Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting alarm cable during construction?

• 18-09-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just bought a house with a Europlex alarm and a scopetronic alarm pad.
    I’m extending my bathroom and need to cut an alarm cable (that was in the wall I’m moving)

I have no idea who installed this, there are no phone numbers or anything anywhere on it.

Will cutting cable trigger the alarm?
    Even if it’s not armed?
    Can I extend cable later? What kind of cable usually goes to sensors?

Don’t really care about the alarm right now, if it works or not.
    Just don’t want the alarm to constantly go off if it thinks it’s being tampered with.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

It could still go off, if you can find where the backup battery pack is stored and disconnect that you can then go ahead and cut the wire.

happened me, bought a house, had a panic button in one of the bedrooms, i thought the thing was disconnected, cut the wire. Alarm goes off

Panic ensued as I hadnt a clue what to do. Found a number on the alarm control panel and some very helpful guy talked me through how to disarm the battery. The box and battery were in the hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 crae

I have a big box in hallway.
    I assume that’s where the control board and battery is?

Since I know the code. I’m hoping that will disable alarm if I cut cable and alarm goes off?

Unfortunately I don’t have a number anywhere.
    Googled the alarm and get to a phone number i Dublin north. But tried ringing it all day with no response.

Don’t know if this company even exist anymore, it’s probably 15-20 years ago this alarm was installed.

Advertisement