Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Also, does anyone have a measurement for the shower enclosure in the ensuite, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

Hi there, I took some measurements from the showhouse too - most match with yours but now I'm wondering did I go wrong somewhere?

I measured the oven (H60cm x W48cm) and microwave (H60cm x W39cm) separately - we're not going for a double oven. Your hob and washing machine measurements match mine, but I measured the fridge as being 59cm wide?

Dishwasher in the island - I didn't measure this, but told it was standard size (i.e. not slimline).

If only Glenveagh gave us the bloody measurements...

Going to order appliances this weekend so my head is wrecked with this! :)

Couldn't agree more...when doing the showhouse, they'd have all of the measurements needed for flooring, carpets, appliances etc. so can't understand why this would not be included in a buyers pack

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

have bought one of the 4 bed house in the avenue :)
    I noticed on the thread a few things - are shower doors not fitted ? Has anyone been able to get measurements for the 4 beds? I'm not sure if they are the same as the 3 beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Can't help with the measurements on the 4 bed but shower doors aren't fitted

thanks Brian ! would anyone have recommendations for were to get shower doors ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more...when doing the showhouse, they'd have all of the measurements needed for flooring, carpets, appliances etc. so can't understand why this would not be included in a buyers pack

Apparently it's becasue all the houses may vary ever so slightly. So they don't want to commit and give exact measurements and then have us comeback saying a floor is slightly smaller, wider etc.

Don't know why they can't share them with a disclaimer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is there a second phase of these going up or are they all sold?

adox wrote: »
    Is there a second phase of these going up or are they all sold?

Pretty sure I overheard the agent say the next phase and showhouse launches in Sept. Worth double checking of course.

Knew everything was going to smoothly! Had a call from Glenvaugh saying Irish Water not coming this week either and the earliest they'll be out is the 22nd but that's even questionable so I'm now thinking an early August close

Knew everything was going to smoothly! Had a call from Glenvaugh saying Irish Water not coming this week either and the earliest they'll be out is the 22nd but that's even questionable so I'm now thinking an early August close

The 22nd? Crap. That's a pretty big jump from this Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Thanks for the info! Even early August is starting to sound optimistic at this point

That's very annoying. I expected a delay of some sort, but not such a big one this late! Someone told me the other day to expect delays with bank/solicitor at this time of year, too. Hard to know what to do in terms of sorting childcare, etc.!

Yeah very annoying, we had spoken to them about potentially snagging prior to the water being on to sort out any non-plumbing issues so we'll hopefully do that and then assuming no plumbing issues should be able to close quickly once Irish Water come out.

Yeah very annoying, we had spoken to them about potentially snagging prior to the water being on to sort out any non-plumbing issues so we'll hopefully do that and then assuming no plumbing issues should be able to close quickly once Irish Water come out.

Sounds like a solution, but does that mean that you'd have to pay for snagging twice? (Before/after water is turned on?)

You would yeah, most places will do a reduced rate for a 2 visit but not sure how flexible they'll be if they need to actually check for new issues the 2nd time as opposed to just coming to check that the original list is sorted.

Haven't actually spoken to a snagged to confirm that side of it yet just an idea we had to speed the process along

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Sorry to be looking for more measurements, but does anyone know the size of the ensuite shower door please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Had a look at these last week and while nice looking houses, just not for us at the moment.
    The downstairs is slightly skewed imo. The kitchen diner is a lovely space, really really big and spacious whereas the living room is quite small in comparison. Also the back garden a little on the small side.

Still they look well specced and it’s a lot of house for the money.

Rush imo is currently the best value on the North side of Dublin for what you get and it never ceases to surprise me how “cheap” property is compared to other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

22nd for the Irish Water work to be done? I assume that means no one was able to get the snagging done?
    I am in the back row on Knightsgate crescent and was originally told the completion date would be August, recently that has changed to end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

We are also in Knightsgate Crescent and the last I was told was end August/ beginning September. I am just quite disappointed by the lack of communication from the developer/ agent.

