Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Just got results for stage 3, passed and oom is 610, can someone send on the competencies for the interview ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

ayogdx wrote: »
    Ah here now I wish I never asked when the results are out.

Passed but I'm 600th, doubt that I'll see the interview room.

Why? What makes you think that? I'm 590 so keen to know your take on it!
    Just remember that lots of people will have applied from LC that may pull out now the results are out. Likewise people waiting on uni results etc...it may be closer than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Congrats to everyone who passed stage two. Unfortunately job simulation caught me out. There’s always next year 🀞ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

ayogdx wrote: »
    Ah here now I wish I never asked when the results are out.

Passed but I'm 600th, doubt that I'll see the interview room.

Considering they announced today that the plan is for 1500 additional Gardai by 2021 I’d say it’s safe to say you’ll at least get called for an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Everyone will get called for interview as has been said in previous threads, you will ALWAYS advance once you don't fail a stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

Congratulations to everyone that passed. I failed the logical reasoning unfortunately, passed all other 3 parts. Disappointed but I’ll focus on the next campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Congratulations everyone who passed onto stage 3 :) got oom 669 so bit of a wait now! Delighted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

For anyone who passed the July stage two, congrats. Did they say when your interviews would start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Eire_1600 wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone that passed. I failed the logical reasoning unfortunately, passed all other 3 parts. Disappointed but I’ll focus on the next campaign.

Same here, I failed the report writing! This was my second time to go for the AGS! Just think of the positives of the experience and apply any changes you make for the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

For anyone who passed the July stage two, congrats. Did they say when your interviews would start?

Nope, just said they've called 161 people for interview to date and will call more throughout the year :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Congrats to.everyone who passed. Ranked 684. Anyone have any idea how long we be waiting for an interview? ðŸ‘

job seeker wrote: »
    Same here, I failed the report writing! This was my second time to go for the AGS! Just think of the positives of the experience and apply any changes you make for the next time!

At least they announced the recruitment of 1500 gardaí by 2021. We can use this experience from stages 1 & 2 and improve on it for the next campaign. Hopefully it will begin sooner rather than later. Again, Congratulations to everyone that passed. Good luck with interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Eire_1600 wrote: »
    At least they announced the recruitment of 1500 gardaí by 2021. We can use this experience from stages 1 & 2 and improve on it for the next campaign. Hopefully it will begin sooner rather than later. Again, Congratulations to everyone that passed. Good luck with interviews.

Exactly! :) We've nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Just an fyi

Group A completed stage two in May, they are the ones that are getting interviews first, I’m oom 540 in group A and I have been told November/December. I called PAS today and they said that group As interviews need to finish before they start on group B

I’m presuming group B was the group that passed stage 2 just last month, I’m not sure how many people passed stage two from group A

I reckon it will be at least next year before group B start getting interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Just an fyi

Group A completed stage two in May, they are the ones that are getting interviews first, I’m oom 540 in group A and I have been told November/December. I called PAS today and they said that group As interviews need to finish before they start on group B

I’m presuming group B was the group that passed stage 2 just last month, I’m not sure how many people passed stage two from group A

I reckon it will be at least next year before group B start getting interviews

I sat my Stage 2 in June and placed 355 on the oom, does that make me Group A or Group B? Cheers

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I sat my Stage 2 in June and placed 355 on the oom, does that make me Group A or Group B? Cheers

Beginning of June? Group A

Beginning of June? Group A

It was towards the end of June, must be Group B so, thanks!

AF96DUB wrote: »
    It was towards the end of June, must be Group B so, thanks!

No worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TQ98

Failed job sim on stage 2, gutted cause I was confident coming out of the exam, does anyone know how I go about getting feedback and possibly a re check? Also will there be another recruitment next year for sure? Well done to everyone that passed

TQ98 wrote: »
    Failed job sim on stage 2, gutted cause I was confident coming out of the exam, does anyone know how I go about getting feedback and possibly a re check? Also will there be another recruitment next year for sure? Well done to everyone that passed

I failed the logical reasoning unfortunately, passed all the other parts. I was surprised at failing that part as I thought it would be the report writing that would catch me out! There will definitely be another campaign next year as they need 1500 by 2021. We can use our experience during this campaign next time and hopefully it’ll work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Those who did interviews in the first batch, the results are out today! Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Any idea lads if the second batch have been given dates for interviews yet?

Lcass wrote: »
    Any idea lads if the second batch have been given dates for interviews yet?

yeah they went out around a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Anyone preparing for interviews at this stage I would strongly recommend the Garda IP course! I did mine with Noel John and i did very well in my interview. On a one to one course your application is given the right attention to give good examples to match your competencies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Just got accepted to Stage 2, I completed Stage 1 just before it was due after forgetting about it!

I doubt Career Services are running any prep courses between now and the 2nd of October.
    Has anyone gone with the online course, how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I purchased the career services prep course, well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

MrMiata wrote: »
    Just got accepted to Stage 2, I completed Stage 1 just before it was due after forgetting about it!

I doubt Career Services are running any prep courses between now and the 2nd of October.
    Has anyone gone with the online course, how did you find it?

I see there is an online one, I was thinking about it but not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

I’m booked for the 2nd of October at 14:45. I read somewhere to attend the PSA 15 mins earlier before you start, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    I’m booked for the 2nd of October at 14:45. I read somewhere to attend the PSA 15 mins earlier before you start, is that true?

Yep, just to make sure you check in at the desk is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

SquireD wrote: »
    Yep, just to make sure you check in at the desk is all :)

Guys on the email it says we leave personal belongings in a room, is it safe in the room? Was traveling with a friend who’s had to change her flight so now isn’t coming up to Dublin and worried about my stuff? (I’m from cork, not a lover of Dublin 😂)

Advertisement