Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Kitchen

Options
  • 24-05-2020 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just bought a 1 bed apartment that's in need of some renovations, first to be done is the kitchen , budget is limited around €4k. ( I'm quite handy and can install myself)

Anyone have recommendations for kitchen suppliers ? Had a look on IKEA website and prices seem reasonable but I'm not to sure of the quality...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

When we were thinking about it we were looking at these guys:

http://diykitchenshop.ie/shopping/mall/diykitchenshop/Homepage/

Didn't go with them in the end but they seemed sound and reasonably priced - for what its worth.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fulanoquetal

Express98 wrote: »
    Just bought a 1 bed apartment that's in need of some renovations, first to be done is the kitchen , budget is limited around €4k. ( I'm quite handy and can install myself)

Anyone have recommendations for kitchen suppliers ? Had a look on IKEA website and prices seem reasonable but I'm not to sure of the quality...

Thanks in advance!

I read some reviews which rated tge IKEA kitchens highly - not least because the assembly and fit was significanty better then others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Purgative wrote: »

http://diykitchenshop.ie/shopping/mall/diykitchenshop/Homepage/

Didn't go with them in the end but they seemed sound and reasonably priced - for what its worth.

Good Luck

I bought from these guys, all units were delivered assembled, all i had to do was fit them in to place.
    I reused the existing units were possible and added in some new units for integrated appliances and a new sink unit.
    I had an issue with the finish on the corner of two of the doors and they took them away and refinished them.
    The hinges are top quality, and the doors come drilled for them.
    I ordered all the handles from IKEA and drilled the doors and fitted them my self
    I'd recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Yes, IKEA is one of the best options that I use to get a variety of kitchen stuff. For kitchen cabinets, I also used the services of Unidoors. But no doubt, IKEA is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Baymax2020

If you'd re based in around Dublin I'd go with the panelling centre. They'll do out a full 3d plan for the kitchen. Quality is decent and if you tell them you are a carpenter and fitting yourself they should do trade price for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Express98

Purgative wrote: »

Good Luck

Went with these guys, thanks for the recommendations.

Got 6 quotes for the kitchen from different kitche suppliers and IKEA and they were the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Express98 wrote: »
    Went with these guys, thanks for the recommendations.

Got 6 quotes for the kitchen from different kitche suppliers and IKEA and they were the cheapest.

Great job. Hope it works well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

O&S Doors (trade) or RAM Interiors https://www.raminteriors.ie/

Advertisement