I was informed last week that we would be able to complete our snag end July

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Dommi1 wrote: »
    We are also in Knightsgate Crescent and the last I was told was end August/ beginning September. I am just quite disappointed by the lack of communication from the developer/ agent.

I was informed last week that we would be able to complete our snag end July

I totally agree on the communication. As for the end of September date, I got it from Dermot himself as we had a chat at Taste of Fingal two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

has anyone had any updates on move in dates ?

Laurendon wrote: »
    has anyone had any updates on move in dates ?

Last I heard is they're still waiting on Irish Water. If by next week they haven't arrived, they're gonna look at letting people snag early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

Last I heard is they're still waiting on Irish Water. If by next week they haven't arrived, they're gonna look at letting people snag early.

Glenveagh said they are supposed to have a report ready by Friday but that’s pretty much been the same thing for the last couple of weeks now.

I got in touch with Brian Dennehy from FF to understand what is holding things up.

He has a meeting with IW tomorrow and said he’s let me know after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

tvjunki wrote: »
    This builder just sold most of the housing stock in Taylor Hill and an estate in Donabate to Irish Reits so be careful they don't do the same in Rush.

There are a lot of second hand houses that are lower in price that you can put your stamp on. Maybe have a look there. You could get a lot for 330k.

This is good advice. Fingal currently seems to be either buying itself or the buy- to -let companies buy and Fingal places people in them - and Rush and Donabate seem to be on the hit-list.

You could end up in an estate with few private owners and believe me, its not snobbery just pure truth to say that it changes the nature of any development

seasidedub wrote: »
    This is good advice. Fingal currently seems to be either buying itself or the buy- to -let companies buy and Fingal places people in them - and Rush and Donabate seem to be on the hit-list.

You could end up in an estate with few private owners and believe me, its not snobbery just pure truth to say that it changes the nature of any development

Not the most helpful/relevant post on a thread of people talking about the houses they've just bought in this estate :rolleyes:

And yes, sorry. It is snobbery. I grew up on a council estate and I turned out just fine... I've also spent most of my adult life renting other people's 'private' houses without lowering the tone of the neighbourhood :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Folks, unless there is something to suggest this development is likely to be sold off in large chunks it's probably better to take the "REITs/LA are buying everything" discussion off this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

I have recently purchased a 3-bed in the development; having lived in Rush all my life, there is no place like home.

Good to hear people seem to getting some sort of update on the Irish Water "hook up"!

I have flooring dimensions: (give or take with off-cuts, you're looking at just over 90 m2 for entire house.

DOWNSTAIRS
    Kitchen: 17ft x 14.5ft (minus 6ft x 3ft Island; 2 m2 you wont be flooring)

Hall: roughly 19ft in lenght (split as 8ft x 6ft at entrance, and 11ft x 3ft along stairs)

Living room: 12.5ft x 13.5ft

Understairs should be maybe cleared in may 1.5 m2 of flooring.

UPSTAIRS
    Master Bed: 12ft x 12ft

Bed 1: 10ft x 10ft
    Bed 2 (Box): 10ft x 8.5ft

Landing 6ft x 12ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

robtr89 wrote: »
    I have recently purchased a 3-bed in the development; having lived in Rush all my life, there is no place like home.

Good to hear people seem to getting some sort of update on the Irish Water "hook up"!

I have flooring dimensions: (give or take with off-cuts, you're looking at just over 90 m2 for entire house.

DOWNSTAIRS
    Kitchen: 17ft x 14.5ft (minus 6ft x 3ft Island; 2 m2 you wont be flooring)

Hall: roughly 19ft in lenght (split as 8ft x 6ft at entrance, and 11ft x 3ft along stairs)

Living room: 12.5ft x 13.5ft

Understairs should be maybe cleared in may 1.5 m2 of flooring.

UPSTAIRS
    Master Bed: 12ft x 12ft

Bed 1: 10ft x 10ft
    Bed 2 (Box): 10ft x 8.5ft

Landing 6ft x 12ft

You rock! thanks for this. Super helpful

Advertisement