Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

• 20-05-2007 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

This week outside Dungourney Co. Cork. A Triumph Mayflower, a Saab 96, a couple of Renault 4's and an old Land Rover (not in the picture) next to a house. There were a couple of vile purple coloured Talbot Sunbeam's too but I didn't think they were worth photographing tbh.:rolleyes: :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Great idea for a thread, Junky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks overdriver, I thought so too! Here are a few more I came across to get the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

mmm.....rusty

Cartoon_Head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I'm off to Cavan tomorrow, so I'll update the Nobber lunatic's latest collection.

I can't understand why these people won't do anything with them or give them to someone who will...

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭breanoh

Are the 4l's in bad condition Junkyard? Have been thinking of one to finish off the Childhood driveway (there was always a 4 and a 9 on the drive!

• Advertisement

I didn't look at them close-up breanoh, I just took the photo from the road, if your interested I can give you directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

why not send them in to Irish Vintage Scenes 'Laid to rust' section?

Another few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone sticky this!

My dads dad had a Ford Popular.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Hey Junkyard, are these all in Ireland???!!! if so, where is that Mk 10 Jag??? oh my god, my dream car!!!! And the Austins - i would be well interested in them too.....:)

• Advertisement

The Jag and the Daimler are in Drimoleague in west Cork, the mk 10 is handy money but needs a lot of work but was sound the last time I saw it. The Daimler is a poverty spec one with cloth seats so I wasn't interested and the Austin hearse is in the back of one of my garages almost restored.

Fair play on the Austin - no one seems interested in Hearses over here, or am I wrong? anyway, any pics of the restoration at all?? Was it a big job? cheers for the pics of the jag - how much exactly do you think it would go for???

I'd say 500 euros would buy the Jag but you'd want to know what your doing. There are about 10 people in the country interested in classic hearses as far as I know which is a real pity as Ireland is very well known world wide for it's hearses. There are about 8 still building hearses here for the Irish market and for export. Here's a couple of pictures of my next hearse restoration project.:) I haven't any on the hearse restoration, I just didn't get around to it tbh but I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What's the car I have arrowed?

HPIM1407.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

I think it's a golf cart or else if it's the one next to the Triumph, it's an old 5 series BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

junkyard wrote:
    I think it's a golf cart or else if it's the one next to the Triumph, it's an old 5 series BMW.

Cheers, Golf cart it is so! I thought it might have been one of those open 2CV based buggies...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

What is the car in the 2nd thread begining with CIF? Are all these cars still around or have they been crushed since. A55 hearse? isnt that rather small for a hearse? There is another venue in Dungourney that had loads of vintage cars years ago, including a consul convertible and a zephyr mark 1.

The CFI registered car is a Goggomobile or something, most of them are still around as far as I know. The Austin hearse is actually extended at the back, a very neat conversion and does the job quite well. The other venue you mention is Rigneys Garage in Dungourney, he collects classic cars himself and restores customers cars too.

Couldn't believe my luck to-day, I came across sheds full of classic cars, tractors and a steam engine!!! And all Irish reg. numbers, looks like they've been sitting there for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Cool .............and some period memorabilia.....and fan belts too ! :D

All Fords stuff............obviously in your own neck of the woods !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

The little blue CFI reg car is an NSU.

Just checking to see who know's what.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

I'm with Blue850, I was trying to work out the year by other FI regs and i've seen CFI 507 on a 105E so that put it between 1959 and 1967.

But its an NSU Prinz III, built between 1960 and 1962 although the model was replaced in 1961, very rare car by any stretch, great find.

Junkyard, as for your second lot of finds, how do you do it, i'd love to stumble across a garage like that, being an anorak i noticed the Ford has an AA truck badge on it for some reason.

Do you know of any original Irish Splitscreen Type 2's needing restoration around?

Regards
    Darren

DarenO wrote:

Do you know of any original Irish Splitscreen Type 2's needing restoration around?

Regards
    Darren
    There's a splitscreen camper van in Crosshaven for the taking, needs lots of work, I've told a few people about it but no one seems to be able to find the house. There's also 2 bubble cars sitting in a field not far from it and an old Wolsley in a shed there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

junkyard wrote:
    There's a splitscreen camper van in Crosshaven for the taking, needs lots of work, I've told a few people about it but no one seems to be able to find the house. There's also 2 bubble cars sitting in a field not far from it and an old Wolsley in a shed there too.

It's gone - I finally tracked it down a few weeks ago (sorry I meant to ring you)

I met the lady living in the house after knocking on a couple of doors.

She said It was pushed into a large hole in the ground when some well informed enthusiast pointed out it was worthless
    without the badge on the nose, they held on to it for a couple of years but with no interest ....:rolleyes:

We did consider stopping in ALDI on the way back for a metal detector :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junkyard wrote:
    Couldn't believe my luck to-day, I came across sheds full of classic cars, tractors and a steam engine!!! And all Irish reg. numbers, looks like they've been sitting there for some time.
    Nice Lanz Bulldog tractor there junkyard. AFAIK they could be run on used engine oil or any other low grade fuel. I'm open to correction but i think they had no reverse gear - the engine had to be stopped and run backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Nice Lanz Bulldog tractor there junkyard. AFAIK they could be run on used engine oil or any other low grade fuel. I'm open to correction but i think they had no reverse gear - the engine had to be stopped and run backwards.

..........I think you're right. I recall reading about the beast in Irish Vintage Scene.............great mag BTW, lots or terrific tractor info in there ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

G Luxel wrote:
    What is the car in the 2nd thread begining with CIF? Are all these cars still around or have they been crushed since. A55 hearse? isnt that rather small for a hearse? There is another venue in Dungourney that had loads of vintage cars years ago, including a consul convertible and a zephyr mark 1.

CFI is an NSU Prinz II or III

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mike65 wrote:
    Someone sticky this!

Done!

• Advertisement

Junkyard this one's especially for you.
    got the pic off a friend a year or two ago. he's into the american stuff. I think it was built by duffy's in 1962. tis a chevrolet Biscayne, i think. can't remember where it is, but i could find out if you like. best of luck with the daimler, btw. Is it a majestic major?

1962 Chevy Biscayne Hearse2.JPG

Advertisement