Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Right, signing off for the evening. Good luck tomorrow everyone, see you in McGrattans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭neilc

4 stars (good)
    Good luck everyone.
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Where's the photo of the boards-manned Pacer stand? :confused:

I couldn't see you guys for the 6-deep crowds that were around the stand when I had the camera out ;) Sorry!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    They were pretty much the busiest stall at the expo, and the smallest, and they were not selling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Best of luck to you all - may you all finish, get PBs and stay free from injuries!

The beer will taste all the more wonderful after all the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

3 stars (average)
    robinph wrote: »
    They were pretty much the busiest stall at the expo, and the smallest, and they were not selling anything.

Take note Lifestyle/Adidas (Asics 2011),
    busiest stand by far, a lot of people with a lot of questions.

Well done Boards Pacers, enjoy the run, (see you in McGrattans hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ Kyle Icy Robin

3 stars (average)
    Just after having a some pasta about an hour ago. Gonna have an early night tonight. Best of luck to everyone taking part tomorrow.

P.S. what are people's thoughts on parking in the 24hr car park on Sean McDermott St. (around the back of the Gresham) and walking over to Fitzwilliam Sq...??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

3 stars (average)
    Good look everyone in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

4 stars (good)
    Just a quick word of warning for anyone thinking of getting the bus in the morning. Dublin bus operate a Sunday service on public holidays so the earliest bus is around 8.30 am. If you were planning using the bus make alternative plans asap.

Best of luck to everyone...now as Eamonn Dunphy might say

Bring it on baby..Bring it on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

4 stars (good)
    The cameras Peckham (3:30 pacer) and I collected today for filming tomorrow. These will be collected by the DCM film crew post-race. Don't say you haven't been warned. Buena suerte amigos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Caprica

4 stars (good)
    Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow. Looks like it will be a nippy start but once we get moving it should be fine. Hope everyone gets their target times

Tunguska, I forgot how good the music was to Last of the Mohicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

Just a quick post to wish everyone best of luck...
    This forum has been really helpful for first timers like myself so thanks for all the advise...

All the best..
    I'm off to bed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Best of luck to all running this....hope ye all hit whatever target ye have. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.........well done on reaching the start line and enjoy the 26.2 miles

Remember All it takes is All ya got ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, hope the weather holds up for you all. Do your best to enjoy the day and remember if it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing....

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ergo

good luck everyone

also, GO TO BED and stop surfing the net! I always thought that for adults the feeling in the days coming up to the marathon is as close as you'll get to the childhood excitement about Christmas...enjoy it!

wish I was running tomorrow, already planning my tilt at Dublin 2011...in the meantime I'll be out shouting at ye tomorrow...can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Best of luck tomorrow everyone. Have a great run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Best of luck to you all tomorrow.

My predictions for the winners are as follows:
    1 Sokolov 2 Kedir 3 Kariuki 4 Toptun 5 Indongo
    Winning time of 2.10.20

1 Gromova 2 Stetsenko 3 Aryasova 4 Gelana 5 Tsatsa 6 Kireeva.
    I think that only for the cold weather, Gelana would be the winner.
    Winning time of 2.30.40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Peckham

Either I'm first up this morning, or the only one sad enough to turn on the laptop (actually I had a last minute panic thinking I had the wrong hotel in mind for the pacer meeting point, and needed to log on to find out where it was!)

Have never felt this excited and nervous on marathon morning. Pacing other people to their PBs is a lot more nerve-wracking than chasing your own PB! Didn't sleep particularly well last night, but that's all part of the marathon experience.

Have a fantastic day everyone - in particular those embarking on their first 26.2. Be nice to the pacers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

4 stars (good)
    Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Its a cold one, best of luck everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

4 stars (good)
    Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Adriana Enough Numismatist

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »
    Either I'm first up this morning, or the only one sad enough to turn on the laptop (actually I had a last minute panic thinking I had the wrong hotel in mind for the pacer meeting point, and needed to log on to find out where it was!)

Have never felt this excited and nervous on marathon morning. Pacing other people to their PBs is a lot more nerve-wracking than chasing your own PB! Didn't sleep particularly well last night, but that's all part of the marathon experience.

Have a fantastic day everyone - in particular those embarking on their first 26.2. Be nice to the pacers! ;)

Not on your own Peckham and feeling the exact same, see you in the 3.30 group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

4 stars (good)
    Hopefully the biggest battle of the day was getting up as it was not easy!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Good luck everyone, see you in a couple of hours :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »

Getting thanked 4 times shows you're not the only one on the computer. I had to do something to waste the nervous energy while munching on bagels!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

2 stars (poor)
    Sorry I'm sure this has been posted already but is it possible to track a competitor on the course and if so has anyone got a link please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Right goal number 1 of the day (getting up on time) has been achieved... Goal number 2 is to not leave my Oakleys hanging on a railing outside the Natural History Museum - the people this year mightn't be as nice as last year and hold onto to them until I realised they weren't on my head anymore!! Then the easy goal, just finish the damn thing!

It's cold out there but looks like a cracking day for marathon running! Good luck everyone!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

-3C this morning. WTF

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    xebec wrote: »
    Right goal number 1 of the day (getting up on time) has been achieved... Goal number 2 is to not leave my Oakleys hanging on a railing outside the Natural History Museum - the people this year mightn't be as nice as last year and hold onto to them until I realised they weren't on my head anymore!! Then the easy goal, just finish the damn thing!

It's cold out there but looks like a cracking day for marathon running! Good luck everyone!

Don't think you'll be needing sunglasses today dear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    Sorry I'm sure this has been posted already but is it possible to track a competitor on the course and if so has anyone got a link please?

Thanks

I theory you should be able to see the timinngs for us going past a few points on the course, probably 10k, half, 30k and finish, from here if you know their number:

http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp?pageType=1&id=3003

I've never actually been checking it during a race to see how it works though.

Advertisement