Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rathmines Houses for sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder is the facade of the house protected? The windows look old.

The house is split in two, so I'm assuming cash buyer, as I'm unsure it a bank will give a mortgage for two separate properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

the_syco wrote: »
    I wonder is the facade of the house protected? The windows look old.

The house is split in two, so I'm assuming cash buyer, as I'm unsure it a bank will give a mortgage for two separate properties?

Wonder why they don't sell it as two properties then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

kevinc565 wrote: »
    Why is this house so cheap considering it has a seperate 3 bed flat included in the sale price?

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/10-castlewood-avenue-rathmines-dublin-6/4385580

Btw. It's just the basement of the house is separate from the other 2 floors. It was common to this in 80's and 90's but now most buyers would want one family house and convert the basement back into main house which would cost a bit.

Also Castlewood Avenue always has traffic built up on it in parts which I think keeps price down compared with its quieter neighbouring roads.

And is €1m that cheap for a terraced house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's gorgeous and I can see a bidding war when it's that price. I'd assume plenty of remedial work will be needed as it looks untouched for decades. That will need to be priced in by potential buyers.

I looked at a similar property on Synge Street a few years ago (asking price was already out of our reach) and we kept in touch with the estate agent.
    The EA kept us apprised of the bids and it eventually went for 400,000 over asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

There isn't a chance that's going to sell for €995k. Will probably end up closer to 1.4 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Not sure how often googlemaps updates streetview but there is a for sale sign on the house in it. Wonder how long it has been on the market

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

Not sure how often googlemaps updates streetview but there is a for sale sign on the house in it. Wonder how long it has been on the market
    At the top left under the address, is a link to all streetview instances for that spot.

The last update here was July 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That one has been up for sale a few time. Incredibly busy road, going to get much busier if BusConnects is implemented. The rear garden has been completely compromised. The bedrooms must be tiny, realistically the top floors of those houses accommodate 2 god bedrooms, one middling bedroom and a bathroom. The single family bathroom is in the eaves and unlikely to satisfy family buyers. It would make a decent rental but will otherwise require extensive remodelling which is not worthwhile for the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

kevinc565 wrote: »
    Why is this house so cheap
    Have a look at the streetview - it is right beside the carpark entrance/exit and the delivery bay for the shopping centre.
    You'd be driven mad with the noise at all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fia11

Jesus wept if that's considered cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fia11 wrote: »
    Jesus wept if that's considered cheap.

It's relative to the property/location.
    Going through the property price register for that road and houses have sold for between 800,000 and €1,700,000. So it's on the "cheap" side of that spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Btw. It's just the basement of the house is separate from the other 2 floors. It was common to this in 80's and 90's but now most buyers would want one family house and convert the basement back into main house which would cost a bit.

Also Castlewood Avenue always has traffic built up on it in parts which I think keeps price down compared with its quieter neighbouring roads.

And is €1m that cheap for a terraced house?

Not cheap for most people I agree, but I think the top half of the house could go for 1m if the bottom didn't exist, give the price of other properties in the area.

Advertisement