Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] 2015 Boards Photobook

• 22-02-2016 11:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Should we do the 2015 book soon?

If so then we can get back on schedule for the 2016 edition later in the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

CabanSail wrote: »
    Should we do the 2015 book soon?

If so then we can get back on schedule for the 2016 edition later in the year.

Yes, hopefully. Am happy to supply moral support. Doing actual stuff is a bit more difficult due to time and location.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

aidanic wrote: »
    Yes, hopefully. Am happy to supply moral support. Doing actual stuff is a bit more difficult due to time and location.

Distance???? Ahem ...... I am in a different hemisphere! ( I know what you mean though)

Moral support is good, immoral support can be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm afraid that this time I'm definitely unable to help due to work commitments and zero spare time :-( I'd love to participate though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Tiriel wrote: »
    I'm afraid that this time I'm definitely unable to help due to work commitments and zero spare time :-( I'd love to participate though!

I am happy to put the book together again (Editor) but cannot do other things as I am too far away.

Would you still be able to do some proof reading?

The roles which I think we need to be filled are;
    1. Project Coordinator
    2. Editor
    3. Finance and Orders
    4. Publicity
    5. Launch organiser
    6. Photowalk coordinator (if we do one)

The major job is the Project Coordinator who has to keep track of the project and liase with the publishers. It is the job that Tiriel has done so well the last few editions (along with finance and launch)

Volunteers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I am happy to put the book together again (Editor) but cannot do other things as I am too far away.

Would you still be able to do some proof reading?

Sure, just send it on when you're ready :)

• Advertisement

I can take on role (2) as Editor again.

Anyone else willing to do any of the other roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ceacg

I will help. What do you want me to do?

What can you do? The positions are open :)

I could do launch and help with other roles as needed?

Do we know if the book is going ahead this year?

• Advertisement

I am hoping it will but so far there is not a lot of enthusiasm.

Maybe a mention in the main forum as many do not not visit the sub forums.

Am not located in Ireland - but not as far distant as CabanSail.

#1 Co-ordination or #3 Finance and orders - I'll hesitantly volunteer for one of them.

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

This is not some sort of apology, but i really haven't a clue about any of the 'technical' stuff involved. No lack of enthusiasm from my side though. [maybe with lots of guidance and backup-support i could lend a helping hand or two]

I will handle getting the book itself ready for publication. Have the template already from the last edition. That is not a problem.

The main thing is someone to liaise with the publishers and then organise the finances.

After that it's the launch.

If some could promote the book it would also be great as the last edition had a really good price. Fingers crossed we can do it for the same amount this time.

I will handle getting the book itself ready for publication. Have the template already from the last edition. That is not a problem.

The main thing is someone to liaise with the publishers and then organise the finances.

After that it's the launch.

If some could promote the book it would also be great as the last edition had a really good price. Fingers crossed we can do it for the same amount this time.

I could liaise with the publishers if you want?

Can I suggest we open a submissions window between now and mid/end July, and use August to prepare the book, and a launch in September.

(And call it the 2015/2016 book).

Aidan

As long as we have the people to coordinate the project.

Tiriel has the contacts at the publishers and we would need to know if the price would be the same as last time.

A good friend asked to see the "2016" book over the weekend - it was a regular part of the Christmas dinner. Woops...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

aidanic wrote: »
    A good friend asked to see the "2016" book over the weekend - it was a regular part of the Christmas dinner. Woops...

The community here seems to have evaporated a bit...

Yes it is a shame.

Ready to compile another edition if the interest is there.

• Advertisement

Yes it is a shame.

Ready to compile another edition if the interest is there.
    a shame and a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Count me in if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

And me

We need to whip up some interest in the community. If there is then we may be able to publish the next edition.

I have the template ready to go.

Getting all the images in is like herding cats.

Then there is the finance management and the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Is this still alive or...?

It does not seem there is the interest to do it again. It is a pity. Glad I have a full set of past editions.

Sad to see an end to this series, was always a great part of christmas. I think it's from a time when the community was a lot closer knit (but not introverted), and the whole pix.ie interaction backed up and added to that feeling.

No more than yourself, glad to have the full set gracing my shelves.

Sad to see an end to this series, was always a great part of christmas. I think it's from a time when the community was a lot closer knit (but not introverted), and the whole pix.ie interaction backed up and added to that feeling.

No more than yourself, glad to have the full set gracing my shelves.

Met up with a photography-friend, who btw always wanted to but never contributed to the Boards photobook, this afternoon. She asked about the book again and i had to disappoint her.
    Off topic: She also mentioned missing pix.ie and said she would gladly pay for an account if pix.ie were up and running again.

• Advertisement

Yeah I miss pix.ie and the local feel to it.

There's maybe room for a photography site that allows for communities of photographers, camera clubs etc.

Not quite private, but not quite public either.

I just don't get the same personal interaction places like 500px or Flickr

Good to chat with you again btw!

Advertisement