Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

• 03-06-2009 3:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

English Paper 2 was leaked in Louth Today. Possibly rescheduled. More info at rte.ie/exams

UPDATE 1: The SEC has announced the exam will take place on Saturday Morning, June 6th at 9:30.

A Helpline has been set up (lord knows why tbh, mountain out of a molehill): 1800 713 913

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

if it made ya feel good, believe it, but dont if ya get me!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

We wrote: »
    Ye so, friend just send me a text that he got from a friend or something...
    Now I am in no way regarding this as absolute truth but apparently, said person was handed paper2 by accident and whats coming up was passed on, getting to me...

Again I'll say it, bull**** detector is ringing like crazy at the mo. But just wondering, is it even plausible that someone could be handed the wrong paper? In my school today I'm not even sure if the examiner had paper2 in the class, why would they anyway... ?

The supposed questions were all pretty much what has been predicted which at least made me feel good for a few mins before I actually copped that its 99% likely to be bollox..
    and out of interest what were the questions???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

The papers are picked up from the post office, the whole school would've got paper two if there was a mess up. The supervisors only get the exam papers released to them at 8.30 and 1.30 in the afternoons so its pretty implausable that someone got paper two by accident. Sorry to burst your bubble

duffman13 wrote: »
    The papers are picked up from the post office, the whole school would've got paper two if there was a mess up. The supervisors only get the exam papers released to them at 8.30 and 1.30 in the afternoons so its pretty implausable that someone got paper two by accident. Sorry to burst your bubble

post office eh? wheres the damn light bulb icon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

We wrote: »
    Ye so, friend just send me a text that he got from a friend or something...
    Now I am in no way regarding this as absolute truth but apparently, said person was handed paper2 by accident and whats coming up was passed on, getting to me...

Again I'll say it, bull**** detector is ringing like crazy at the mo. But just wondering, is it even plausible that someone could be handed the wrong paper? In my school today I'm not even sure if the examiner had paper2 in the class, why would they anyway... ?

The supposed questions were all pretty much what has been predicted which at least made me feel good for a few mins before I actually copped that its 99% likely to be bollox..

So he said that what every teacher in the country says will be on it IS on it, and then when you get it tomorrow and see the choices he'll be like 'See, I told you' when we (almost) know what's coming up anyway.

Looks like your bull**** detector works.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

When our superintendent opened the paper 1 bag thing today she said "oh I better make sure they're not paper 2's"

It's on their list of things to do before the exam, incase they were packaged incorrectly.

It's plausable at least, but I wouldn't get too excited

/sniff sniff sniff
    I think I get a smell of BULL****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

So I'll be okay with Keats/Cultural Context/Supernatural? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

In my school the exam papers are kept in the caretaker's room
    :p

I know because I put them there myself last year. They all came together. I stil think the OP is bull though, they're quite well guarded and double checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I just got the same text, or at least something very similar - MB question is deception, Cultural Context, Keats, Longley, Walcott.

I'm nowhere near Leixlip so unless paper two's are being leaked all over the shop, it's complete arse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Yeah i got the same text...as much as I wish it was true, it's not.
    Anyway they have different versions of the paper in case of leaks like that.
    Not that I won't be revising everything that the text said would come up, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I got the same text :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Those texts better not be true, Bishop is the only poet I know anything at all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

This same story comes out every year. Sick of hearing it at this stage.

jeez how many leavings have you done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

ha, i got that text too ''my mates mates other mate'' type thing.
    in fairness it's all the predictions.
    i hope to god bishop comes up. and wallcot. love that man

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

That is so unlikely! The superviser checks to see if its the right paper, then 2 students have to sign the package to confirm that it is d correct paper and the package is unopened! Pretty sure one of those 3 people would have noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

the text I got was from a mate whos friends whith someone in some school in droheda, it was her class that got handed the wrong papers, and that deception, walcott and bishop are on it. It was warning me that they have different papers set in case things like that happen, and to be careful in case they use the different paper.

Dont know whether to believe it or not but it could easily happen, our supervisor just opened the envelope and put them face down on the desk, I dont think he checked them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Forget a leak, it never happens and if it did they would simply issue the back up papers immediately!

BUT

I do think Keats is coming up, so get revising the odes etc!
    I also think Cultural context is coming up.
    AND
    For Macbeth, I would be revising deception, Character : Lady Macbeth , ALSO I am nearly sure there might be a question on Macbeth a free agent or a victim of influences type thing, as it ties in with todays paper one themes!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BoggledOut

Bishop, Walcott, Longley, Keats.
    Cultural context, general vision and viewpoint.
    Deception.

All i gotta say...trust if you want!!:)

1st post does look kinda suspicious on my part i agree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

lorna100 wrote: »
    the text I got was from a mate whos friends whith someone in some school in droheda, it was her class that got handed the wrong papers, and that deception, walcott and bishop are on it. It was warning me that they have different papers set in case things like that happen, and to be careful in case they use the different paper.

Dont know whether to believe it or not but it could easily happen, our supervisor just opened the envelope and put them face down on the desk, I dont think he checked them...

Was also warned about them having different papers...
    I wonder how different the different paper would be, if any of this is true, because I'm learning very little so if any of the papers are different to the main predictions, I'm totally screwed... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Its deffo Bulls**t!! Not a hope did it happen. It just couldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

Don't believe it...
    Even if it did happen like everyone's saying..backup papers for a reason!!
    Just go about your revision as if you never heard about that text!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Got the same text in wexford!!

Dont believe it tbh, the things that have been widely tipped for months all coming up?!

Poets are a fairly handy guess, theme/issue came up last 2 years so cultural context is fairly cert aswell!

I'll wait and see! Hopefull they dont decide to change it now! Put on the other 4 poets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BoggledOut

It did happen...
    one of my close friends was in the centre...
    said the guy was sh**ing it when it happened!!
    Also, one of the head guys was supposidly up and everything!

But if it has been reported the likelyhood of those exam papers being handed out again tomorrow seems slim to none!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

im repeating people said the exact same thing last year and i remember people saying the same thing had happened the year before, its sad people spreading rumors your better off not listening to them at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

BoggledOut wrote: »
    It did happen...
    one of my close friends was in the centre...
    said the guy was sh**ing it when it happened!!
    Also, one of the head guys was supposidly up and everything!

But if it has been reported the likelyhood of those exam papers being handed out again tomorrow seems slim to none!!

I don't believe it!
    A friend of mine was told the same last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

My friend seems dead convinced it happened, and it's quite very possible that her friend goes to school in Drogheda. Hmmm.

Was also warned about them having different papers...
    I wonder how different the different paper would be, if any of this is true, because I'm learning very little so if any of the papers are different to the main predictions, I'm totally screwed... :(

Thats why Im getting worried. Im learning so little off that if the likely questions dont come up, im screwed. And if we are getting the backup paper, its unlikely to have any of the predicted things on it.

Im going to see if theres any mention of it on the news..

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Hahahaha.

Five minutes after reading this thread i got the very same text. I'm in Meath for the record.

If it were true why would they tell anyone besides bragging rights?I know I'd keep it to myself so as to gain an advantage, we are after all in a competition with each other. Or maybe I'm just too mean :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Look as I said earlier forget a leak IT DID NOT, AND COULD NOT HAPPEN!

BUT
    If your looking for tips on what to study, take out a poetry book study Keats, and then do up a list of different and alike aspects for cultural context!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

I'd say half the country is reading it off this, then texting eachother. its absolute sh1te. And if it is true (just say it was) we would get back up papers which i heard are a d1ck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement