Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Exodus (PC, PS, XB)

• 13-06-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Announced this week at E3, Metro Exodus is the third game in the series, based on the novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

The game picks up a little while after Metro: Last Light’s enlightened ending, which the team considers canon. We’ll still be playing as Artyom, but this time we’ll be setting out from Moscow and traveling East across Russia to find somewhere safe to live.

Source

The article has some nice info. For example, it says the structure will be similar to LL, in that there'll be a mix of linear levels and open sections. This time though, the open sections will be much bigger. Enemy AI is being changed to accommodate the larger areas, with beasties able to wander around freely. There'll be a day/night cycle in Exodus, although we don't know how/if this will affect gameplay.

The first two games were great, so naturally a lot of us will be looking forward to this (release date is sometime in 2018). I was especially excited to read that the design mantra for the game is "STALKER meets Metro". Yes please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Not much to add, except I am delighted to be getting another Metro game. I'm glad they don't seem to be going full-on open world though as I really liked the scripted linearity and the claustrophobic tunnel setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i have the first 2 Metro Games on the PS4,havent played them yet,all ive heard is good things,was a massive fan of Stalker back in the day,so anything trying that game style has to be welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say this is one of the best looking games I have ever seen on a console, I bet you will need a MONSTER PC to play it......deffo day one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Previous Metros when they came out needed a bit of power to run at very high.

Decent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Speaking of the originals,the redux PC bundle is on sale on bundlestars for the next 12hrs for €7.50

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/metro-redux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Previous Metros when they came out needed a bit of power to run at very high.

Decent games.

Yeah they did but the 1st one was very badly optimised, I played the others on console.

But this does look amazing, the XB1X looks to be a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I loved the first 2 metro games. Loved the claustrophobic atmosphere and linear setting. Just hope that isn't ruined by going open world and it just becomes a bad fallout clone..

Its not open world, its still linear just the area may be bigger ie not a tunnel.

Assume more of the outdoor part before the church in Last light.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

specs needed are quite high

http://metrothegame.com/pcspecs/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Console version it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The recomended specs lists these days are hit and miss imo. Half of them stink of marketing deals with hardware manufacturers.

Epic store exclusive.

Shame was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Epic store exclusive.

why cant you play it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Epic store exclusive.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

If you go here you can download the Epic Store. Very easy process.

Here's a YouTube video on how to do it if your stuck.

https://youtu.be/t-tLE4BYykM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Are the metro games worth playing? I got metro 2033 for free back in 2012 but never got around to it. Worth a play through? poorly dated?

They are one of the best on-rails shooters going and still look gorgeous today as even at the time they needed a high spec machine and have also been remastered since

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Metro games are amazing and usually I have a rule of not buying games on launch, but I might do it an exception.

why cant you play it now?

Epic store at the moment makes GFWL looks decent.

I mistakenly got Ashen on it as I was looking forward to it. Best of luck trying to play Coop in that game, at least SteamWorks work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Epic store exclusive.

Only a one year exclusivity tied to the deal. I suspect many (if not all) of these Epic Store 'exclusives' are timed. Will be interesting to see how it handles a AAA title on launch day - uPlay still shíts the bed on big title launch days and that's being going years.

pulled the trigger on Steam to ensure it's on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Epic = sale lost from me, same with ashen which I was following for a long time. Same division 2 but wasn't a fan of the first one so no loss there j suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The amount of cool games out in February is unreal, there's at least 5 I want to play including this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've always had a difficult relationship with the Metro games when I play them they start of amazing but I get tired of them. Still this does look fantastic god damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

to be fair its cheaper on the epic store

But! Consider the situation deeper. Someone says that they say they crap Exodus and the previous games in the series, it will make the world better, they will put greedy developers in their place. To this I can answer that in a pinch, if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC. Better or worse, decide for yourself. I personally feel sorry for the loyal fans, yes. But my assessment of the work done personally by me and my friends and colleagues will not change this. I firmly know that almost everyone who pours this dirt on the net is also incapable of a bit of what we have done and hopefully do more. And that means they have no idea what they are talking about.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/4a-games-developer-if-metro-exodus-does-not-sell-on-the-pc-the-next-metro-will-not-come-out-for-it/

Someone needs a saucer of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

A nu chiki-briki i v damki!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

A game dev getting butthurt and having a go at potential customers! I'm sure that will work out just fine............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Seems like they've created a self fulfilling prophecy, they put the game on a pc service other than steam (and in particular the epic/Fortnite) store, and expect it to sell like crazy.

Advertisement