Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I imagine the hangover from the WC will manifest in some bit of a reduction in demand for tickets for the upcoming 6ns.

Combine that with a huge reduction in the members of the supporters club after last year's debacle, and that it's Scotland, Wales and Italy in Dublin this time, I think tickets won't be terribly difficult to get a hold of for anyone determined enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭mike2084

Haven't heard a peep from the Supporters Club since 31st August - not even sure when you are suppose to renew as it doesn't say anything about your renewal date anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭PMC83

mike2084 wrote: »
    Haven't heard a peep from the Supporters Club since 31st August - not even sure when you are suppose to renew as it doesn't say anything about your renewal date anymore

I guess you are good to go then? I went to log in a few weeks ago and couldn't as my membership was expired. Never got an email about it though!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Id say they just want rid of the Supporters Club, there is likely enough demand now for tickets etc they can make more with less overhead and hassle without it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I know a bit late now but the Leinster STH ballot for 6N tickets closed last night.

Re the above about demand, think it will still be there as will it be for the November games at home in 2020 vs Australia, Japan and the world champions.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Id say they just want rid of the Supporters Club, there is likely enough demand now for tickets etc they can make more with less overhead and hassle without it.

I got that feeling myself TBH, they closed the forum (though was largely out of use) and changed they way tickets were available.

I think the reality is if they don't have any tickets to sell through the supporters club, then the club itself becomes largely a waste of time for most members, and they would be aware of that fact. 50 quid a year for a paper thin scarf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

pc7 wrote: »

Not sure what overheads would be involved in the supporters club. Surely well covered by 50e a head for the chance to buy tickets?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not sure what overheads would be involved in the supporters club. Surely well covered by 50e a head for the chance to buy tickets?

Your probably right, but I suspect they realise that if they have no tickets to sell, they can only charge people 50 quid yearly for a scarf for so long.

Even last year, members were kicking up about the amount of tickets actually available to the club. The club volunteered no info on this front and have also closed the forum, so its very hard to actually see if anybody got anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Welsh red supporter club amazing. Loads of information, you are harassed with invites to things. Pre match events. Tickets available and it’s half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I knew of one or two posters on here who got access to tickets last year and nobody else, not any of the four or five people I know who are in it personally got everything.

Sure its hit and miss whether they even send a welcome gift or renewal gift anymore.

Their treatment of existing members last year was atrocious and as others have said, it's essentially in wind down and you'd be mad to join it. The only benefit is potential access to tickets which you have to get lucky in an opt out ballot to even get near.

• Advertisement

I knew of one or two posters on here who got access to tickets last year and nobody else, not any of the four or five people I know who are in it personally got everything.

Sure its hit and miss whether they even send a welcome gift or renewal gift anymore.

Their treatment of existing members last year was atrocious and as others have said, it's essentially in wind down and you'd be mad to join it. The only benefit is potential access to tickets which you have to get lucky in an opt out ballot to even get near.

I must admit, after all all my complaining I did pay in again this year. Didn't get any tickets last year, but if its ballot this year again, it will be my last year in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PMC83 wrote: »
    I must admit, after all all my complaining I did pay in again this year. Didn't get any tickets last year, but if its ballot this year again, it will be my last year in it.

It's not a bad idea. Was half thinking myself of doing the same to see if it is the de facto approach from now on, or if it was a one off because the bandwagon got too full last year. So you're not alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Might throw them an email and see what the story is about renewing. Would definitely give it one more lash. As already pointed out demand should be down a bit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Redo91 wrote: »
    Might throw them an email and see what the story is about renewing. Would definitely give it one more lash. As already pointed out demand should be down a bit this year.

Let us know if they reply to the email, in a similar boat, and have a feeling the supporters club might actually be worth a few tickets this year for reasons mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

smokybacon wrote: »
    Welsh red supporter club amazing. Loads of information, you are harassed with invites to things. Pre match events. Tickets available and it’s half the price.

Thats been phased out I think .
    Only one type of membership now and its £50 per year.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/principalitystadium/Memberships/List

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

crisco10 wrote: »
    Let us know if they reply to the email, in a similar boat, and have a feeling the supporters club might actually be worth a few tickets this year for reasons mentioned above.

So I got a reply to my e-mail. The supporters club still exists! Apparently the tickets will go on sale for supporters club members at some point in December.

Re renewals I was directed to email IRFUQueries@promotionalpayments.com. They told me automated e-mails are sent out to members shortly before their membership is due for renewal. They did warn that some people’s email account may block the e-mail re the renewal so check your junk mail. When they responded to my initial e-mail they just told me the renewal date for my account was 1st December so I’d imagine if anyone can’t find an e-mail just ask them and they can tell you.

Email arrived, back to the old system of first come first served, best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Email arrived, back to the old system of first come first served, best of luck everyone!

For the SC members or General Sale?

For the SC members or General Sale?

Sorry for SC members, first come first served. No more lottery as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thanks.

Once there's still an allocation for the SC at least it's something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭testtech05

I've just realised I've let my membership run out (due to last year's fiasco.)

When I log in now it is giving me the option to renew. Does anyone know if I would be too late to be included in the 6nations sale or when are they being sold?

Im reluctant to renew if I won't at least have a crack at the 6n tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Any word when we will know if any tickets are going on sale?

When did you get email? I've got nothing here

today at 1.27

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kb1989

testtech05 wrote: »
    I've just realised I've let my membership run out (due to last year's fiasco.)

When I log in now it is giving me the option to renew. Does anyone know if I would be too late to be included in the 6nations sale or when are they being sold?

Im reluctant to renew if I won't at least have a crack at the 6n tickets

“ Renewals are open until Sunday December 8th at 5pm and will then close to allow time to set up the mailer to eligible members.”

today at 1.27

Thanks. Had issues receiving emails last year too. Hoped it would be resolved but guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭testtech05

kb1989 wrote: »
    “ Renewals are open until Sunday December 8th at 5pm and will then close to allow time to set up the mailer to eligible members.”

Thanks a million for that. I think il give it another year so!

Anyone know when tickets are on sale? Logged in there and membership had expired. Never got an email to say but was able to renew online there. Dunno if that means I'm counted though..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know when tickets are on sale? Logged in there and membership had expired. Never got an email to say but was able to renew online there. Dunno if that means I'm counted though..

Nope- above says cut off was yesterday.

• Advertisement

Nope- above says cut off was yesterday.

Yeah like I said I never got a email. Gonna chance my arm emailing seeing could they add me cos I never got reminder email. Think they might need new email provider as it's not a once off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement