Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Is there anything worthwhile to spend Vodafone credit on apart from play store? Not sure if original post has been updated recently

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Just got a payment declined for stadia, and three credit is no longer listed as a payment option. But I wonder is it related to the issue three are having at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭go4it

Etnies wrote: »
    Is there anything worthwhile to spend Vodafone credit on apart from play store? Not sure if original post has been updated recently

trying for 5 days to buy the 15e unimited minutes add-on( TALK to 50233) but no joy;
    the vf rep says is a technical issue with the new software platform, but i know better - they want me to use up my build-up credit on out-of-bundle ripp-off tariff

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

go4it wrote:
    trying for 5 days to buy the 15e unimited minutes add-on( TALK to 50233) but no joy; the vf rep says is a technical issue with the new software platform, but i know better - they want me to use up my build-up credit on out-of-bundle ripp-off tariff

This happened me not long after the new app. I went on chat and got them to apply it to my account and they took the credit. You might have to try a few times on chat to get somebody decent to do it but they can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone know if three credit is going to work for Disney+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Hi all is the PIA vpn any good for Netflix? I had a look through this thread but i don't think this question was asked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

calnand wrote: »
    Just got a payment declined for stadia, and three credit is no longer listed as a payment option. But I wonder is it related to the issue three are having at the moment.

Same situation! Been on to Three and Google, Three saying no attempt was made to claim the money and Google don't seem to be worried that it didn't go through straight away.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

go4it wrote: »
    trying for 5 days to buy the 15e unimited minutes add-on( TALK to 50233) but no joy;
    the vf rep says is a technical issue with the new software platform, but i know better - they want me to use up my build-up credit on out-of-bundle ripp-off tariff

Did you try buying it through the app? Worked for me a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Cynortas wrote:
    Hi all is the PIA vpn any good for Netflix? I had a look through this thread but i don't think this question was asked yet?

Depends where you're trying to access.it worked for the US the last time I tried it, but found it hit and miss being honest. Bought a getflix sub, haven't looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gmisk wrote: »
    Anyone know if three credit is going to work for Disney+?

prob won't know till launch? When is that btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

mrcheez wrote: »
    prob won't know till launch? When is that btw?

24th March

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Disney+ works for me

Now if Roku could hurry their ass up with the app that's be great

edit: add the app here https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/291097/disney-plus

ShaneU wrote: »
    Disney+ works for me

Now if Roku could hurry their ass up with app that's be great

fantastic...dont have my phone on me now but how much is monthly for Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mrcheez wrote: »
    fantastic...dont have my phone on me now but how much is monthly for Disney?

€6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Disney works with 3 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭go4it

Just payed 6.99 for 1 month with vodafone credit

matchthis wrote: »
    Brill just signed up

Gonna sign up tomorrow so that the charge begins on the 1st of each month.. or can anyone verify if the first charge starts on 1st if I sign up today?

Afaik the 7 day trial runs out on 31st

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

matchthis wrote: »

How do I do this? I just subbed but it seems to be linked with my Apple account which uses my debit card but
    I have loads of excess 3 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ruth123456

gmisk wrote: »
    Brill just signed up

It says phone not compatible with this version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I just signed up there with my 3 Sim, I had an error in the Disney plus app, but i got an email to say it went through and my account is active on Disney when I tried to log back in, so hopefully all good
    Loughc wrote: »
    How do I do this? I just subbed but it seems to be linked with my Apple account which uses my debit card but
    I have loads of excess 3 credit.

I think you need to have an android phone

https://www.three.ie/pay-by-mobile/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Sweet now I have google drive, google play music and disney + to nicely use up my monthly top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone have slot for 1month?. Would like to try it first and see is it any good for me. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone have slot for 1month?. Would like to try it first and see is it any good for me. Thanks

There is a 7 day free trial.

ruth123456 wrote: »
    It says phone not compatible with this version?
    Worked no issues with me.
    Xaomi is phone.
    Also installed and working on Amazon fire box

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am trying to pay for full year but getting message - Purchase exceeds your transaction limit. Contact your service provider.

With 3, anyone knows whats the max limit? Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I am trying to pay for full year but getting message - Purchase exceeds your transaction limit. Contact your service provider.

I believe it is €30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I believe it is €30

That's Vodafone, 3 is higher.

I know it's more than €44, seems to be less than €70.
    You can only do it monthly so.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Think it might be €50 from experience. Buy a €15 Google Play Store gift card. You can get them in Tesco. Apply to your account and then you will be able to pay the balance with your Three credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Quackster wrote: »
    Think it might be €50 from experience. Buy a €15 Google Play Store gift card. You can get them in Tesco. Apply to your account and then you will be able to pay the balance with your Three credit.

May need to buy €20. Yearly is €69. Good tip :)

Advertisement