

Whats the max number of zombies have you seen on a server since the upgrade? Before it the max I saw was around 500-600.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

700 is the average I saw it briefly peak over 1000 when the server was full, but thats rumoured to be causing the servers to crash which is a new problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Gonna be downloading this first thing tomorrow once I get paid.

Is it a mod to be patched in, or just an online game type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's a mod, but straightforward to install. There's a handy video guide series on the DayZ forums that explains everything you need to do, shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to sort out.

Gonna be downloading this first thing tomorrow once I get paid.

Is it a mod to be patched in, or just an online game type?

Its mod that you need to download and add to the folder.

There are around 4-5 set-up guides in this thread or check out the forums at www.dayzmod.com

Jelly 292 I think you update your first post on this thread with all the details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thanks guys! Playing the free version of ARMA 2 atm to try and get used to the controls. I normally don't touch PC games and mods but this just looks way too much fun to go without.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So one thing I can't figure out, how can you tell who is who?
    When I organise to meet up with somebody, I can't see their name, only open their type of back pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone else getting crappy visibility range after the new patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When I organise to meet up with somebody, I can't see their name, only open their type of back pack.

On veteran you dont see names, so like last night you had to trust me and yitsack :D

It depends on the level of difficulty of the server if their name shows up or not I think so only way to find out is to ask :)

It also seems that the increased number of zombies was not intentional
    Patch 1.5.7 and this being an Alpha and ****ing zombie spawns
    Okay, so still people don't realize this is an Alpha. If you do not know what this means - go look it up on wikipedia RIGHT NOW.

When I fix one bug, many can crop up.

I fixed some zombie spawning bugs, time syncing bugs, and now there are alot of zombies. This became apparent in testing, but rather than delay the patch release by a few days (too many people are helicopter dying) the update was released.

So yes, the zombie numbers weren't my intention - but now that it is here, let us see how they play out. Maybe we might actually learn something from it or maybe everyone just wants to jump to conclusions in the first ten minutes...

People are also sending him abusive emails complaing that the game has got too hard :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anyone else getting crappy visibility range after the new patch?

Servers may be forcing view distance on to you to help run the game, tbh you dont need much more than 800 view distance. If you flying an A10 then you need around 5000 but you wont need that in this mod :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

People are also sending him abusive emails complaing that the game has got too hard :confused:

People are idiots.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Servers may be forcing view distance on to you to help run the game, tbh you dont need much more than 800 view distance. If you flying an A10 then you need around 5000 but you wont need that in this mod :)

i know i just like being able to see where im going in the long term

I know ill be having a go at somestage tonight. I logged out near Elektro and If anyone is around are welcome to join, want to recon the city to check out the zombie situation.

If on the US5 server it should be bright (thank fuck!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Quick question

I have Arma 2 retail box, do I just need Operation Arrowhead addon to get this working?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I know ill be having a go at somestage tonight. I logged out near Elektro and If anyone is around are welcome to join, want to recon the city to check out the zombie situation.

If on the US5 server it should be bright (thank fuck!)

I'm still stuck in the church in Elektro and could do with some blood if you have any.

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm still stuck in the church in Elektro and could do with some blood if you have any.

I don't I'm afraid Ponster :(. I have plenty of bandages, morphine and painkillers though. I'm quite near the church (or mosque?), is it the one east of the town? I'm near the factory close to it (add my steam - Cravez)

ah this waiting for server to respond is going to drive me nuts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭Wossack

Auvers wrote: »
    Quick question

I have Arma 2 retail box, do I just need Operation Arrowhead addon to get this working?

yep

gamersgate cheapest atm @ about a tenner I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Wossack wrote: »
    yep

gamersgate cheapest atm @ about a tenner I believe

thanks

but its gone up to €15, must be due to the popularity of this mod

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARMA2OA/arma-2-operation-arrowhead

Going to purchase when I get home though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll probably be on for a bit tonight. I'm currently camped out near the NW airfield, and plan on looting that place for anything i can find before getting out of there. Seems to be bandit central at times. Though with the added zombies, it might be kind of tough.

Do smoke grenades cover you from zombies? I picked one up the other day and haven't used it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

umm Server for this thing runs Windows OS (only tested on Windows Server 2008)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement