Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best home heating oil price - Sligo town

• 19-10-2011 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Simple as, want a tank filled up towards the new Supermacs on Bundoran Road, anyone know the cheapest/best to order from?

If anyone could PM me the contact number it would really be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Have a look at page 3 of previous threads: some info there...:)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Simple as, want a tank filled up towards the new Supermacs on Bundoran Road, anyone know the cheapest/best to order from?

If anyone could PM me the contact number it would really be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Best value is www.jonesoil.ie I've always found.

They've a depot on the quays and will generally be out next day. If you order it online it'll be cheaper than ordering it over the phone, and it'll tell you how much you get for how much, if you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Just looking at jones oil website and wondering what do I order Keroseane or Gas Oil??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Just looking at jones oil website and wondering what do I order Keroseane or Gas Oil??
    keroseane is home heating oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Will be ordering from Jones' Oil sometime this weekend, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

keroseane is home heating oil

Not so fast padre...... Boilers can run on Green (Gas Oil) or Kero, so make sure you know which is which before you order.

Its most likely kero, but if its a new-ish boiler have a look in the boiler house and the detail plate should state it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

Jones oil have a set price but if you ring some of the other suppliers and quote jones oil price some of the others will drop the price www.grangefuels.ie for one

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

I got 500 litres of Kero from Sligo fuels on the Quays a few days ago. Delivered the next day and it was €12.50 cheaper than what I just calculated on www.jonesoil.ie so you would be best off ringing and seeing what deal you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I order mine from Texoil online, always seem to be the cheapest and have the friendliest drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Couldn't get through to Jones oil, so rang sligo fuels (mcpartland)..
    Jones were cheaper online,so asked would he price match.. He said he'd go one better.. 500l kero for €365 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Couldn't get through to Jones oil, so rang sligo fuels (mcpartland)..
    Jones were cheaper online,so asked would he price match.. He said he'd go one better.. 500l kero for €365 :)

I got that price with Statoil too, just this afternoon. Seems to be the deal at the moment. A good time to get a fill, a hell of a lot cheaper than this time last year.

And at times like this I have to remember how fortunate I am to be able to keep the kids warm over Christmas, there's too many out there struggling. I hope everyone has a happy warm Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭barneyrub

I got 500l for €360 today from sligo fuels.

Advertisement