Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Anyone know if argos waterford is open today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if Omni santry Argos is open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Their website appears to be down this morning, despite their twitter saying online is still open

What Twitter account says they are still open online?

I don't think we'll see Argos Ireland operate for a few weeks at least. Their Irish web site was not geared for deliveries and lagged behind the UK version. So, with the Argos UK stores also largely closed - their focus will be keeping their online operations up and running.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JDxtra wrote: »
    What Twitter account says they are still open online?

Argos twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/Argos_Online/status/1242239205566185480?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JDxtra wrote: »
    That refers to UK stores.

Theres is no Irish twitter account.

I'm referring to the website, as plainly stated in the post you quoted.

Im not referring to any physical store

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sheldon16

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Anyone know if argos waterford is open today ?
    Anyone know if Omni santry Argos is open

Text received last night, luckily I can collected my order yesterday

Following government advice, Argos stores are now closed. This means we have had to cancel your reservation. We are working to get our website and delivery services open as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your support and understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My friend works in a Limerick Argos, got a text saying the shop was closed from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Home delivery is still available according to argos.ie

Think that's all just bulky items like furniture and white goods, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I picked up my item in Clonmel yesterday and the young man who served me said they would be closed soon - I’d say they are all closed, they are no essential businesses in relation to health, only us wanting to keep busy at home.

• Advertisement

Web site is up, but you can't order anything. Not even bulky items.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I picked up my item in Clonmel yesterday and the young man who served me said they would be closed soon - I’d say they are all closed, they are no essential businesses in relation to health, only us wanting to keep busy at home.

I would have thought that because they offer some diy/hardware stuff they may have fallen under the exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's a very short notice on their website about stores being closed but online orders can be processed. However when you click on it you are redirected to the UK site and then get the following message. Its as clear as muck whether that applies to Ireland or not
    Following the Government's announcement, we have temporarily closed all our stores. This also includes our in-store reservation and pick-up options. You can still order selected items online, for home delivery.

Here to help
    Our customer service operators are available on 1800 535 091 (landline) or 015245387 (mobile). Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday & Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Argos have never supported the Irish website properly.
    You'd always have to go on to the UK site to get better pictures. Even the way they do offers seemed to be better laid out on the UK site.

Like a lot of UK businesses, they seem to forget about their Irish stores or that Ireland is a different country with different laws etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Argos website down for the last couple of hours. I wonder are they updating their site for Irish delivery

Argos website down for the last couple of hours. I wonder are they updating their site for Irish delivery

Argos ireland on eBay is an option

http://www.ebaystores.ie/argos-ireland

But they charge 7 euro postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Argos have never supported the Irish website properly.
    You'd always have to go on to the UK site to get better pictures. Even the way they do offers seemed to be better laid out on the UK site.

Like a lot of UK businesses, they seem to forget about their Irish stores or that Ireland is a different country with different laws etc.

B&Q don’t even have a website for Ireland, Halfords only got rid of GB stickers and yellow number plate screw covers in the last few years.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    B&Q don’t even have a website for Ireland, Halfords only got rid of GB stickers and yellow number plate screw covers in the last few years.

Was it Game, when they were shutting down here, gave Irish staff info with UK legislation? I remember some company doing it.

They probably realised it was daft having a website where nobody can actually buy anything. I would not expect they are going to go to any effort here. I think they'll be closed for until restrictions are lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I remember being in TK Maxx and they were selling L plates and P plates for your car. L is fair enough, but P plates are only for UK. You'd wonder if they ever sold one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Was it Game, when they were shutting down here, gave Irish staff info with UK legislation? I remember some company doing it.
    HMV didn't honour any Irish vouchers after they closed down. They were taken over and thought they would, but no. Apparently there was a small window that other stores accepted them but I was away.

I guess things like those mentioned above will all be tightened with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

May have been posted already and I missed it but Argos is back online offering selected items for home delivery

https://m.argos.ie/home

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

May have been posted already and I missed it but Argos is back online offering selected items for home delivery

https://m.argos.ie/home

€17.95 for deliver outside Dublin :eek:

Very selected (i.e. nothing!). I do like having the option of buying from Argos, but whoever is running their Irish operations hasn't a clue. The web site has been ignored for years and is held together with sticky tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I tried a mock order for a kettle for delivery outside Dublin and the delivery fee was €4.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I tried a mock order for a kettle for delivery outside Dublin and the delivery fee was €4.95.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8709217/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

I did a mock order for a small coffee machine that was a bargain at €36.99 and the delivery quoted was €17.95

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They deliver f all here, as is noted advice the irish website is **** and wasn't updated like the UK onecwas when they spruced up their fonts and imaging. It's not even optimised for mobile FFS.

Can't even get a lot of stuff delivered to parcel motel from the UK site either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I ordered a wardrobe last week. Got sent a text to arrange delivery. Spent hours on hold on the delivery line. Anyone have any success with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

94.6% positive feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

94.6% positive feedback.

Advertisement