Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Cinema is Open again

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Its website is still active

You could always give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Beasty wrote: »
    Its website is still active

You could always give them a call

Hehe, ehh that's a very good idea.*

*Curse you lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The phone numbers listed are for a recording of screen times. But its for week ending 7th march.

I'll give both numbers a ring shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

When I passed it yesterday there were no screen times up in the window which I thought was unusual. I normally walk past during a weekday when it's not open though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Jimdagym wrote: »
    The phone numbers listed are for a recording of screen times. But its for week ending 7th march.

On the recording he says "Friday the 1st of March to Thursday the 7th of March"

I reckon he meant to say April instead of March. An easy mistake to make with the change in month.

Well I rang both numbers and both just gave film times. I tried to 'book' a movie to try and speak to someone but no-one answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I know they where in a bit of trouble, money wise but didnt hear anything about it being closed

http://www.balbriggan.info/savoy_balbriggan_09Mar11.shtml

Good news to hear that they'll be staying open. I hope to see many many movies there with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

They are advertising a job there so it mustn't be closing

http://www.balbriggan.info/job_opportunities.shtml#jobs

• Advertisement

Can't believe the cinema is open nearly 5 years :eek:

As a frequent visitor to the weekend kids club with my 3 year old, it would be a terrible loss to the community. Perhaps us boardsies could help out with a monthly film club? Mightn't be much, but it could help.

*edit: 1000 posts!! :) *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Listings for Balbriggan Cinema are always on http://www.entertainment.ie

Like someone else said we should all try to make a bit of effort to support it so it doesn't close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robbo22

defo closed rang their new ownership and the old staff dont know wen it will be open again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

robbo22 wrote: »
    defo closed rang their new ownership and the old staff dont know wen it will be open again:mad:

oh no sad to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

That's sad, my kids used it regularly :(

Went down there tonight all set to see Killing Bono:(.

It's a real pity. I'm afraid I didn't go there very often but it is such a shame it is gone. If people are talking about new owners does it look like it might reopen? I hope it does.

Another Irish business bites the dust - this recession is a pain in the ass. Sympathies to all the people who have lost their jobs. Hope things look up soon for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Good news. The cinema is re-opening soon under new management.

DarrenG wrote: »

Great news. My young lad really missed his trip last weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭LimeTime

Thank god!! Love that place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Thank god, I was really looking forward to going tonight and all!!

I hope the new management keep the butter popcorn, its one of the few places in Dublin that still do it :cool:

• Advertisement

DarrenG wrote: »

Any idea how soon? That's great news. I must make sure to go a bit more often when it does reopen.

Definitely gonna try and start a boards ncd cinema club if there is enough interest once this re-opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

walked past the cinema last night and the film info ticker said "Closed due to flooding, re-opening 20th April".

dead air wrote: »
    walked past the cinema last night and the film info ticker said "Closed due to flooding, re-opening 20th April".

Just came on to post this. Great news. I'll defo be making a bigger effort to support this. I mean, BUTTER POPCORN!!:D

Film selection had gone to the dogs recently. hopefully they get it all sorted and I can get back to binging on butter popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Hi all I can confirm the cinema is reopening, just an issue with a bust pipe but its almost there! There is a new website which will keep you updated [url]HTTP://WWW.balbriggancinema.com[/url]. Fell free to drop any suggestions you have

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good luck to the new owners.
    Always enjoyed it ans will make an effort to go more often...

Hi all I can confirm the cinema is reopening, just an issue with a bust pipe but its almost there! There is a new website which will keep you updated [URL]HTTP://WWW.balbriggancinema.com[/URL]. Fell free to drop any suggestions you have

Fanta & coke in the machines instead of club orange. Machine fanta and butter popcorn is what makes life worth living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Allow customers to prebook seats. I cannot even begin to describe how annoying it is to have to arrive to a film up to 30 mins beforehand to start queueing so as to not end up in the front row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

I'll pass on all your comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement