Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ashling Thompson case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Sardonicat wrote: »
    No it's not easy to see how it happened. She launched an unprovoked attack on another woman for talking to the man she was with. In no way is that easy to understand. What her victim did about her injuries has no bearing on the viciousness and unacceptable nature of the assault.

It's very easy to see how it happened

I wasn't saying she was right to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I have relations living in the same village as her, they say she has an unreal reputation there, rough as f~~k is the phrase that was used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Id ride her all day
    I'd be more interested in her t*ts!
    Gatling wrote: »
    She can beat me anyday

And thanks to guys like you, even pug-ugly skangers can get the lovin too :D

She looks like a man, dressed in drag, with horrific fake tan. And she's a violent psycho bitch as well. You guys really love draining the bottom of the gene pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

gctest50 wrote: »
    It's very easy to see how it happened

I wasn't saying she was right to do it

I don't see it! How is it easy?

dotsman wrote: »

She looks like a man, dressed in drag, with horrific fake tan. And she's a violent psycho bitch as well. You guys really love draining the bottom of the gene pool!

You ok hun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I don't see it! How is it easy?

It was quarter to three in the morning, the other one saw Aishling Thompson talking to a man.
    Ms.Coakley knew the man.

"Ms Coakley approached a man in the nightclub who was talking to Ashling Thompson.
    Ms Coakley knew the man but she wasn’t acquainted with the GAA player "

GMSA wrote: »

They seem like a lovely family, "she couldn't help it 'cause she's a psycho too", sweet jesus

gctest50 wrote: »
    It was quarter to three in the morning, the other one saw Aishling Thompson talking to a man.
    Ms.Coakley knew the man.

None of the estsblishrd facts make it easy to understand how an adult would launch a physical attack on another adult. Unless you believe Ms. Thompson is a female equivalent of Begsby who one must expect to react violently to situations that she perceives as disrespectful to herself, especially when drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Certainly she should stay off the grog. Doesn't agree with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

None of the estsblishrd facts make it easy to understand how an adult would launch a physical attack on another adult. Unless you believe Ms. Thompson is a female equivalent of Begsby who one must expect to react violently to situations that she perceives as disrespectful to herself, especially when drunk.

Thugs gonna thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just reading in Today's paper an interview with this girl.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed it but not once in the interview does she apologise for the assault but only talks about how it affected her.

She endured nothing from what I can see. Once she's paid the 6 grand it's forgotten about.

Nothing against the girl and I hope she gets on with her life but she only talks about how it has affected her.
    Thoughts.

No wonder were ****ed as a society

Says more about media in Ireland and the Independent group in particular than society in general. Complete rag, worshiping and glorifying D list Irish celebs and people like property developers and chefs as if they are doing something important or beneficial to society. I wouldn't eat my chips put of it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Correct, haven't bought it in 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

She needs to acquaint herself with more salubrious nightime venues. Reardons is Corks version of Coppers. Overpriced overcrowded and overrated. The place is a cattle mart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

GoneHome wrote: »
    They seem like a lovely family, "she couldn't help it 'cause she's a psycho too", sweet jesus

Hate this, people behaving in a totally unacceptable way and it being explained as passion for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

She needs to acquaint herself with more salubrious nightime venues. Reardons is Corks version of Coppers. Overpriced overcrowded and overrated. The place is a cattle mart.

Subtle Calvin and Hobbes reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭Allinall

No it's not easy to see how it happened. She launched an unprovoked attack on another woman for talking to the man she was with. In no way is that easy to understand. What her victim did about her injuries has no bearing on the viciousness and unacceptable nature of the assault.

How do you know it was unprovoked?

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know it was unprovoked?

She was not acting in self defense. No one hit her first. She threw the first blow. She threw the only blows. What would you consider provocation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭Allinall

She was not acting in self defense. No one hit her first. She threw the first blow. She threw the only blows. What would you consider provocation?

Words can be provocative.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

She is a scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Allinall wrote: »
    Words can be provocative.

They have this new fancy thing called a court, this is where such defenses can be offered. No such defense was offered, however I suspect you already know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

I am from Cork and I celebrated wildly when Cork won the camogie All-Ireland's that Aishling Thompson was part of but she is an utter disgrace in my opinion.
    I wouldn't defend her for a second. Some Cork people have been defending her and the same people probably wanted Diarmuid Connolly hung, drawn and quartered when he decked that fella in the pub.
    The double standards make me sick. Thompson is an out and out thug and a lot of other stuff has come to light about her in the last few months. She viciously assaulted an opposition player off the ball while playing for her club but got away with it because the ref didn't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Water John wrote: »
    Wouldn't comment on her in other threads, until the case was dealt with.
    Yeah she's a very good looking and talented girl who has had issues in her life.
    AFAIK she wouldn't be popular with her team mates which is one indicator. Certainly has anger issues and refs find her difficult. She does need to do a serious rethink and reset of her attitude esp for her own benefit.

I wish her well.
    What? Why? And it's hilarious the way people are saying "she's good looking" as if that's a mitigating factor. One person said "fair enough, she's good looking" - and? That has zero relevance.

This is the kinda thing that leads to the double standard, but it ain't women propagating it.
    dotsman wrote: »

She looks like a man, dressed in drag
    Ah that's too much the other way.

But her behaviour was appalling, that's all there is to it. And now her attitude stinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lot of stupid ***** in the country, no offence. If you play football/hurling/camogie you can do no wrong in the eyes of the judge. (I play football still)

Btw I have sat in corporate hospitality the last 2 days in Croker. Sickening status is given to GAA players above all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Just reading in Today's paper an interview with this girl.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed it but not once in the interview does she apologise for the assault but only talks about how it affected her.

She endured nothing from what I can see. Once she's paid the 6 grand it's forgotten about.

Nothing against the girl and I hope she gets on with her life but she only talks about how it has affected her.
    Thoughts.

No wonder were ****ed as a society

Says more about media in Ireland and the Independent group in particular than society in general. Complete rag, worshiping and glorifying D list Irish celebs and people like property developers and chefs as if they are doing something important or beneficial to society. I wouldn't eat my chips put of it.....

Key point is media still help shape society's behaviour and attitudes. the fact that we're at the point of repeatedly printing this drivel on once reputable news outlets is reflective of society as a whole. Why, cause people are buying it and lapping up this sh1t.

Media in ireland are just taking lead from uk as we tend to do with broadcasting generally. Still haven't stooped to daily mail levels but we're getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

AT has a good bit of sympathy for herself in the interview, complains that there wasn’t ‘protection’ for her, that there would be more for men. This is someone who committed two assaults! Delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I wonder how long til we see her in front of a judge again. Says so much about today's Ireland: It's all about me and the effect on me. To hell with the victim.
    Pity she didn't think about her victims mental health when her elbow hit her jaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

lukin wrote: »
    I am from Cork and I celebrated wildly when Cork won the camogie All-Ireland's that Aishling Thompson was part of but she is an utter disgrace in my opinion.
    I wouldn't defend her for a second. Some Cork people have been defending her and the same people probably wanted Diarmuid Connolly hung, drawn and quartered when he decked that fella in the pub.
    The double standards make me sick. Thompson is an out and out thug and a lot of other stuff has come to light about her in the last few months. She viciously assaulted an opposition player off the ball while playing for her club but got away with it because the ref didn't see it.

Our justice system is such a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

GoneHome wrote: »
    I have relations living in the same village as her, they say she has an unreal reputation there, rough as f~~k is the phrase that was used

My girlfriend plays camogie with her in that village and says that she’s sound. Great hurler and fairly ‘powerful’ on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

she needs to learn discipline, respect for herself and ithers and realise that playing gaa doesnt make you any more special than anyone else

Advertisement