Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Townsend St exit from Tara Street Station

• 23-10-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

2 questions
    1) how do I access the exit to Townsend St as I come off a southbound train?
    2) what time does that gate close?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Cody OHare wrote: »
    2 questions
    1) how do I access the exit to Townsend St as I come off a southbound train?
    2) what time does that gate close?

Have you asked Irish Rail?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

7am to 10 am and then 4pm to 7pm, according to a similar thread from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

CatInABox wrote: »
    I had seen that, just wondering if there was any more recent insight. I'll tweet Irish Rail and see how I get on

CatInABox wrote: »
    I had seen that, just wondering if there was any more recent insight. I'll tweet Irish Rail and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

the times are still the same

there are separate exits from each platform for Townsend street

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »

the times are still the same

there are separate exits from each platform for Townsend street
    Tx for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I never knew there was access to Tara Street Station to and from Townsend Street!

Could anyone show me on google maps where this is? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thank you! I honestly never knew about this, always just entered and left Tara Street at George's Quay.

Every day's a school day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

7.00pm is still closing time. I frequently get train at 6.20pm or 7.20pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yep 7pm closure is a pain if you've been stuck late in a nearby office as I usually am and trying to catch the 7:03pm train to Clonsilla and have to sprint around to the quay to get it!!

I understand the need for preventing it from becoming an anti social magnet but 7pm is too early! I think 8pm should be evening closure as a lot of workers are still in the area prior to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its the handiest entrance for anyone coming from the south of the station itself. Surprisingly it doesnt appear as busy as the one on the quays. Youd nearly wonder do some people not know its there and are walking further than they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

ongarboy wrote: »
    I understand the need for preventing it from becoming an anti social magnet but 7pm is too early! I think 8pm should be evening closure as a lot of workers are still in the area prior to then.

Such a shame we have to limit services and have a sit down and die attitude to letting scrotes rule over us. I wouldn't mind but that entrance is less than 200 metres from Pearse Street Garda Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its the handiest entrance for anyone coming from the south of the station itself. Surprisingly it doesnt appear as busy as the one on the quays. Youd nearly wonder do some people not know its there and are walking further than they have to.

Mainly because the damn thing is closed for so much of the time.

Advertisement