Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah just for a week. SummerFM is a great idea! Wasn’t a fan of HalloweenFM then again I’m not really a fan of Halloween.
    Maybe PaddyFM for paddy’s Day?

I love Halloween, especially when its marked off the Checklist:D
    I think PaddyFM would be a step too far for me anyhow:rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I love Halloween, especially when its marked off the Checklist:D
    I think PaddyFM would be a step too far for me anyhow:rolleyes::D

But all the trad and rebel songs :P

But all the trad and rebel songs :P

Isn't SF looking after that now:p (Sorry, no politics) Feel free to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Looks like ChristmasFM will be on our airwaves (well online anyway) as valentinesFM. Cheesy love ballads? Oh yes!

Love this. My wife is a big Valentines fan (she loves cheesy romance in general) so will have this on in the house for the next few day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well tickle me excited

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCT5JjHnFB4/?igshid=1f69gwqjduvy0

I’ve a feeling it’ll be a charity partner announcement. Either way all good :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooooooh.

ChristmasFM is doing Christmas in July that’s the big announcement :D

ChristmasFM is doing Christmas in July that’s the big announcement :D

Any details? One off day or longer?

TRS30 wrote: »
    Any details? One off day or longer?

Scrap the above, just seen your post in other thread.

From ChristmasFM
    WE’RE BACK! We’re live online tomorrow from 7am to midnight for ONE DAY ONLY to celebrate Christmas in July!

We all need a bit of Christmas cheer right now. To celebrate Christmas in July, we’re giving you the chance to win one of five €100 One4All gift cards.

To enter, follow Christmas FM on Instagram @christmasfm and share a video or photo telling us about your “Christmas Magic Moments”! It can be anything at all from memories to stories, songs, food and traditions, just something that makes Christmas magical for you.

And don’t forget to tune in tomorrow for Christmas in July! Listen online, on mobile and via smart speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

HappyDayz..... Thanks Christmas FM.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Great news!

Lucifer wrote: »
    Great news!

Loving your username as its associated with this thread:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eeek Christmas FM! Mariah on now ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Logged on for a second there to hear the intro to Springstien's Santa Claus is coming to town. Had to switch it off, don't know why but it felt weird

Jude13 wrote: »
    Logged on for a second there to hear the intro to Springstien's Santa Claus is coming to town. Had to switch it off, don't know why but it felt weird

I went for a walk with the doggo at 7.30am this morning and I switched it on during the walk, initially it brought back all the fond memories of last December walking him on the cold dark morning and evenings while listening to ChristmasFM but as it was so bright this morning it just felt weird...

I found I couldn't get into it after a couple of songs so I switched back to listening to Podcasts, which was a shame as I was so excited to tune in this morning.

I went for a walk with the doggo at 7.30am this morning and I switched it on during the walk, initially it brought back all the fond memories of last December walking him on the cold dark morning and evenings while listening to ChristmasFM but as it was so bright this morning it just felt weird...

I found I couldn't get into it after a couple of songs so I switched back to listening to Podcasts, which was a shame as I was so excited to tune in this morning.

Same :( Think I was so excited I hyped it up too much in my head and thought it would cure the current manic workload and lack of sleep!

Will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Not just me so, was on site this morning, just back to my desk at home & stuck it on, felt weird so after the second song decided, nah I'll wait until the proper launch at the end of November.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I love love Christmas fm and god knows I need that cheering up right now but I just can't do it in July

Ditto, I am mad for it, it is all I listen to when it goes live. I also think that it is just me (and a few of you) who are not in a Christmasy place today.

• Advertisement

Ditto, I am mad for it, it is all I listen to when it goes live. I also think that it is just me (and a few of you) who are not in a Christmasy place today.

I'm not sure its just today TBH, most of us regulars here are certified christmas nuts, thats a given, but I think Christmas is a time/place thing and outside of the season (even allowing for christmas creep) it simply doesn't feel christmas 'enough' to really feel right, or something like that anyway...

In saying that i've ended up leaving it on in the background and am currently enjoying Elton Johns 'Step into Christmas' as i type this & it made me smile.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

FTR my Mrs stepped in to ask me something & said I was off my chunk listening to christmas stuff in July... and she knows how big a Christmas fan I am too.

Ah here, Andy Williams is being played now... best christmas song ever!! Love it!!:D

I have it playing nun my head, I am just waiting to bail on the office for a week. May have a listen in the car on the way home with it being 42 degrees today.

I have it playing nun my head, I am just waiting to bail on the office for a week. May have a listen in the car on the way home with it being 42 degrees today.

I'm laughing here to myself, for someone who 'wasn't getting it' earlier I've managed to get myself into it now, albeit as background music while I work away.

Did remind me to add a couple of tracks to my own christmas playlist too!

DvB wrote: »
    I'm laughing here to myself, for someone who 'wasn't getting it' earlier I've managed to get myself into it now, albeit as background music while I work away.

Did remind me to add a couple of tracks to my own christmas playlist too!

Went out for a walk at lunch to clear the head and came back in much better form. Have it on in the background as well since after lunch and much more into this time as well. Even caught myself singing along to a few of the songs :)

Anyone put in a Boards request or mention? I don't have Instagram.

Reminds me of the proper start last year and DvB got a mention and he got your name wrong! haha

TRS30 wrote: »

Reminds me of the proper start last year and DvB got a mention and he got your name wrong! haha

Had forgotten that completely, well remembered :D

Had sent in a couple of requests asking for a shout out for us lot on here, but havent heard a mention as of yet and will be heading out soon so let us know if anyone hears anything!

Flicked it back on a couple of times again was nice to hear the DJs and not just a computerised playlist.

I just wished it was a cold wet day out and not sunny to at least give the impression to was winter.

Also annoyed me that one of the DJs kept laughing every time he said Christmas in July. I get it it’s an unusual event but you’re presenting on ChristmasFM just give into it fully. Don’t be embarrassed by it.

Their social media person is brilliant. Completely buys into it.

• Advertisement

Flicked it back on a couple of times again was nice to hear the DJs and not just a computerised playlist.

I just wished it was a cold wet day out and not sunny to at least give the impression to was winter.

Also annoyed me that one of the DJs kept laughing every time he said Christmas in July. I get it it’s an unusual event but you’re presenting on ChristmasFM just give into it fully. Don’t be embarrassed by it.

Their social media person is brilliant. Completely buys into it.

Have to say was sceptical myself at the start but was well into it by the afternoon.

Advertisement