Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Make A Fast Food Restaurant List You Wish Ireland Had

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Can we do the opposite? List the ones that can f.r.o.?
    5 guys
    Nandos
    Kfc
    MacDonalds
    Starmucks

No loss if they all ceased to exist at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone that can do decent ribs tbh! Most are fatty and you've to struggle to get the meat off the bone. Ended up eating 2 full racks at the Nascar restaurant in Universal Studios in Florida. Bones slid out, no fat. Amazing. You'd think with the excellent quality meat we have here, someone would be able to do nice ribs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Lotteria

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Shake Shack
    In-N-Out
    Chipotle

We have Supermacs.

That said, some of those Japanese ramen chains should set up shop over here. More Korean fried chicken as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

We've enough of them.
    I say this as someone who likes fast food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

planet hollywood....when I was a kid, there was one in Stephens green and it was great.....many would disagree with me and I can see their point too. More or less fast food.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Vita nova

After seeing Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, I think I'd like to see at least a few White Castle outlets in Ireland. I like the look of the small square burgers and plain bread and that you get many small manageable burgers rather than one large burger. I've never tried them, so they may not live up to expectations.

Sorry, not a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

kenmc wrote: »
    Can we do the opposite? List the ones that can f.r.o.?
    5 guys
    Nandos
    Kfc
    MacDonalds
    Starmucks

No loss if they all ceased to exist at midnight

Where would all the cheeky people go if you got rid of Nandos.

Not sure if this counts, but I would love if we had an oriental food hall, like this.

https://www.bangbangoriental.com/

Basically a bunch of Chinese and Asian restaurants under one roof with seats and tables in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

Lotteria

Any Asian chain if they exist.Otherwise like me cooks.Please no yank versions of Asian food.They ain't got a fcuking clue

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

In-N-Out
    Cheesecake Factory
    Chipotle
    Dunkin Donut (for the coffee, they sell the donuts in some Spars I believe)
    Cinnabon
    Chick-Fil-A

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Long John Silvers

When you think about we don't have any exclusive fast food seafood places in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

Shake Shack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell, Panda Express and outback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Dunkin doughnuts or even Tim hortans.There is a Tim hortans in Belfast. The only Dunkin doughnuts iv seen in Europe was in Amsterdam.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

IHOP - International House Of Pancakes

Mind you, if Dublin had an IHOP I would probably put 3 stone on and become diabetic.

Wish we had far less Starbucks (absolutely rank “coffee”...)
    As another poster opined, Ireland has more than enough fast food outlets now.

As for 5 Guys - hugely overpriced, overhyped fare. I see their Blackrock place has closed down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Dunkin doughnuts or even Tim hortans.There is a Tim hortans in Belfast. The only Dunkin doughnuts iv seen in Europe was in Amsterdam.

We have Tim Hortons here, I reviewed it. It's quite good, though not as good as krispy kreme.

Glad we now have a doughnut place anyway!

https://youtu.be/fn0FhXEKL9A

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Taco Bell, Chipotle, Greggs, Pret, Cheesecake Factory.. and get rid of Nando’s, McDonalds and all the doughnut places!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Ichiran

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 18 Trump Derangement Syndrome

POPEYES Chicken

Taco Bell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Chilis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Chilli's kinda reminds me of Witherspoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

We need more Street food.
    Currywurst vendors especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

More kebab shops too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Outback Steakhouse.

Great variety of tasty food.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭chosen1

More kebab shops too

I would have thought there is plenty of these. You even see them in small villages throughout Ireland these days.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good kebab after a few beers but I would imagine 90% of their business comes from the after pub trade. Ironic seeing that most of these are owned by non drinking Arabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There’s a Johnny Rockets in the states that I presume Eddie Rockets is modelled on but the burgers are way nicer in Johnny Rockets.

Cheesecake Factory is the only other fast food place I’ve visited outside Ireland and it’s amazing, so yeah bring it here *drool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

A place that sells real Mexican food.

Th closest thing we have to that is El Grito in Dublin but even that is as Mexican as a spice bag is Chinese.

Advertisement