Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiqa inspection officers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

I got the confirmation email today. Assessment centre next Monday. Anyone have any idea how many place they're hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Maryorange

Did not get to stage 3 gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

assessment also next week, afaik its 30 they are looking to hire, not sure of the location split though

• Anyone do their second assessment today?

Anyone do their second assessment today?

I did. Think it went OK.

• Advertisement

• safc_pete wrote: »
    I did. Think it went OK.

Found the verbal and logical easier than the online but numerical harder, although that could have been just the added pressure!

Found the verbal and logical easier than the online but numerical harder, although that could have been just the added pressure!

Yeah I flew through those but was stuck for time on the numerical but that's pretty much the same as the one I did at home. Fingers crossed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Didn't make it through to Stage 3 myself but just curious as to the process. Were there many at the assessment centre? Did you do it in Cork or Dublin? Is stage 3 merely to confirm your score from stage 2 or will there be a further whittling down based on scores in stage 3?

Very disappointed to have missed out on this, got feedback from HR telling me I was 2 percentile points off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Didn't make it through to Stage 3 myself but just curious as to the process. Were there many at the assessment centre? Did you do it in Cork or Dublin? Is stage 3 merely to confirm your score from stage 2 or will there be a further whittling down based on scores in stage 3?

Very disappointed to have missed out on this, got feedback from HR telling me I was 2 percentile points off the mark.

Mine was in Dublin, yea was just to confirm your score basically just had to do the tests in a room with people supervising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Didn't make stage 3.

However, I got an email there the other day saying that they had decided to invite more people through, so I have the same tests as done at home, but under supervision. They want me to go to Cork on Friday which isn't a big deal at all, except I got a decent enough job yesterday, starting monday week, so not sure if I'll do it or not!

• Advertisement

• It's going to be at least Tuesday until we find out if we are through to next stage. Wonder why did they decide to bring more people through unless people failed the verification stage.

• Am raging with email I got today, it said my results didnt verify with the ones I took under supervision... I didnt receive the results so I have no idea where or what the discrepancy is but I am appealing it. Its actually insulting when they are implying that you cheated. Anyone else in the same boat??

I havent heard back yet can I ask what time you got your email?

• I havent heard back yet can I ask what time you got your email?

I got it at 3pm today. I really hoping that it's another mistake like the first email sent out saying not to complete the online tests as there's no come back for me to say I did both sets of tests , it's so frustrating

Am raging with email I got today, it said my results didnt verify with the ones I took under supervision... I didnt receive the results so I have no idea where or what the discrepancy is but I am appealing it. Its actually insulting when they are implying that you cheated. Anyone else in the same boat??

That sucks. I haven't heard anything yet so hopefully no news is good news.

@Dash Slimy Technique, that's harsh, sorry to hear it. I got an email last week inviting me to Stage 3 this Friday. Seems to me they're doing another round of stage 3 assessments which can't have been part of the original plan. I can only assume that a significant number of people didn't manage to match their online test scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

So have extra people been called back for tests in both Dublin and Cork? Still waiting to hear back from my assessment last week (Dublin)- but assuming it won't happen this week now if they're testing more people...

roe_cat wrote: »
    So have extra people been called back for tests in both Dublin and Cork? Still waiting to hear back from my assessment last week (Dublin)- but assuming it won't happen this week now if they're testing more people...

Can't speak for Dublin but i'm going to Stage 3 in Cork this Friday.

Just got an email to say that I'm going through to Stage 4. It's an assessment centre in the last two weeks in May.

safc_pete wrote: »
    Just got an email to say that I'm going through to Stage 4. It's an assessment centre in the last two weeks in May.

Congrats same here see you end of May!

• Advertisement

safc_pete wrote: »

Congrats. Any idea what is meant by assessment centre? Is it a group interview/written exercise?

Congrats. Any idea what is meant by assessment centre? Is it a group interview/written exercise?

In the booklet it says it may consist of a competitive interview, group exercises and written exercises. The email I got today didn't say anything else other than it would take place in the last 2 weeks of May.

Yay, got the email today saying i'm off to Stage 4. Same as above, will be an assessment centre day in the last 2 weeks of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sir Nonchalant

Hello,

I also applied for this role but only just found this thread. I received an email telling me about the assessment day on May 22nd, anyone else get it? Just wondering if it's just the one assessment day or if they'll be holding assessments for many candidates over a number of days.

Never done anything like this and didn't think I'd make it passed the previous tests so now I really don't know what to expect!

Yeah, i've a date for the 23rd. I'm fairly certain there will be a number of days set for people. Interview I can handle but have never done a group exercise or report writing exercise, should be interesting.

Great to get this far, best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sir Nonchalant

Cheers Bluethunder, it is good to get this far. Those numeracy tests have been my downfall in the past. Interesting that you got called in for a repeat of Round 3, I wonder what the numbers are like overall?

Also, the application form asks for a summary of secondary school results...I'll be damned if I can actually recall those at this stage.

Best of luck anyway.

Im in on the 27th so could be over the 2 weeks.

I'm on the 29th in Dublin.

Mine is in Cork, sounds like there could be a bit of a wait to hear the outcome if people have assessments the following week. Anybody have their day in Cork on the week starting the 26th?

• Advertisement

So they're probably doing one week in Dublin and one week in Cork...

Advertisement