Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donedeal

• 28-01-2013 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    whenever I log onto Donedeal.ie, I get Donedeal.co.uk. this makes little difference, except that all the prices are in sterling, with the Euro equivelant shown underneath. Ami doing something silly or wrong, or has done deal swapped server or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

change the adress bar at the top of your screen by deleteing .co.uk and enter .ie instead or just google done deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Probably just typed it wrong once and now its auto filling in the address...
    Go into your browser history and clear the history and the cache too..

Then type away in address bar and it should be fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Got this reply from Donedeal. Now, how did I miss that?

Thank you for contacting my name is Amy I work with the website DoneDeal.
    To change the site you are viewing please go to the homepage and scroll to the very bottom of the page and in the black box under Section click on Ireland, this will change the currency to Euro's.

Hope this helps

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I appreciate this is an old thread but I'm having the exact same problem, done deal keeps reverting to sterling and the section is still Ireland??
    There is no talk to forum for donedeal on boards, anyone know how to fix this, I noticed the URL keeps reverting to .co.UK despite me not or ever inputting that, never noticed this before but its a real pain in the t!ts

Still happening, no matter how many times I change it, it just changes back to the .co.UK domain. This never happened to me before and its not like so done isn't locatable by their IP address, seems like there is more to this.making donedeal a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

cerastes wrote: »
    Still happening, no matter how many times I change it, it just changes back to the .co.UK domain. This never happened to me before and its not like so done isn't locatable by their IP address, seems like there is more to this.making donedeal a pain.

The phone app any better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I actually put in .co.uk when you first asked this to see if it would change my saved preference. And it did so as said above, just delete your cache/history and type it in correctly first time and you'll be sorted.

Kovu wrote: »
    I actually put in .co.uk when you first asked this to see if it would change my saved preference. And it did so as said above, just delete your cache/history and type it in correctly first time and you'll be sorted.
    I'll look into what you say, see if it solves the problem, thing is, I never put in the .co.UK part though, no need, I tried to get it to revert back by clicking down the bottom of the page to return it to ireland as the location but it keeps reverting back to .co.uk, I put in donedeal.ie originally and it just reverted to .co.uk when I started looking at motorbikes? Iv only noticed this happens on my tablet.thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Were you looking at bikes up the North by any chance? It may have automatically changed over if you looked at N.Ireland adverts more. Anyhow just clear down your history and it should be grand. Just make sure you know all your passwords :D

Were you looking at bikes up the North by any chance? It may have automatically changed over if you looked at N.Ireland adverts more. Anyhow just clear down your history and it should be grand. Just make sure you know all your passwords :D

Just did that, cleared all instances of history of .co.UK, googled donedeal.ie, went to .ie, clicked on motorbikes and it just went straight to the .co.UK domain, PITA
    I checked and I connected through .ie and just tried it again as above, don't get it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Try dungdeal.ie

Its little enough just a bit of a pain when you're searching, never came across them ads, some funny ones,

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭4512

Does anyone know if you have to pay for a wanted ad on donedeal?

Reggie. wrote: »
    The phone app any better
    Don't know, didn't try it, so far only seems to be a problem on the tablet

No, not that I was aware, all though some seem to be advertised as Irish and then when you look further not registered here.
    4512 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to pay for a wanted ad on donedeal?

When I saw this I thought it was some kind of follow on joke to the dungdeal.
    I suspect you genuinely mean wanted, I imagine so, its an advert taken out?
    After dungdeal and the hassles sometimes with adverts I wonder would I bother, I would really but suppose I should expect sorts that seem to have time to waste enquiring without any intention of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

How are you going about clearing your cache? I get the impression you aren't doing it correctly from what you wrote. Google 'clearing cache on internet explorer' (or Firefox, or Chrome, or whatever browser you are using). You will get better advice there than on a farming forum :)

Do you have any software that hides your IP address running? The stuff that allows you to watch BBC player or USA Netflix for example...

How are you going about clearing your cache? I get the impression you aren't doing it correctly from what you wrote. Google 'clearing cache on internet explorer' (or Firefox, or Chrome, or whatever browser you are using). You will get better advice there than on a farming forum :)

Do you have any software that hides your IP address running? The stuff that allows you to watch BBC player or USA Netflix for example...

It was the closest problem to my own and the most recent,I don't want to clear the cache as the option seems to be all or nothing, I can't selectively delete cache or history or anything seperately and I don't want to lose saved passwords and have to redo that all now, I'll just tolerate donedeal, pain as you think what a deal, then realise its still in sterling. No software to watch programmes from other regions, that's what's annoying, makes me think there is some intent as it happens automatically when I start looking at motorbikes, never had any reason to use anything other than their .ie domain.

Advertisement