Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Illness benefit problems since new form

• 15-08-2018 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm wondering has anyone had any issue receiving the above after the introduction of the new form?

I'm missing 3 weeks illness benefit but know the forms have been received due to sending by registered post

On hold now for half an hour to the illness benefit line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

I applied for illness benefit three weeks ago and have heard nothing. I'm not sure if this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ruger2012

I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

ruger2012 wrote: »
    I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid

Saw that on twitter, took an hour on hold to get through to the phone line today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Illness-Benefit-Customer-Update.aspx

"Wednesday 15 August 4.15pm - Update for Customers regarding some Illness Benefit Payment delay:

We are experiencing further delays in making payments to Illness Benefit customers this week. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.
    Those affected by this delay, who may be in need of urgent financial assistance, are welcome to contact their local Community Welfare Service at their local Intreo Centre.
    We will continue to assist and inform customers during this period via Social media - Twitter (@Welfare_ie), our website www.welfare.ie and our staff-operated customer phone-lines."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

I haven’t received this weeks payment bb2 hours on hold to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There are massive problems with Illness Benefit this week. You need to hang up and try to make an appointment tomorrow with the CWO to get an SWA because your probably not going to get sorted out by tomorrow close of business if you don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Illness benefit really is screwed up over the last couple of weeks.
    I received a full rate payment on the 7/8, then received a payment for 5 days on the 9/8 and a payment for 1 day on the 14/8.
    Currently on monthly certs and up to date on those.
    To date I have spent 8hrs on the Illness Benefit phone system without speaking to an agent :/

I spoke to a lady today after forty minutes on hold, she said they've only received the initial cert that I sent in not the following two. Now I don't know where I am

You all need to see the CWO today if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ruger2012

I messaged them via Twitter the other day and was assured a call back but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
    We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
    We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.

The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.

splinter65 wrote: »
    cobhguy28 wrote: »

The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.
    The person behind the counter would not of know that I support my girlfriend while she is out of work injured. He told her as it was Friday afternoon that the person who can write a check in an emergency would not be back till Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

In the same boat myself here. Stressed out.

No payment in over a week.

Left on hold for half an hour, half a dozen times, still haven't gotten through. Nobody replying to the email inquiry either.

Can anyone advise on how best I can get someone to address my query ? Was left short a day's pay on one of my certs due to the GP's secretary getting the date wrong on the intermed. cert. She corrected it on the face of the cert, but obviously it was missed by whoever processed it.

Thanks for any advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi all,
    I'm 3 weeks without illness payment. can't get through to the 1890 number so rang 017043000 and got through to an operator who passed me onto a complaints officer.
    our district cwo is on holiday until Sept (handy for her) so I've been trying every other cwo in leinster and no one answers.
    hopefully the complaints department will get the stick out and get them to call me...

Left on hold for half an hour, half a dozen times, still haven't gotten through. Nobody replying to the email inquiry either.

Can anyone advise on how best I can get someone to address my query ? Was left short a day's pay on one of my certs due to the GP's secretary getting the date wrong on the intermed. cert. She corrected it on the face of the cert, but obviously it was missed by whoever processed it.

Thanks for any advice...
    Same here now, no payment for a week. Went down to the Social office only to be told, It is nothing to do with them, you must ring the number. That no one answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Same problem here.
    Took me nearly 2 hours to get through to them. My payment usually goes in Friday or Monday at the latest.
    I just checked there and it has gone in now but i am missing one day's pay.

Their statement on their news update advises you to contact your local office if you need an urgent payment so i tried that yesterday but they never answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ckd

Today is the 23rd and last update they gave on Twitter was the 13th? Nothing since and still major problems. My payment isn’t in again this week! CWO no good to us because husband has an income but that covers food and most bills only. Less urgent bills will have to go unpaid until I get paid and I’v still a few bits to get for back to school so I may borrow from my dad.

Anybody get any decent answer when talking to them on the phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ckd

Today is the 23rd and last update they gave on Twitter was the 13th? Nothing since and still major problems. My payment isn’t in again this week! CWO no good to us because husband has an income but that covers food and most bills only. Less urgent bills will have to go unpaid until I get paid and I’v still a few bits to get for back to school so I may borrow from my dad.

Anybody get any decent answer when talking to them in the phone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Thanks for any advice...

Just to update - got a normal payment within 48 hrs.

Still no reply to my email. Still being left on hold forever.

This week I sent my cert as per usual, but with a written request attached to look into my previous query. Sent by registered post is... 8 :eek: Euro

Tonight have received my payment of 198, but in two separate amounts ? ? ?

I don't understand what the actual f is going on.

Well, at least I have something. I hope you all get a speedy resolution, without too much more stress. Good luck.

Just to update, it's now 5 weeks since I've applied. I'm still no further along. I've called numerous times and been on hold for over an hour and then cut off repeatedly. I have a meeting with the Community Welfare Officer this morning but I'm not sure how much he'll be able to help as the lady in social welfare office said they hadn't made a decision in my case.

I was told they would email or call me yesterday but never got nothing.
    I'm missing a days pay and I'm pretty sure I will have the same problem again after I sent my cert in on Wednesday.
    It's costing me money on phone calls and costing me money because direct debits are being returned.

It's hard enough being out sick from work without the stress of this.
    I have to go back to Doctor for a review to get new cert next week which will cost me €60.

It was due last week but I explained the situation and they gave me a cert but that would be the last one.
    So basically I have to pay €60 to get €198 which I probably won't even get due to this new system that clearly isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Got no payment this morning, their phone number isn't working. Rang local employment office who told me to ring a TD immediately, that no one seems to be able to get through. She said there were huge problems with the illness benefit since the form changed. Can't get answers from anyone as to where the hell my money is.

The Community Welfare Officer told me they think this will be sorted out by next week, he said he's not very hopeful though

NickD wrote: »
    The Community Welfare Officer told me they think this will be sorted out by next week, he said he's not very hopeful though

I don't understand why they change something that isn't broken as it is causing a lot of people much stress now, probably the people who work there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

For anyone close to there local office, I was told I could go into the office and use there phone to try and call the illness benefit department, rather than using my credit. I was also told though that very few people are actually having calls answered. I’m about half an hour away from my office, and so far I’m over paid so not going to be clogging up the phone line when I know loads of people have had no money at all.

Nothing in today again and still waiting on payment from 2 weeks ago. It's a disgrace. Can't pay for nothing and getting charged by bank again so it's costing me more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

New update on welfare.ie

This is a total joke.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Illness-Benefit-Customer-Update.aspx
    Customer Update 27 August 2018: Delays to Some Illness Benefit Payments

The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection recently introduced a new claim form (called “IB1”) and a new medical certificate (called “MED1”) to replace the previous MC1 and MC2 forms for certification of the Department’s Illness and Injury Benefit schemes. This change is part of a programme of modernisation in the Department’s Illness Benefit section which took effect from Monday 6th August.

Some GPs have continued to use the old forms after this changeover date. As the old forms are not compatible with the new system, they are causing significant delays to our application processing times, as each one requires manual inputting into the Department's payment systems.

The Department sincerely apologises to our customers for the impact of payment delays and wants to assure customers that it is doing all it can to bring payments up to date as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, payment delays will likely continue where old forms are used for certification.

Customers affected by a delay in their payment, and who are in need of financial assistance, should contact their local Community Welfare Service at their local Intreo Centre. Our Community Welfare staffs are aware of the payment delays and are already assisting customers affected. Customers who are unable to travel, by reason of illness or injury can contact their local Intreo Centre by phone and ask to speak with their Community Welfare Officer, who can make arrangement to assist them.

Further information

The Department would also like to be clear that, as before, patients do not need to pay a fee to receive the these claim forms and medical certificate (IB1 and MED1 forms) from their GP, as the Department pays the doctor an agreed fee to provide them.

Should any person seeking to make a claim for Illness Benefit or another scheme experience a difficulty in getting a claim form or a medical certificate from their GP, we would ask them to notify the Department directly.

The Department’s Illness Benefit section is currently receiving a very high volume of customer calls and we apologise that our phone wait times are very long at present.

Where to send your certificates/forms for Illness and Injury Benefit

Illness Benefit has always been administered centrally and the Department has a dedicated freepost address for customers to send their Illness Benefit forms/certs to “Social Welfare Services, PO Box 1650, Dublin 1”. For efficiency and convenience for our customers we are asking that they send their forms/certs to this address.

However, if forms/certs are sent into a local Intreo Centre or Social Welfare office, they will be forwarded to the Illness Benefit section and will be processed as normal.

Last modified:27/08/2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I just checked my bank account. They had already overpaid me on Thursday by €33 and now I see another full payment went in on Friday! It’s an absolute shambles. And my GP is still using the old forms so technically I should be one of the people having delays, rather than having money thrown at me. Going to head to an atm and take out as much of the extra as I can before I lose track and start spending it.

Advertisement